+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: All-Purpose Queries And Questions Thread

FORT Regular
    I think the producers like to say the word "random" because it sounds cool...but they really mean we'll-line-em-up-in-any-order-we-want-to-get-the-best-drama-and-maybe-cause-a-cat-fight....

I actually preferred it when the new person got to select last (they did this for Tara and Keith).
    That seemed more dramatic to me.

As most others have said, I think the order is random. By now it's become fairly obvious who each person will choose though.
    "That's Numberwang!"

I read somewhere that the order is determined in a short-straw sort of selection process. But I believe the producers decide - just as on the Bachelor or For Love or Money - they determine where people stand/sit and who goes first in order to create the most dramatic situation. For example at this week's elimination - it was too perfect that Charla went last. They didn't see any reason to have Holly go last because none of the girls had any resentment toward her.

Quote Originally Posted by QuinntheEskimo
    It stands to reason that the random choice really dictated who stayed (between Amy and Toni). I think they both would have opted for the moral high ground!
    I strongly disagree! There is no way that Amy would have done that for Toni... she walked over and hugged Toni before she walked across the patio and stood behind Beau. The moral high ground would have been for Amy to choose Keith as well and let the 'best' woman win. (best *gag*)
    Amy didnt shed a tear as Toni walked up those steps .. supposedly .. forever. As It has been said in other threads, Toni was ready to go home, she did take the moral high ground, there is no way that Amy would have done the same.

And this is coming from an anti-Toni person
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

She'll be there when I'm gone... won't she?
    Quote Originally Posted by Duxxy
    I strongly disagree! There is no way that Amy would have done that for Toni... she walked over and hugged Toni before she walked across the patio and stood behind Beau. The moral high ground would have been for Amy to choose Keith as well and let the 'best' woman win. (best *gag*)
    Amy didnt shed a tear as Toni walked up those steps .. supposedly .. forever. As It has been said in other threads, Toni was ready to go home, she did take the moral high ground, there is no way that Amy would have done the same.

And this is coming from an anti-Toni person
    You're absolutely correct, I think. Toni wasn't my favorite person either, but I do have to give her credit for bowing out gracefully and showing at least a small amount of class after she was officially gone (not like Zack, who refused to shake Keith's hand after he was tossed). And I also don't think Amy would have done the same for Toni (or anyone else). Amy's a selfish bitch who would turn on her fellow IC members if she thought it would work out to her advantage.

CandiKisses - Dave would probably be kinda ticked if Charla hooked up with Keith. Remember, he did say that Travolta Jr. was moving in on "his territory" when he chose Charla. Or maybe I'm wrong and Dave realizes that he's never going to hook up with Charla or anyone else (though probably not since he tried to hit on both Holly and Whitney when they were being interviewed).
    R.I.P Willie Dog (?/?/1989-12/17/2004). Gone but never forgotten.

Welcome Zelda (and a hot of other names)! (Born 08/08/2005, adopted 10/08/2005)

Also welcome Shasta! (Born ?/?/2004, Adopted 03/??/07)

FORT Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by realitynut
    I read somewhere that the order is determined in a short-straw sort of selection process. But I believe the producers decide - just as on the Bachelor or For Love or Money - they determine where people stand/sit and who goes first in order to create the most dramatic situation. For example at this week's elimination - it was too perfect that Charla went last. They didn't see any reason to have Holly go last because none of the girls had any resentment toward her.
    I think they let Holly chose first because they didn't want a female to have to face the backlash. Kieth couldn't really get into it with Amy because he's a guy and double standards and blah blah blah. But Holly is a girl, and I bet if Amy got up in her face like that she would either cry or shove her off. If a cat fight started on national tv, there are a whole lot of legal issues they would have to deal with.

Queries, Theories and Question of the Day

My theory on how Monday's show will pan out is as follows:

Secret guest is Jason (Amanda's boyfriend who lost her to the ho-tel).
    Elimination Round: Twist: cannot pick somebody you've roomed with this past week...

Jason picks first, he chooses Holly.

Scott wets his pants because he alienated everyone else thinking Holly and he would hold court until the end. He "settles" for Charla thinking he has previous ties with her.

Keith picks Tara. Finally, he gets his chance.

Beau picks Amy. He did tell the honorable Zach-azz that he would "take care of her"...Blech!

Alex picks Tara/exclaiming that it took him the entire week to get rid of the burning sensation left by Kirstin.

Dave picks Charla.

Charla has to choose between Dave and Scott, of course, she chooses Dave (they pinky swore and everything). Scott goes to Kirstin.
    Tara has to choose between Keith and Alex. She chooses Keith because I believe by this time the new alliance is in full force.

Since Alex has already roomed with Kirstin, he just has to walk. With a couple of handshakes, not too many tears and a hearty farewell, Alex leaves Paradise "Forever"!!!!

Question of the Day: Are Beau and Tara a "couple" by this point?

Interesting theory, FG. Only flaw I see so far is that Amy and Beau were together this week. So maybe Amy & Alex? Then possibly Beau would pick Tara, since she was with Dave this week. Or he may go to Kristin, thinking he is back in the Cool Kids crowd. I used to like Scott, but if it came down to Charla picking Dave over him and him having to go home because of it, I would be . Would serve him right...
    Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.
    - Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by oneTVslave
    Interesting theory, FG. Only flaw I see so far is that Amy and Beau were together this week. So maybe Amy & Alex? Then possibly Beau would pick Tara, since she was with Dave this week. Or he may go to Kristin, thinking he is back in the Cool Kids crowd. I used to like Scott, but if it came down to Charla picking Dave over him and him having to go home because of it, I would be . Would serve him right...
    I knew I was going to screw it up...you should see the charts, graphs and reports I was pouring over (felt like Dat Phan for a moment) trying to get this theory to work out. Actually, I started out thinking it would be Scott to go home, but I was okay when I found out it was Alex...he's annoying me lately too...

I have one question to the theory, everyone seems to think that Jason is the secret guest???Why??? I didn't think he made that much of an impression on anyone, he really did not even talk to anyone when he was there, A-man-da had her talons dug in him so deep, so he could not find out about her dirty deeds....

+ Reply to Thread