+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 22 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718192021 ... LastLast
Results 111 to 120 of 220

Thread: Tara

  1. #111
    FORT Fanatic k1w1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Age
    92
    Posts
    581
    Quote Originally Posted by ruben_of_205
    Remember Tara's comment about Alex after he got voted off.. She said he is a cheater and a liar and that's why she voted him off but yet she had no problem flirting with him ? What the hell ? :rolleyes
    you can't take that without a grain of salt.... i mean no human being can act "perfect" and nice ALL the time. Tara did what she did and that's FINE! She has the guts and "heart" to allow herself to be friends with Alex (genuine or not is not really the issue here).... to play with him strictly as friends..... etc etc. it's not her that's the problem... the problem is Alex who did exactly the same thing but in the end, being a hypocite that he is, condemns Tara for being a "liar" or "slut" and being personal about it...... Tara's comment about him being a liar and cheat is justified because it's really true, nobody can deny that even if Alex wanted to..... but I just don't think Tara's charge of being a liar and cheat has the same negative extent as Alex's..... she flirts with him, so what? Afterall they are "strangers" more than say "enemies".... so unless that's a code of rules as how to interact with "strangers", I don't think Tara did anything extordinary and certainly not anything wrong......

  2. #112
    So Far Away Yellow Apple's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    She'll be there when I'm gone... won't she?
    Posts
    2,427
    Well I'm not fond of Tara and I don't like Alex, so I can overlook their flirtation and Alex's elimination. The only thing left to say is:

    "Kristin who?"
    R.I.P Willie Dog (?/?/1989-12/17/2004). Gone but never forgotten.

    Welcome Zelda (and a hot of other names)! (Born 08/08/2005, adopted 10/08/2005)

    Also welcome Shasta! (Born ?/?/2004, Adopted 03/??/07)

  3. #113
    Yoffy lifts a finger... fluff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Posts
    43,485
    Quote Originally Posted by ruben_of_205
    Remember Tara's comment about Alex after he got voted off.. She said he is a cheater and a liar and that's why she voted him off but yet she had no problem flirting with him ? What the hell ? :rolleyes

    People flirt all the time.
    I don't see the big deal.
    As far as we know, Tara didn't make any promises to keep Alex around.

    Kristin stuck her tongue down Dave's throat during the kissing contest, she rubbed herself all over him when on the dance floor after she knew the King and Queen would decide who was going to leave, yet she had no interest in him and would have voted him out like a shot if she'd had the opportunity.

    This is a game. It was in her best interests to get rid of Alex.
    "That's Numberwang!"

  4. #114
    Fort Freak! funnygirl422's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Age
    48
    Posts
    2,591
    Quote Originally Posted by fluff
    People flirt all the time.
    I don't see the big deal.
    As far as we know, Tara didn't make any promises to keep Alex around.

    Kristin stuck her tongue down Dave's throat during the kissing contest, she rubbed herself all over him when on the dance floor after she knew the King and Queen would decide who was going to leave, yet she had no interest in him and would have voted him out like a shot if she'd had the opportunity.

    This is a game. It was in her best interests to get rid of Alex.
    You bring up an excellent point Fluff. I've said this about Tara/Keith differences. Everybody is applauding Keith but not Tara and the only difference is is that Tara is using her womanly wiles to distract the others. Keith would if he could, but he made his bed by choosing the "Barbie" alliance so it severely limits his flirtability (is this a word).

    It's good to see that the "double-standards" of the world still find themselves in mainstream entertainment.

  5. #115
    So Far Away Yellow Apple's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    She'll be there when I'm gone... won't she?
    Posts
    2,427
    "Hombres necios, que accusais una mujer sin razon."

    "Foolish men, who accuse a woman without reason."

    That's the first line of a poem in Spanish written by a Mexican poet (who also happened to be a woman) in the 1500's. The rest of the poem goes on to describe the double-standard you are all talking about. Basically, what the poet is saying is that women act flirty because men want them too, then when they do, they say "she's easy" and then condemn her for her actions. Hence the first line of the poem.

    I thought that might be appropriate here, since Tara has been comdemned (by both guys and girls) for her actions with Beau and Alex.

    And for all those Spanish-speakers out there, I know I left out the accent marks. This computer doesn't have a character map so I wasn't able to put them in.
    R.I.P Willie Dog (?/?/1989-12/17/2004). Gone but never forgotten.

    Welcome Zelda (and a hot of other names)! (Born 08/08/2005, adopted 10/08/2005)

    Also welcome Shasta! (Born ?/?/2004, Adopted 03/??/07)

  6. #116
    Fort Freak! funnygirl422's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Age
    48
    Posts
    2,591
    Quote Originally Posted by Yellow Apple
    "Hombres necios, que accusais una mujer sin razon."

    "Foolish men, who accuse a woman without reason."

    I thought that might be appropriate here, since Tara has been comdemned (by both guys and girls) for her actions with Beau and Alex.
    Thanks YA. It's been discussed to death over the years, but nobody really does anything about it. I admit I cringe when I see Tara behaving so "openly" with the guys at PH, however, I do admire her ability to do this and maintain such a fabulous sense of self. She's not doing anything wrong, she's playing the game. Oh yeah, she's also having something called "FUN" from time to time which, apparently, only the originals are entitled to (except Charla, of course).

  7. #117
    Hug me!
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Posts
    1,761
    This is not about "double-standards" between male and female.. This is more have to do the person itself.

    What pissed me off about both Charla and Tara are

    1) for Charla... the fact that she "dissed" other girls for flirting with the guys.. but yet she had no problem flirting herself.. what the hell ?

    2) for Tara... the fact that she "dissed" Alex for a being a cheater and a liar but yet she had no problem flirting with him at all.. okay... whatever.. :rolleyes
    "Charla is intelligent and beautiful and I just felt really stupid for picking ... for, you know... liking someone that wasn't available really.. certainly not to me." Quote from Dave (Paradise Hotel).

  8. #118
    FORT Regular
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    62
    Quote Originally Posted by ruben_of_205
    This is not about "double-standards" between male and female.. This is more have to do the person itself.

    What pissed me off about both Charla and Tara are

    1) for Charla... the fact that she "dissed" other girls for flirting with the guys.. but yet she had no problem flirting herself.. what the hell ?

    2) for Tara... the fact that she "dissed" Alex for a being a cheater and a liar but yet she had no problem flirting with him at all.. okay... whatever.. :rolleyes
    I definitely see your point.

    1) This is definitely true. She does diss on some of the girls for stuff that she does herself. But, she also is still nice to the people she is dissin on and does not try to call them out on their actions.

    2) Its quite simple. Tara definitely was attracted to Alex and liked him from a physical standpoint. But it was either vote off alex or keith. She was smart with her decision because she didnt let her attraction get in her way in trying to win the game.

  9. #119
    Fort Freak! funnygirl422's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Age
    48
    Posts
    2,591
    Quote Originally Posted by ruben_of_205
    This is not about "double-standards" between male and female.. This is more have to do the person itself.

    What pissed me off about both Charla and Tara are

    1) for Charla... the fact that she "dissed" other girls for flirting with the guys.. but yet she had no problem flirting herself.. what the hell ?

    2) for Tara... the fact that she "dissed" Alex for a being a cheater and a liar but yet she had no problem flirting with him at all.. okay... whatever.. :rolleyes
    Ruben you are approaching this all wrong. Let me try and simplify my thoughts for you (they tend to get stringy).
    1) Charla was not referring to "flirting" in general. She was referring to Kristin/Holly/Tara, etc. for acting like they were in between acts at a local strip joint. The flirting that Charla has done has mostly been behind closed doors. The flirting done on the outside did not involve her putting her tongue down some guys throat after somebody else had their turn with them.

    2) You cannot compare Alex and Kristins deceit at the casino to Tara's strategy at playing the game. They have all been guilty of dissing one of the other guests than flirting with/pretending to be their friend the next. Not to mention that editing is still playing a huge role in what we see. Who's to say that some of the flirting, etc. that has been viewed has not been shown out of sequence by the producers to manipulate an opinion about one of the guests.

  10. #120
    So Far Away Yellow Apple's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    She'll be there when I'm gone... won't she?
    Posts
    2,427
    Yup, gotta go with fg here. You can flirt without acting like a cheap two-bit whore (in other words, not like Tara/Holly/Desiree/Kristin/Alex). On the other hand, I can understand the need to "have fun", but to me "fun" doesn't necessarily include make-out sessions with multiple member of the opposite gender....

    oh, wait... maybe it does.

    But seriously, I can understand Charla not wanting to participate in the sex games, because I'm not sure I would either. Some people are just more flirty than others, and some see making out/having sex as a bigger deal than others. Whether that's right or wrong is not for me to say.
    R.I.P Willie Dog (?/?/1989-12/17/2004). Gone but never forgotten.

    Welcome Zelda (and a hot of other names)! (Born 08/08/2005, adopted 10/08/2005)

    Also welcome Shasta! (Born ?/?/2004, Adopted 03/??/07)

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.