+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: 8/13 Post Show Discussion ***Spoilers***

Rock Star
    It is TOTAL punishment to have to room with Scarface for a week. Poor Dave...
    di

Quote Originally Posted by luna_chicago
    It is TOTAL punishment to have to room with Scarface for a week. Poor Dave...
    They can be the token homely couple of PH.
    Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

First off, I have to say it is soooo cool to see pages and pages of show discussion for PH. I remember the first few weeks when the discussion was few and far between, so it is great to get all of everyone's thoughts and opinions.

Like realitynut, luna, duxxy and many others have said...Dave is playing this game every minute he is there. He is constantly trying to make sure that everyone is happy with the way he is doing things and that no one is angry with him. He was great last night, he is really shining, imo, since Toni left. I gotta admit that I wished he picked Alex to boot instead of Beau, but I agree with his decision. He needed to have the "trust" of the majority of the players so he could, with the help of Keith and Charla, get rid of the remaining "originals".

Gotta admit that I was ticked off that Alex, Kristin and Amy got away with stealing. Don't worry, I am sure that they are on their way out. Karma is a b*@tch and we need those b*@tchs gone!!

Oh...and Tom and Smokey's introduction in the credits had to have been one of the funniest PH moments EVER! I agree with you funnygirl...he is great. Definitely worthy of and don't forget for Smokey!
    I think Johnny Damon has the SWEETEST mullet in major league baseball!

On Hiatus
    Couple of things...

-I would have paid what little money I have to have seen Amy on the deep sea fishing boat and then pulled over the edge and eaten by sharks. THAT would have been an excellent reality TV moment.

-I've said it before, I'll say it again, I think Dave played smart. He probably would have alienated some of those who've newly put their trust in him if he'd booted Alex, although it was CLEAR he wanted to. I think everyone is starting to realize Dave is worth keeping around because you can trust him to do what he says and to keep things under his hat. Unlike other guests.

-Agreed! The Tom and Smokey introduction was the funniest thing I've seen in AGES.

-I'm beginning to wonder about Tom. I mean, in the very end, he seemed genuinely concerned about Holly being upset. Maybe, once again, we're getting duped by the magic of editing. I mean, who among us hasn't done some stupid things within the course of a week, ESPECIALLY when booze is free? I mean, lord, I'd be committed for life if I'd been there when I was in MY early 20's.
    "Ashleigh": I just think it's sleazy. It's dirty.
    Matt: Welcome to television!
    -The Joe Schmo Show

FORTified with Vitamin D solacean's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by YCan'tAngieRead
    Couple of things...

-I would have paid what little money I have to have seen Amy on the deep sea fishing boat and then pulled over the edge and eaten by sharks. THAT would have been an excellent reality TV moment.
    Except that sharks do have their standards.

-I've said it before, I'll say it again, I think Dave played smart. He probably would have alienated some of those who've newly put their trust in him if he'd booted Alex, although it was CLEAR he wanted to. I think everyone is starting to realize Dave is worth keeping around because you can trust him to do what he says and to keep things under his hat. Unlike other guests.
    Indeed yes! I've been reading all of the comments from folks that think Dave should have booted off Alex, and thinking that maybe these folks have watched so much reality TV that they've forgotten that it's possible for a person to promise to do something and then ACTUALLY KEEP HIS/HER WORD!

I thought Dave did very well last night. He managed to keep his word, maintain or upgrade his "trustworthiness" quotient with just about everyone left at the hotel (even Amy, somehow), and simultaneously set up another of the Originals as a prime candidate for eviction next week (Amy). Pretty darned well played, if you ask me!

I'm beginning to wonder about Tom. I mean, in the very end, he seemed genuinely concerned about Holly being upset.

And the preview for next week's PH seemed to suggest that, just possibly, Tara is going to actually come to find Tom tolerable as a roommate. That would be quite a surprise after her "leftovers" comment during roommate selection.

Good post!

Well, I stubbornly vowed from the night Zack got voted off, that i would always support the originals. Last night however, made it way easy for me break my vow. For the first time ever, I liked Dave and Charla. I think Dave is by far the smartest there. I was appalled by Alex and Kristen, and im sure everyone knows why. I still have a strong dislike for Keith (he is two faced) and Tara (she just bugs me) but at this point I like them better then Alex and Kristen. Scott and Holly...well i dont even realize they are there.Tom is a hoot. Amy has gained even more respect from me, and my mom and sis (who up until last night were major Amy haters). Beau is a little annoying I admit, but im kinda sad to see him go. Anyway my point of this is to state that last nights episode and the replys of you guys are slowly but surely morphing me into an originals hater!

P.S.- as for next week i would have predicted a definite departure for Amy...but for once, last night, it seemed like some people actually somewhat "like" her (dave and tom),so my bets are on a well deserved farewell for Kristen!
    PARADISE HOTEL...the most addicting, pointless, unfair, nerve-racking, obessesive, and all-round BEST reality show ever!
    **Fan of the Originals**

Consequences ... ?

So, you've decided to play God and to do what you have to do, cheat and steal from the very people supporting your stay in Paradise. You are caught, you laugh it off to the people around you and on national tv because, remember, you are an ORIGINAL and therefore can do no wrong in Paradise. It was made just for you, and these new interlopers are bound by rules you are not.

What are the consequences of such actions???
    Absolutely nothing. One to two more weeks of Paradise.

Bet that'll teach ya.
    mom2

IN JAIL, WONDERING WHERE MY KLONDIKE BAR IS!?...
    Quote Originally Posted by realitynut
    While some may look at Dave's decisions as pathetic or trying to fit in, I see it as strategy. Maybe I am giving him more credit than he deserves, but I think he's analyzing his gameplan before putting it into action.

I said the same thing a few pages ago. I still believe it to be true. Dave even said it in a conversation with Keith. Dave said something to the effect of : Get rid of Alex , Kristin goes the following week,if you get rid of Beau , then Amy is gone.
    "YOU BREATH THE SAME AIR THE BILLIONAIRES DO" Russell Simmons

"We make a living from what we get, but we make a life from what we give." Winston Chruchill

I do think Dave has a pretty good handle on the game and while I do feel he allowed himself to be bought and did Alex's dirty work this week in getting rid of Beau, it was probably a move he had to make in order to stay at the hoel.

Hopefully the new girl will be keen to join up with the newbies and will be able to pick last as Keith and Tara did in order to boot Kristin.
    "That's Numberwang!"

You Ought To See Her Fly Paradigm's Avatar

Nice commentary

Was it just me or someone else noticed when Keith was walking down to make his pick they showed Tara's face that was all lit up and when Tom picked her she couldnt resist saying "Oh great I get the leftovers". I think the animosity b/w Charla and Tara about 'whosgonnagetkeith' might just be the first dent in the very powerful outsiders alliance. Think about it peeps!

+ Reply to Thread