+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: 7/16 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

poor poor amanda
    "You don't own a TV?!? What's all your furniture pointed at?" Joey Tribianni

It's not who you are underneath, but what you do that defines you.

FORT Fogey
    I can't stand that Toni girl well, actually they all act like a bunch of I don't know, but they are all making fools of themselves. Where do they get these people. They all remind me of the kind of people on those really, really pathetic, bad dating shows where they are all full of themselves and act so stupid. Everyone of these people are very full of themselves and I can't imagine how anyone stands any of them in real life.

I sort of wish the show had started out with maybe a few more mature people on there. This is a bunch of selfish, immature, springbreak girls gone wild, blinddate, shipmates, fifth wheel, elimidates, kids with no sense of others or even of their own worth. Geeze!

Does anyone know when the re-cap will be posted?I missed itbecause BB4 was on....why oh why are thy both on on the same night?!
    Depression is merely anger without enthusiasm.

Probably tomorrow.

You ned to move to Canada, Global is showing PH then BB4.
    I don't mind getting my BB and hour later.
    "That's Numberwang!"

Ph.D. Pending
    Ahh quite an episode tonight.

There must be no psyc screening for this show because there is no way Toni would get on. Had to love how Scott was questioning her about what she heard from Dave and her incredibly vague answers:
    S: So when did you hear him say this?
    T: One day when he was talking
    S: So who was he talking to?
    T: Some people
    S:So what did he say?
    T: That he was the smartest or something

And just when I think we will get through an entire show without Zack saying anything really stupid - he gets offended by Dave thinking he is smarter than Zack - I swear I nearly fell on the floor at this, which by the way I'm pretty sure the dust bunnies under my couch are smarter than Zack. But I hope I never have to debate that with him as he does have lawyer in him after all.

She'll be there when I'm gone... won't she?
    Well everyone else has pretty much mentioned what I was going to say, so I'll just say this: I thought Dave was implying that he himself was smarter than everyone else. Which he may very well be, but he never should have said it or even implied it.

Anyway, I did have to laugh when Zack was offended by what Dave said. Zack always has that classic vacant look on his face whenever he's not flexing.
    R.I.P Willie Dog (?/?/1989-12/17/2004). Gone but never forgotten.

Welcome Zelda (and a hot of other names)! (Born 08/08/2005, adopted 10/08/2005)

Also welcome Shasta! (Born ?/?/2004, Adopted 03/??/07)

I'd like to know how Dave saying he's "smarter than everyone else" is any different than Zack saying he's "better looking than everyone else"
    Scott was the only one who wanted to get the details of what exactly happened instead of just blindly going along with whatever Toni says. The rest of the lemmings were just ready to pounce.
    I really hope Toni goes home. She's a trouble maker & definitely the ringleader of the group.
    Oh, and Beau telling Toni she's beautiful had me .
    Geez, he must've had his beer goggles on. Uh, Beau, she's more manly than any of the guys there!
    I feel sorry for Dave. Yeah, he's a geek & yeah, he's annoying, but I still feel bad for him. For once in his life, he has the chance to hang out with the "cool kids" :rolleyes & they take full advantage of his eagerness to try & fit in with them. BTW, I don't think they are the "cool kids" but Dave thinks they are, & they definitely think they are!
    Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

She'll be there when I'm gone... won't she?
    Quote Originally Posted by holly71
    I'd like to know how Dave saying he's "smarter than everyone else" is any different than Zack saying he's "better looking than everyone else"
    Scott was the only one who wanted to get the details of what exactly happened instead of just blindly going along with whatever Toni says. The rest of the lemmings were just ready to pounce.
    I really hope Toni goes home. She's a trouble maker & definitely the ringleader of the group.
    Oh, and Beau telling Toni she's beautiful had me .
    Geez, he must've had his beer goggles on. Uh, Beau, she's more manly than any of the guys there!
    I feel sorry for Dave. Yeah, he's a geek & yeah, he's annoying, but I still feel bad for him. For once in his life, he has the chance to hang out with the "cool kids" :rolleyes & they take full advantage of his eagerness to try & fit in with them. BTW, I don't think they are the "cool kids" but Dave thinks they are, & they definitely think they are!
    The high school analogy always comes up when talking about this show, and the more I see it, the more it fits. Just as you said, Dave and the group is the classic case of the dorky kid trying to hang out with the popular kids. He was totally set up with the bet. The other guys knew he wouldn't back down from it and took advantage of it. But I also think Dave brings a lot of it on himself. I really can't say I feel sorry for the guy. If he was nicer, then I would probably be more sympathetic. But just when I'm starting to think maybe he's not all that bad, he reverts back to being the obnoxious dork that he was the first night he was on.

I'll have to agree with you about Scott. He's definately the coolest guy (and maybe the coolest person) on the show. He doesn't really care about all the high school drama and apparently isn't just looking for a hook-up either. Charla's tried to get with him twice and he's turned her down both times.
    R.I.P Willie Dog (?/?/1989-12/17/2004). Gone but never forgotten.

Welcome Zelda (and a hot of other names)! (Born 08/08/2005, adopted 10/08/2005)

Also welcome Shasta! (Born ?/?/2004, Adopted 03/??/07)

Ph.D. Pending
    Quote Originally Posted by holly71
    I think this is a very good point Holly. I'm no fan of Dave, or Zack, or insert any hotel guest's name here - except maybe Scott (I was very impressed that he questioned Toni's accusations and asked for more information rather than just jumping all over Dave like the resident lawyer Zack).

I did not find myself reacting as negatively to Dave's comments as Zack's though they are similar - basically saying I'm the best at _____ here. Maybe it was because Dave did not seem to be doing it as publicly or as frequently as Zack, maybe because Dave is so out of his league physically in this group that I don't fault him trying to find something to cling to that makes him unique in a positive manner, or maybe because he wasn't flying off the handle when he did it, or maybe because it did not seem to be related to any incident where he felt he wasn't getting credit for his intellect. Zack's outbursts come after he perceives he has been snubbed and reacts with utter contempt that the girls find someone else attractive or that he is not the center of their world. Which I guess is why I find his actions more offensive than Dave.

Quote Originally Posted by fluff
    Probably tomorrow.

You ned to move to Canada, Global is showing PH then BB4.
    I don't mind getting my BB and hour later.
    easier said than done Fluff
    Depression is merely anger without enthusiasm.

+ Reply to Thread