+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: are they running out of money?

are they running out of money?

My missus pointed out last night that the show is looking cheaper by the week. they don't have the studio audience anymore so this could mean that they didn't book one in advance, as they are making up the show on the fly, or they can't afford one.

the show is really cheap as they recycle material so much. they even re-use footage that was just shown before the commercial. I've always thought that the stemware looked a bit tupperware and all they seem to drink is booze and pop drinks - do you ever see a salt rimmed marguerita avec fruit slice?

anyway, i think that they are running out of money.
    off to play with the geodesic garden gnomes

She'll be there when I'm gone... won't she?
    I don't know about that, but you could be right, I guess. I haven't really paid that much attention to the drinks and plates and stuff. I just think they don't really know where they're going with it, so they make things up on the fly.
    R.I.P Willie Dog (?/?/1989-12/17/2004). Gone but never forgotten.

Welcome Zelda (and a hot of other names)! (Born 08/08/2005, adopted 10/08/2005)

Also welcome Shasta! (Born ?/?/2004, Adopted 03/??/07)

Quote Originally Posted by Yellow Apple
    I don't know about that, but you could be right, I guess. I haven't really paid that much attention to the drinks and plates and stuff. I just think they don't really know where they're going with it, so they make things up on the fly.
    I agree. Remember 3 to 4 weeks into the show, they realized they had a hit so extended by 6 more weeks (I think). So my thought is they are making stuff up as they go along.

FORT Newbie
    They really need to shake things up!! Its getting boring with the same routine every week...add something for godsake..nudity..sex SOMETHING lol

FORT Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by rptx23
    They really need to shake things up!! Its getting boring with the same routine every week...add something for godsake..nudity..sex SOMETHING lol
    they added a stuffed monkey, and gave it a credit in the opening credits.....

and still you want more????!!!

Quote Originally Posted by m0ckeryj0nes

Hilarious!!

Quote Originally Posted by m0ckeryj0nes

BWAAAHAAAHAAA! Too funny m0ckeryj0nes!!

Who knows what the budget is? But in regards to the types of drinks people are drinking...maybe they like mixed drinks like rum and cokes and not stuff like margheritas and daiquiris. Also, the "flashback" footage is a Fox trademark. Sucks, I know, but it comes with the territory.
    I think Johnny Damon has the SWEETEST mullet in major league baseball!

I can't blame FOX for not wasting the good china on this lot.

Everything Must Go!!!!!!! hawkman's Avatar
    to me it just seems like fox probably assumed this show would fail. they are making it up as they go along and everything seems so haphazard. they probably spent so much money weeding out the possible contestants.. no wait thats not it.. it seems like they spent no money on finding contestants. i guess fox just wants to keep its money and hope that it's intended market (the easily-entertained) dont notice.

or maybe i'm completely wrong.. who knows?
    With fondness, I think about the hipsters beavering away in coolness. Because I'm looking upon a framed picture of where they live. It's one of my favourite pictures, and the change of season doesn't change the overall effect too much. The leaves are not on the trees, but the colour of the sandstone is pretty enough. It seems grey and quiet in the picture, but I know for a fact there are a thousand Saturday meals being made and a thousand Saturday plans being hatched to drink and be senseless.

She'll be there when I'm gone... won't she?
    Well, I read that the ratings started out really low and then steadily increased, so they ordered more episodes. Since they didn't expect it to stick around long, they probably didn't have an idea how to end it. So they're making it up as they go.
    R.I.P Willie Dog (?/?/1989-12/17/2004). Gone but never forgotten.

Welcome Zelda (and a hot of other names)! (Born 08/08/2005, adopted 10/08/2005)

Also welcome Shasta! (Born ?/?/2004, Adopted 03/??/07)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast