+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: 8/18 PH SHOW DISCUSSION *Spoilers*

C'mon Without Cmon Within QuinntheEskimo's Avatar
    ummmm... that's why i said LEAST threatening of the two...
    understandably any new person is a threat- but looks, shallowness dictate the level of the threat.

Quote Originally Posted by QuinntheEskimo
    ummmm... that's why i said LEAST threatening of the two...
    understandably any new person is a threat- but looks, shallowness dictate the level of the threat.
    I've asked this question before. Do you think any of the original guests would be selected as a new guest? Based on the above statement Quin, only Charla and Holly would have even been considered. Although, I don't remember how Tara got there (who she was up against), I'm sure they are all pretty upset about this decision by now!

C'mon Without Cmon Within QuinntheEskimo's Avatar
    Funny... Mrs. Quinn and I had this conversation last night... (Please dont judge us on our shallowness...lol)
    I personally think most of the (female) original guest would have been selected to join PH... none of the originals were extraordinary looking- in fact based on my inputs in another thread- i would say the originals were below average in the looks and shallowness department- thereby making them less of a threat to the originals... the only reason the originals came into power is by power in numbers (in a revenge of the nerds kind of way...).

I think the opposite is true for the men- Mrs. Quinn and I agree that the original men are above average looking, and that whole alpha male thing would have prevented most of the original guys being selected to join PH- (which is why they bring along guys like Dave and Tom/Smokey)...

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by funnygirl422
    I don't remember how Tara got there (who she was up against)
    Tara was up against Lauren, the girl who is a 2 time loser as of last night.

Loved the scene with Tara questioning Keith about if he would pick her over Kristen at roommate selection. Very revealing. Showed where her head was at. Keith was so great by saying "don't think that way" to Tara who seems easily worried about them sticking together.

The editing has me so annoyed. :mad: Especially the way they are piecing together these clips of Charla that are out of context (Re: Dave Hug). I'm sure she's a brat at times, but I think this was Charla sucks week in the editing room. Also ... the party at Desiree's happened AFTER she chose a roommate, not before (but they did this so people will sit through the commercials to see selection). They made it seem as though the selection happened the next day, but everyone is wearing the same clothes from the previous night. All the drinking and partying explains a little why Tara went so *wild* - she wanted to get back on the good side of the boys since she is in the single room again.

If we go with the theory that the king and queen are immune, does that mean they have to room together, or will the persons they select be theirs to keep at the next selection?

Has anyone seen the clips for this week on Yahoo! Platinum? It showed a clip of Amy and I think Tara kissing. Maybe thats what Mr Voice-Man was talking about when he said that the party gets out of control...

Quote Originally Posted by QuinntheEskimo
    Funny... Mrs. Quinn and I had this conversation last night... (Please dont judge us on our shallowness...lol)
    I personally think most of the (female) original guest would have been selected to join PH... none of the originals were extraordinary looking- in fact based on my inputs in another thread- i would say the originals were below average in the looks and shallowness department- thereby making them less of a threat to the originals... the only reason the originals came into power is by power in numbers (in a revenge of the nerds kind of way...).

I think the opposite is true for the men- Mrs. Quinn and I agree that the original men are above average looking, and that whole alpha male thing would have prevented most of the original guys being selected to join PH- (which is why they bring along guys like Dave and Tom/Smokey)...
    One of my favorite sayings is "people in glass houses...". That being said, I would never judge you on your shallowness to pass judgment on reality tv goofs. I wish I had somebody across the dinner table from me to discuss this with.
    I think the only reason that the originals had any sort of power is based on fear not numbers. I don't think any one of them had the balls/breasts (whatever) to stand up to those self-appointed decision makers (i.e., Toni and Zackazz). That's why Keith's plan of ousting Zackazz was thoroughly brilliant!

She'll be there when I'm gone... won't she?
    Quote Originally Posted by CandiKisses
    Well she IS a woman. We do that. To me, the picture of the ex explains it all. She obviously was dumped recently by a good guy that she probably loved and didn't want to see go. So naturally women are extremely cautious when they start to like a new guy. Why put yourself in a position to be rejected when you were just broken by a relationship. To much emotions to deal with.

I can say honestly, that when I really like someone but I'm not sure if I'm ready for it, I try to convince myself that its not what I want...when it actually is what I want...Deniel...a defense mechanism...whatever you wanna call it.

Girls are weird. You can never understand them until you are one of them.
    That last statement is so true. I gave up trying to understand you lot (women) after years of observation and study of my mom and sister. Unfortunately, I'm like Dave when it comes to women. I like the attention from them, and I do pretty much whatever I can to get it. So if Charla was flirting with me like she did with Keith, I would probably think "Well, she likes me" when that's probably not really the case based on my track record. So then I'd think, "no, she's just being nice" and end up not ever doing anything.
    R.I.P Willie Dog (?/?/1989-12/17/2004). Gone but never forgotten.

Welcome Zelda (and a hot of other names)! (Born 08/08/2005, adopted 10/08/2005)

Also welcome Shasta! (Born ?/?/2004, Adopted 03/??/07)

Quote Originally Posted by YCan'tAngieRead
    Seriously, and I say this from a professional point of view, it looks like Charla's bipolar. To me, it looks like she just hit her low mark...which is usually accompanied by sleep, insulting people you don't mean to, and lack of desire to be social or care about anything. I was really annoyed with her until I realized what I was seeing. Get that girl some medication.

Also indications of PMS... think ppl, they have been there 7 or 8 weeks at this point? She's due.
    Give her some chocolate, some pretzels and some chocolate covered pretzels and a 2L of diet pepsi then leave her the hell alone for 2 days when she will re-emerge from her room. refreshed and invigorated!
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

Quote Originally Posted by Yellow Apple
    That last statement is so true. I gave up trying to understand you lot (women) after years of observation and study of my mom and sister. Unfortunately, I'm like Dave when it comes to women. I like the attention from them, and I do pretty much whatever I can to get it. So if Charla was flirting with me like she did with Keith, I would probably think "Well, she likes me" when that's probably not really the case based on my track record. So then I'd think, "no, she's just being nice" and end up not ever doing anything.
    Let me get this straight YA, you are comparing a woman's behavior towards Dave and the same woman's behavior toward Keith?

I firmly believe a guy doesn't need encouragement, they just need a place!

+ Reply to Thread