+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Now that Toni is gone, will the game change?

She'll be there when I'm gone... won't she?
    Charla's tears may have just been a ploy to make it look like she really didn't want to get rid of Toni, but she had to to stay in the game. I can't imagine that Charla would really be afraid that Keith would choose Toni over her after Toni berated him the night he kicked Zack out. Or maybe she was just overwhelmed at the pressure of being the leader of the Outsider Alliance, and therefore the main target (along with Keith) of Toni and her gang.

I didn't like Charla much at first either. I thought she was a stuck-up bitch. But after getting to know the others in the "hotel", I can understand why Charla said they're all "childish". Apparently they think they're still in high school. But now that there are a few others that aren't fooled by the adolescent antics of the Inner Circle, Charla could afford to be bolder and make her play to establish her own alliance to offset the IC.

Beau's a tough one to call. I thought he was cool at first, but ever since that Amanda/Alex episode, he's been going downhill. I thought he had FINALLY wisened up that he's not one of Toni's gang anymore, but then he threw his lot back in with them last night. He's too wishy-washy. Amy picked him because "Zack trusted Beau the most", yet Zack told Keith that he wanted Alex and Scott to stay. He didn't say anything about Beau. Someone needs to tell DJ Boy that he's fresh out of friends.

Charla played her hand perfectly. She took a risk in testing Tara's true loyalties, and Tara passed (this time. Will she next time?). Once that was done, it was an easy choice to eliminate Toni.

I think Amy and Kristin are powerless now without their Burly Protector. The balance of power has shifted... for now.
    R.I.P Willie Dog (?/?/1989-12/17/2004). Gone but never forgotten.

Welcome Zelda (and a hot of other names)! (Born 08/08/2005, adopted 10/08/2005)

Also welcome Shasta! (Born ?/?/2004, Adopted 03/??/07)

FORT Regular
    I think Charla probably freaked out. I mean, look how they treated Kieth after he kicked off Zack. Now Charla could be blamed for Toni's demise and possible face the same backlash. Plus she had to be scared to go stand next to Toni anyway. I would be! If it wasn't for the lame martyr speach Toni gave, I would have thought she would get into a knock down fight with whomever challenged her position next to Kieth. Scary chick man.

The power has shifted a lot in the past two weeks, but every one is on equal footing now. Obviously the newbies are in better shape. Beau could get sick of being used and shift his loyalty to Tara and her group. Scott is on the fence. I really though Scott was feeling Charla out to see if she would let him in the alliance and the producers edited the show to make it seem like Scott talked to Beau about getting rid of Charla before and not after he talked to her. Just a thought.

Scott and Beau could be swayed. Unless Kristin and Amy and Alex change their tune from bully to friendly...I think they are gonners.

Without Toni, I'm wondering if little spitfire Amy will chill the heck out.

Quote Originally Posted by CandiKisses
    I think Toni and Charla win the waterworks award.
    Yeah, but at least they're not faking it like icky-Amy is.

FORT Regular
    I totally aggre with you. Amy is a faker. And for someone who was so close to Toni, I was surprised she didn't cry about her leaving. She just kept that same sour face on, and rolled her eyes a little.

I thought it was really funny how Toni and Amy and Scott and Beau all seemed to turn on each other right before the elimination and then Toni plays martyr. If she was willing to give up her spot on the show for Amy, then why the big fight over who has to pick Scott. When she said "new plan" Amy picks Scott. She was trying to save her own rear. She knew Holly was going to pick Scott and since they didn't know HOlly would pick first, that meant whomever picked Scott would be going. So why would she try and switch position with Amy so that Amy would pick Scott and get the boot and not her????

Does that make sense? Anyway, Talk about a 180 in a matter of minutes...well maybe hours but not longer than a day!

That was the beauty of last night's scheming. The only person who knew that Holly was definitely picking Scott was Charla (well, and Holly of course). That's why she set up the Dave/Tara thing to throw off the others.

FORT Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by funnygirl422
    That was the beauty of last night's scheming. The only person who knew that Holly was definitely picking Scott was Charla (well, and Holly of course). That's why she set up the Dave/Tara thing to throw off the others.
    How did Charla know?? I never saw them talking. Do you think she figured it out after Scott approached her.

Scott is such a schemer man. He hasn't really been in it this far, but I was surprised. I had a feeling he was either
    1) trying to get into the new alliance
    or
    2)trying to get Charla to pick him so she'd get the boot

If it was the latter, I think that drops my opinion of him.

Quote Originally Posted by CandiKisses
    Hi! Newbie here...I've been reading your comments for awhile as well as those on the Paradiseonfox website...you guys seem much nicer...so here I am...

Anyway, I thought several interesting things have come into play. Both sides are now equal...originals and new kids (if you include Charla)...

So who is going to overthrow the other? It could go either way. It all depends on the new guy coming in, which side he takes. I think depending on what stance the new guy takes, we could see Scott and Beau leaning toward the new alliance as opposed to the old. If the new guy sides with the originals (which would be dumb since he is NOT an original) then I think Scott and Beau will stand by Amy, Kristin, and Alex.

It's up in the air isn't it?

I just wanted to mention an observation. The way Charla is playing the game is totally different than the way Toni and her clan have been playing it. I haven't really seen them sitting around targeting anyone (like the way Amanda, Beau, Dave, Charla were targeted once). They seem to be just forming an alliance to watch each other's backs. They simply want to form a group of four or more that they can count on to keep them on the show. I think that is why they looked shocked at Toni when she said they wanted her gone. In fact, she was the last person they wanted gone, but they never outright named who they wanted to be kicked off and then campaigned to get them kicked off through intimidation, manipulation, and slandering during Pandora's box...

Which brings me to Pandora's box...where has that thing been? I thought on the previews they showed a new Pandora's box where Toni calls out Charla and Tara and Dave?
    CandiKisses! I loved your post!! I agree with you about the possibly switch in power. It really depends on who the new person is next Monday. We all sat here speculating on which lady would be leaving and Tara has the best quote to sum it all up "She has the overall say." If the rules don't change, then the new guy will have the overall stay.

In regards to how the guests are playing the game...I think Charla came into the game wanting to not have to worry about anything and have a good time. But right away she was forced to play the game and not form a solid friendship that first week because everyone was paired off and she wasn't. She was the first "outsider" and ever since then, she has been trying to talk to each outsider about the situation they were in. She didn't do so good with Kavita or Matt. She did good in befriending Dave, then Tara and now Keith.

This show drew me in because of Toni and some of the other original guests who were annoying (Amanda, Zack). Now it is totally about survival in the game and power switches, which LG touched upon in a previous post about Survivor 4 Marquesas. PU just keeps getting better and better!!
    I think Johnny Damon has the SWEETEST mullet in major league baseball!

FORT Regular
    I totally agree with you about how Charla had to start playing the game right away. She's really one of the new people even though she's technically an original because she started as an outsider just like the rest of the new people.

I love how she has been able to come from the bottom as the outsider or unpopular one and totally position herself to take over the hotel! And she's doing it with class, instead of through a giant power trip.

You know, we never really got to see Holly interacting with any of the girls besides Toni. And Kristin pretty much disappeared out of this past episode. What was that about?

FORT Fogey

Now that Toni is gone, will the game change?

At first, the original couples seemed to have the power. Toni/Sheena ruled the roost. She was the biggest drama queen on the show, and I mean biggest. She never could get "her man" (Scott) but she never stopped trying.

Toni was loud, but insecure. She was fierce but could be reduced to sobs within seconds. She was the one we all loved to hate. One thing is true, she was a force to be reckoned with.

When she left, something left with her. The remainder of the old alliance seems wimpy by comparison.

Will the new alliance take over? How will things change?

FORT Newbie
    i think the game will def. change. people are going to get sick of amy thinking the show is all about her and zack. there are only a few people left that even know how to comprehend her mentality, kristin,herself and at this point probablly not even alex or one of the other two..no one still has had the balls to say who should be getting voted of in front of everyone. the threesome was pretty ballsy when in a private room (due mostly in part to toni-"see balls") but they aren't as stong now.

+ Reply to Thread