+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Dave's advice: Wise or Foolish?

Idol Fan

Dave's advice: Wise or Foolish?

What do you think of Dave's advice to Tom, to choose Holly, since she's the newest girl? I thought it a big mistake and had been hoping he'd pick Kristin, to throw another wrench in the works. On the other hand, it may have had no positive effect for the "new" group, since I believe Kristin & Alex to be the most sinister of the plotters, who may have stuck together anyway. Yet, it looks like that's just what Holly is doing, sticking with Scott, simply because they're developing their attraction to each other and she's not even "playing" the "game". What do you think about this? Was Dave's advice, which Tom followed, a mistake or not?

Personally, I can't think of anyone I'd rather get rid of than Amy & Alex! Ever since Alex backstabbed Beau, over and over, and spoke of Amanda disrespectfully, all the while hitting on her, I've despised him. Tonight he sunk to a new low and I only hope he's outed to all the others. What do you think the consequences of Tom's choice will be, if any?

Though it is pure speculation, it seemed to me that Keith won tonight, thankfully, and may be giving it to Dave to have the chance to be the hatchet man and enjoy the power, and that they've agreed on the choice to make, together. So what possible effects do you see Tom making by his selection? Will he get to stay?

Bellenote

I'm with you Belle, I was hoping he'd pick Kristin too, just to rile her up really.
    It's pretty obvious she will stay loyal to the originals though.

I like the system whereby the new person rooms alone for the week, then has the final choice on selection night (as Keith and Tara did).
    The new person makes the decision who will go home.
    Last weeks change back, left Keith making the choice, which I didn't like.
    If Holly had gone last, I think she would still have picked Scott which would probably still have resulted in Toni being booted, as she would likely have picked Scott too, but that would have been Holly's doing instead of leaving the decision up to Keith again.

Holly is simply too "into" Scott at the moment and I feel as long as he is allowed to select her i.e. no rule about not rooming with people you've roomed with before, she would choose him over anyone.

I can understand Dave thinking she is the best of the females to try and get onto their side, but even if she weren't so smitten with Scott, I don't think Tom would be the guy to persuade her to allign with the "new" people.
    Last edited by fluff; 08-12-2003 at 06:58 AM.
    "That's Numberwang!"

Idol Fan
    Hi, Fluff. I agree with you, too and enjoyed your points. Holly would have stayed loyal to Scott, anyway. I agree, on some your thinking about the rules, too. I just wish they had one that when someone picked you as a roommate, you had to stay in that room overnight, that week. It was fun for the viewers when they snuck around, but I felt bad that they were allowed to get away with simply disregarding the selection - especially when they make such a big deal over room selection and it's an essential part of who stays and goes! For that reason alone, I wanted Holly to at least honor the selection, when she obviously went with Scott to his room, instead!

Also, I agree that Tom couldn't have won her over. However, I'm not at all sorry over last week, though I felt bad for Keith getting stuck with it again. I also like it that the new person has the power to change the status quo. I do think it's odd when they switch between having someone make the selection right off the bat vs. at the end of the choices. It does make a difference. Looks like with tonight's show, they're simply showing us the selection is going to keep being switched around - not entirely a bad thing, IMO.

Still, as I said, I just want to celebrate removing Alex and Amy next. Let's keep our fingers crossed. Amazing that they don't or can't kick someone off when they get like that - but I guess that shows I'm fairly new to the "Reality" world, or at least that I haven't gotten into watching too many of them! I still find it hard to believe I'm hanging on the edge of my seat waiting for the next one to see what happens. It's hilarious.

Bellenote

She'll be there when I'm gone... won't she?
    They should automatically disqualify Alex for being a cheater, but of course that won't happen.

Anyway, I thought Dave was probably just trying to deflect Tom away from choosing Charla or Tara (and thus putting Dave at risk of elimination). I don't think he really meant to break up Scott and Holly.

But I still think he should have chosen Kristin. That would have been hilarious.
    R.I.P Willie Dog (?/?/1989-12/17/2004). Gone but never forgotten.

Welcome Zelda (and a hot of other names)! (Born 08/08/2005, adopted 10/08/2005)

Also welcome Shasta! (Born ?/?/2004, Adopted 03/??/07)

Idol Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by Yellow Apple
    But I still think he should have chosen Kristin. That would have been hilarious.
    Can you imagine? Alex once again going off on them, about how he's an original and screaming that no one can separate them!?? And Kristin showing her evil plotting behind the scenes with him, while she goes off afterwards to come onto and threaten Tom?

But I don't think Dave was simply looking to keep him away from "his" girls. I think he was forgetting where Scott & Holly were at, and really felt Holly being the newest she'd get recruited to their side. Hah! Look at how he talked of being a good gambler, and wasn't. It was Keith that was great! Boy, I hope he stays through to the end!

Anyway, maybe we'll get lucky and see Alex booted off tomorrow night, if the Keith/Dave alliance has the most winnings!

BTW, Yellow Apple - I love the "location" you give!

Bellenote

I hope Alex gets booted just for being a cheater. How stupid can you be? There are freaking CAMERAS everywhere, and you really expected that it wouldn't get caught on tape? Idiot. They should boot him just for being a dumbass. I lost what little respect I had for Al last night. And as for Kristin... I never had any respect for her from Day One, and last night just proved that, when she was intentionally distracting and antagonizing Dave and Keith.

Dave... I don't pay attention to anything he says anymore. He's a league bowler and a good gambler, huh? Dave, you do know that people watch this show, right? So they can see just how "good" you are at everything? Lucky for Dave, he has Keith on his side, or he might have really been in trouble last night. If Alex and company were smart, they'd know not to be afraid of Beaker. Alex just panicked last night, plain and simple.

As I predicted, with no Toni, the Inner Circle is crumbling. Just wait until Amy and Beau find out that Alex cheated and didn't give them his "earnings". From the preview (which we all know is probably not true anyway), it appears that Amy isn't too happy with Alex when she finds out. Though maybe she's yelling at Keith again...

And... where else would an apple be "hanging"?

Rock Star
    I hope that we weren't decieved by the part of the previews that showed what looked to be Amy and Alex yelling at each other. Sweet. The orginals are going down.

YA, you're right about Beaker being lucky as hell that he has Keith to help him bowl and gamble. If Dave were on his own he'd be sunk.
    di

FORT Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by luna_chicago
    I hope that we weren't decieved by the part of the previews that showed what looked to be Amy and Alex yelling at each other. Sweet. The orginals are going down.

YA, you're right about Beaker being lucky as hell that he has Keith to help him bowl and gamble. If Dave were on his own he'd be sunk.
    I will be soooo upset if they don't bust Alex for cheating and take all his money away! I wonder how the other guests find out...if host Amanda calls some kind of meeting or if they just get caught by someone who spreads the news. Hopefully its the meeting scenario because that will most likely mean at least some kind of cheaters penalty.

Alex is an idiot. Did he really think that none of the cameras would catch him in the act of cheating? Plus I think Keith saw him too.

They should kick him off just for being a dumbass.

Probably what happens is what I had hoped would happen. They let Alex think he's gotten away with it, and then when it's time to cash in, they'll bust him in front of everyone and let the other IC members move in for the kill.

FORT Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Yellow Apple
    Alex is an idiot. Did he really think that none of the cameras would catch him in the act of cheating? Plus I think Keith saw him too.

They should kick him off just for being a dumbass.

Probably what happens is what I had hoped would happen. They let Alex think he's gotten away with it, and then when it's time to cash in, they'll bust him in front of everyone and let the other IC members move in for the kill.
    OOOOOOOOO I like that. Like a pack of wolfs circling. You know what would be dramatic...they announce Alex the winner and they go through the bedroom selection, letting Alex pick last. So of course, he walks up to oust Keith and then Amanda slowly smiles and says, unfortunately we've discovered some information we'd like to share....Sorry Alex. You cheated. Take a hike!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast