+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: 8/18 PH SHOW DISCUSSION *Spoilers*

Editing, editing, editing. Like I said yesterday, we were all so pro Amy when this show started, now none of us would give her the time of day. As far as Charla sleeping a lot, I see this as editing and boredom. I mean she's trapped in this hotel until somebody let's her out. There's only so much you can do (including flirting). Notice how she minimizes her time with any of the guests? The less emotionally involved you get with someone, the easier it is to make determinations about their character and decisions to see them gone.

I can't believe somebody said she didn't even thank Dave for the steak. How do you know this? Just because the editors chose not to show it doesn't mean it didn't happen. Then again, maybe it didn't.

I agree with you guys about Scott and Holly. Is it just me or does it seem they spend all of their time in their room unless a group meeting is called? I think they may just be named king and queen just to get them out!

I wonder what the twist to being king and queen is? I wonder if they will be "immune" from this weeks roommate selection.

Nerds Just Wanna Have Fun Boredom's Avatar
    I think that the guy is immune and that the girl gets the final say in who goes home (like if Tara won and Scott and Alex were both at Holly, she could choose between them for Holly) Or maybe they have veto power to make someone stay.

She'll be there when I'm gone... won't she?
    OK, I realize that I didn't take into account the editing factor, but I still have no explanation for Charla's wishy-washiness on Keith. She flirts with him, then brings up the ex (a HUGE no-no), then flirts with him some more. She's sending mixed signals, and having been through that myself, I don't like it.
    R.I.P Willie Dog (?/?/1989-12/17/2004). Gone but never forgotten.

Welcome Zelda (and a hot of other names)! (Born 08/08/2005, adopted 10/08/2005)

Also welcome Shasta! (Born ?/?/2004, Adopted 03/??/07)

FORT Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by solacean
    Thanks for reminding me! Yep, it is now very evident that the editors originally cut that scene to make it look like Charla was ignoring Dave's offer of a hug, when in actuality she was simply finishing what she was in the middle of first. I'm a little surprised that they let the slightly longer cut into this latest episode.

Maybe the show is actually playing US rather than the guests.
    It makes me wonder what else they have cut out of Charla and Dave's interaction. I mean, they could easily be creating drama by trying to show the viewers that there is tension between Dave and Charla. It's possible that Charla could have said...I don't want steak...but then smiled and said that was sweet or something.

Who knows? But its possible.

FORT Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Yellow Apple
    OK, I realize that I didn't take into account the editing factor, but I still have no explanation for Charla's wishy-washiness on Keith. She flirts with him, then brings up the ex (a HUGE no-no), then flirts with him some more. She's sending mixed signals, and having been through that myself, I don't like it.
    Well she IS a woman. We do that. To me, the picture of the ex explains it all. She obviously was dumped recently by a good guy that she probably loved and didn't want to see go. So naturally women are extremely cautious when they start to like a new guy. Why put yourself in a position to be rejected when you were just broken by a relationship. To much emotions to deal with.

I can say honestly, that when I really like someone but I'm not sure if I'm ready for it, I try to convince myself that its not what I want...when it actually is what I want...Deniel...a defense mechanism...whatever you wanna call it.

Girls are weird. You can never understand them until you are one of them.

searching for reality voyager265's Avatar
    I agree that Charla might be trying to distance herself. Look how awful she felt when she had to be the one that sent Toni home, she actually liked Toni and didn't want her to leave till after Amy & Kristin. I don't think I ever saw Amy or Kristin being nice to Charla at all, so she hadn't formed any attachments to them.

If Dave were to leave, I think she would totally self-destruct.
    Give a person a fish and you feed them for a day; teach that person to use the Internet and they won't bother you for weeks.

On Hiatus
    More observations from the outcast...

-No one agrees with my depression theory. WAAAAAHHHH. As a certified recluse myself, I see a lot of my own actions in Charla. And for anyone who thinks I mean this in some sort of mean way, I don't. We all go through these phases-just some of us more lengthy (or in Charla's case, more on-camera) than others.

-Charla's picture of her ex could be a fall-back. She might use that when she realizes she's gotten too close to actual intimacy. Intimacy without booze, that is. She might (and I'm just speculating now) actually have morals and it catches up with her at times. Maybe. I dunno.

-
    Girls are weird. You can never understand them until you are one of them.
    And usually, not even then. I have no clue about women.

-PH has invaded my dreams, which, in case you're wondering, makes for a LONG night. Someone get this stupid TV show outta my head!
    "Ashleigh": I just think it's sleazy. It's dirty.
    Matt: Welcome to television!
    -The Joe Schmo Show

Nerds Just Wanna Have Fun Boredom's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Yellow Apple
    Again, it's the mystique of editing. All the flirting scenes could have been on a Wednesday, something happened the next day, she didn't flirt, he did, she showed him picture of ex so he would get the picture, he didn't. Anything is possible in the land of editing. For all we know, they could do the ceremony to eliminate someone first and then do a week with them anyways. That's seriously unlikely, but possible.

C'mon Without Cmon Within QuinntheEskimo's Avatar
    * Charla is definately in dire need of professional help... maybe life in Paradise is over rated?

* Loved the opening credits with Tom and Smokey!!!

* Did anyone actually think the girls would pick Lauren- No Way in Hell!! Desiree is not attractive at all- and was the least threatening choice of the two...

* We are being duped by Fox... 5 minutes for opening credits and recap, 7 commercial breaks (at about 3 minutes per), 15 minutes of flashbacks, and 3 minutes for previews for the next show... that leaves about 15 minutes worth of new material!

*Fox needs a new Teaser writer... that whole thing with the love triangle between keith, charla and tara, was a joke- that "love" footage was all about shaving, waxing chest hair... jeez...

*** STOP WITH THE FLASHBACKS!!!

Quote Originally Posted by QuinntheEskimo
    * !!!

* Did anyone actually think the girls would pick Lauren- No Way in Hell!! Desiree is not attractive at all- and was the least threatening choice of the two...
    Okay, are you just tuning in? Every new member is a threat to the show. It doesn't matter what you look like, if you have fetishes or were just pulled out of the dumpster you were sleeping in by the producers a day ago, you pose a threat to the group!

+ Reply to Thread