+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: 8/18 PH SHOW DISCUSSION *Spoilers*

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by xkissluvx
    Who? Desiree?
    Oops, I meant Tara but now that you mention it, Desiree too

FORT Regular
    Charla really pissed me off this episode. Poor Dave,it looks like he really likes her....
    Desiree seems like an airhead.
    Keith was a little weird...doesn't he see Charla practically hates him lol?
    Scott and Holly aren't really doing anything except flirting,it seems like they need to catch up on what's going on.
    I really wanted the girls to pick Lauren because she seems more outgoing and not as snobby,IMO.

FORT Fogey
    I have a feeling Charla might be voted off next episode. They usually give "hints" in the episode before somebody gets voted off that they might be the one to go and today Charla made the off hand comment, "i think i will be voted off next". There really was no hints about the other ladies or amy.

As for Charla tonight, talk about your major downers. I hope she gets better next episode but she really did dave wrong when he was trying to be nice.

Notes on this show:

It was an ok show but nothing really mind breaking, hopefully next episode will add more drama with another girl getting booted.

also:

1. watching dave dance was funny as hell

2. what about competition makes dave become so extremist(the king and queen comp)

On Hiatus
    I keep getting madder and madder at Charla for making fun of Dave's good gesture. Stupid reality TV. Bah.
    "Ashleigh": I just think it's sleazy. It's dirty.
    Matt: Welcome to television!
    -The Joe Schmo Show

FORTified with Vitamin D solacean's Avatar
    Bummer about the choice of the new girl ... I was really hoping for Lauren to come on board. I have the feeling that Des may see the Outsider foursome as the clique that needs to be broken up (oh no!).

For the most part I was impressed with Keith tonight. I thought he really handled his conversations with Charla well, walking a fine line between extremes, right down to borrowing Charla's "irritated with you" line to subtly make a point to Charla without offending her (since they were her own words).

Unfortunately, Charla was too wrapped up in Charla-pity tonight to pick up on that, or on much of anything else. And Keith was so on target about her being a tease! If she was serious about using the ex-BF picture to clue him in to her disinterest, as she told Tara, then she ought to knock it off with all of the touching and climbing on the guy that she apparently engages in so much of the rest of the time. Talk about mixed signals!

I've liked Charla the most during the bulk of the show's run so far, but I didn't like her very much tonight. Not because she didn't participate in all of the wild partying and all of that ... heck, all too often that has been *me* who was sitting in a chair in the corner and watching everyone else have fun. That's just not who she is, which is fine. But when she starts feeling bad, she is too busy feeling that way to notice that she starts stepping on anyone and everyone else around her, even when they go out of their way to show they care about her (bravo to Dave for his effort with the food). (Edit: YCan'tAngieRead could have a very good point about the possibility of this girl having some bipolar tendencies. And anyone who's evidently a Tori Amos fan probably knows what they are talking about in general. )

I don't think Dave really believes he still has a "shot at romance" with Charla ... I have a feeling he may have accepted that, and genuinely just wants to be friends with her now. Or maybe I'm just naive. (Well, not maybe ... I know I can be at times.)

I still don't like Amy at all. Man, she was once again completely, unnecessarily nasty to both of the new candidates, and I'm so very beyond tired of the rose-colored Zack glasses (Keith is right - again! - about what chances the Zack+Amy pairing stands outside of the hotel). But at least she seems to be starting to try to play the game now ... at least a little bit.

It seems that Holly and Scott can't even muster up even one personality betwen them. Boring! Say what you like about Tom, but at least the guy's strangeness is interesting.

Speaking of strangeness, the girl I liked the most tonight was Tara. Yes, she's playing the game pretty hard (which is the whole point of being there after all), but at least she doesn't seem to be playing with anyone's feelings. I have a suspicion Keith would be much less "frustrated" if he had Tara as a roommate. And my gosh, she even seemed to play along with the whole ridiculous Smokey thing.

My bets for the next vote-off: I think two girls are going home, not just one. And I do believe either Charla or Tara will be one of them. Which is a bummer ... but then again maybe Charla is ready to go home. Sending her home now would be better than seeing her spend the rest of the show curled up in bed by herself.
    Last edited by solacean; 08-18-2003 at 11:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JR.
    I'd like to "crown" a few with a 2x4
    Can't. Breathe.

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by solacean
    Sending her home now would be better than seeing her spend the rest of the show curled up in bed by herself.
    Is it me or does Charla seem to sleep alot. Last show she seemed to take a 2 hour nap(when dave was talking to keith, he made an off hand comment about him doing "all the work" while she was napping for 2 hours). This show she is stuck in bed during the middle of the day.

On a side not about the dave incidient where he asked for a hug, they showed a clip tonight with an extra few seconds of footage and you can clearly see her Charla move towards them right before they cut out.

Nerds Just Wanna Have Fun Boredom's Avatar
    Am I the only person who likes Des? She seems like an interesting person.

FORTified with Vitamin D solacean's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CharlaFan
    On a side not about the dave incidient where he asked for a hug, they showed a clip tonight with an extra few seconds of footage and you can clearly see her Charla move towards them right before they cut out.
    Thanks for reminding me! Yep, it is now very evident that the editors originally cut that scene to make it look like Charla was ignoring Dave's offer of a hug, when in actuality she was simply finishing what she was in the middle of first. I'm a little surprised that they let the slightly longer cut into this latest episode.

Maybe the show is actually playing US rather than the guests.

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by boredouttamind
    Am I the only person who likes Des? She seems like an interesting person.
    I like her, i thought both girls would have been good. I like the fact she notices that she has to pair up with somebody in some form of alliance to move forward in this game.

Quote Originally Posted by solocean
    I'm a little surprised that they let the slightly longer cut into this latest episode.
    It was sort of wierd they did that i thought, this whole episode was basically "negative towards Charla but they put that lil "extra" clip in there that would put her in more a positive light.

On a side note, i suggest we all group up together and take a collection so we can buy both Scott and Holly a personality. As much as i dislike Amy and Kristen i would much rather see holly get the boot next week since I find she really doesn't add much to the show, least the 2 above mentioned add some form of entertainment to the show.
    Last edited by CharlaFan; 08-19-2003 at 12:00 AM.

+ Reply to Thread