+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Episode 4, 06/30: Everyone's Anal About Their Butts

Episode 4, 06/30: Everyone's Anal About Their Butts

Good afternoon, everyone! Just like on Paradise Hotel, I’ve been selected to write this week’s recap. If I fail to “hook up” with the readers, I’ll be eliminated. So, sit back, grab some Cuervo and a handful of Xanax, and join me as…

Dramatic Voiceover man tells us this is the most exclusive resort in the world. Considering it’s not really a resort, but an old movie set, I’d be inclined to agree with him. I hope they plan to torch the place when they’re done, to keep any nasty virii from escaping.

While they’re showing the previews, I’ll take a moment to admit I haven’t watched the show so far. So, during these “previously on…” clips, I can’t help but notice that Dave must have to use those American Gladiator poles instead of Q-Tips to clean his ears. I have never seen a less attractive contestant on a reality show, barring of course Corey Feldman.

Amanda Byram, the poor-man’s Celine Dion impersonator, introduces our couples: Amy & Zack, Kristin & Alex, Toni & Andon, Charla & Scott, Amanda & Dave, and Beau is the outsider.

Poolside. Night. Eerie music. Nekkid massages. Cue Freddie Kreuger. Oh wait, wrong crapfest. In this one, everyone realizes that all the power’s in Charla’s hands, and everyone seems worried. Dave seems to be a little sloshed at the bar, slurring his fears to the Bartender about having to leave so soon. But like those trapped in Freddie’s nightmare, I can’t force myself to wake up.

Charla doesn’t want to sleep in the same bed with Dave, because he has weird feet. And what if their feet touched in the middle of the night? Eeeew. I’m not sure exactly what would happen, but I’m sure the penicillin you’ll be taking after this show will cure it anyway. No worries, girlfriend.

The guys all get notes that one of them will be leaving, and to pack up. They need to hire the Survivor treemail writer to spice these things up. Andon, talking to Toni, claims that this is one of the toughest mental tests he’s ever been though. Andon, buddy, all you’re doing is relaxing at a hotel and hooking up for survival. That should fit your mental ability just perfectly. But, Toni cries. Pay attention, dear reader – this becomes a common theme, and you saw it here first.

Beau wants to pick Amanda again, but isn’t sure she’d be able to handle that they’re just friends. To impress this point on us, they show Beau telling Amanda several times that they’re friends, to which Amanda says “if you say we’re friends one more time, I’m gonna smack you.” Beau looks taken aback, and stammers something like “but we’re frieeeeends!"

That night, gathered around Amanda is the cast, and that pool (I’m beginning to get the hint – either everything happens around the pool, or this resort is a LOT smaller than it appears, or their budget for the show is so small, they can only afford one camera, and it’s by the pool). The guys get to pick their roommates. The unattached dude leaves PH forever! Ooh, we get the surprise. You cannot pick the woman you’re currently rooming with. Shameless effort to increase the “hookup factor”.

Beau picks Amy, apparently to spite Amanda. Zack chooses Toni. Toni cries. Dave selects Charla, who does a full-body heave and recovers nicely. Scott takes Toni. Toni cries. Alex picks Toni, in what appears to be the stupidest move among the idiots on this show. Toni cries. Andon chooses Amy. What morons these guys are! They left two women un-chosen, and risked elimination.

Dave is immediately safe, having been the only smart one playing. Amy has to choose between Andon and Beau. She chooses Beau, who probably just needs a friend right about now.

Now Scott, Zack, and Alex are the choices for a crying Toni. Toni, through her tears, chooses Alex. Zack now has to choose either Amanda or Kristin. He chooses Amanda. Scott’s turn, and he picks Kristin, leaving Andon to choose, and double up on Amanda.

Amanda now gets to choose her guy, and kick either Andon or Zack to the curb, and out of the game. She picks Zack, and Andon goes bye-bye. Toni cries. Before we cut to commercial, we learn that Charla’s middle name is “Pinkie-swear”. I thought Charla was a unique name, but her parents really need to step away from the bong.

Now it’s time to pick the next guest. As Amanda interviews the guests about their choices the prior night, Toni cries.

The candidates: 24-year old massage therapist from Las Vegas, Desiree Boyd AND 23-year-old spokesmodel from Fort Lauderdale, Kavita Channe. Kavita impresses me by complaining about her butt, and then says “everyone’s anal about their butts.”

I really would have covered the questions the guests asked the contestants, but I was busy alternating between the dry heaves and laughing hysterically. Could they have asked any stupider questions. The only highlight was Beau saying “expecially”. And, Kavita is chosen, primarily because she tells the boys that she wants to be the hot fudge sundae that helps cool those hot boys down in paradise.

As Kavita and Amanda hop a limo to, presumably, the airport, I take the last swig of Cuervo and bid y’all adieu. Now, if anyone can tell me how to tell TiVo that if it records anything else based my having taped that show, I’ll toss it out the window, please PM me, or e-mail me at admin@fansofrealitytv.com

It ain't easy being green Wayner's Avatar
    [quote]I thought Charla was a unique name, but her parents really need to step away from the bong.[/quote}

John, that one got me!

Reading this, I can't help but think that all these "contestants" are just interchangeable pawns that we care nothing about. How on Earth can this show make it?!!! Oh wait - it attracts the shameless meat-market voyuer in all of us. Well, most of us. I haven't watched it yet.

Re: Episode 4, 06/30: Everyone's Anal About Their Butts

Oh, John. Well done, sir. Ouch, my sides hurt from laughing...is this show a sign that the world is coming to an end, or what? Could it *be* any trashier? Hmm, I guess if Anna Nicole Smith joined the show next week. Or Pam Anderson...excuse me...

Anyway, some of my favorite moments of your recap, John:

Originally posted by John
    Charla doesn’t want to sleep in the same bed with Dave, because he has weird feet. And what if their feet touched in the middle of the night? Eeeew. I’m not sure exactly what would happen, but I’m sure the penicillin you’ll be taking after this show will cure it anyway. No worries, girlfriend.

Before we cut to commercial, we learn that Charla’s middle name is “Pinkie-swear”. I thought Charla was a unique name, but her parents really need to step away from the bong.

Now, if anyone can tell me how to tell TiVo that if it records anything else based my having taped that show, I’ll toss it out the window, please PM me, or e-mail me at admin@fansofrealitytv.com
    I don't have TiVo. Is it "intuitive"? If so, who knows what kind of crapola you will get...
    Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.
    - Albert Einstein

Yep, TiVo learns to record things it thinks you'll like, based on how you rate shows, and what you tape and watch. For some reason, when we first got it, it decided we liked children's cartoons (note: no kids in this house).

COMBAT MISSIONS junkie! BravoFan's Avatar
    John!

Considering it’s not really a resort, but an old movie set, I’d be inclined to agree with him. I hope they plan to torch the place when they’re done, to keep any nasty virii from escaping.

Eeeew. I’m not sure exactly what would happen, but I’m sure the penicillin you’ll be taking after this show will cure it anyway. No worries, girlfriend.

(I’m beginning to get the hint – either everything happens around the pool, or this resort is a LOT smaller than it appears, or their budget for the show is so small, they can only afford one camera, and it’s by the pool).
    I'd just give it a good double-triple thumbs down and you should be safe.

Now, if anyone can tell me how to tell TiVo that if it records anything else based my having taped that show, I’ll toss it out the window
    "They can only edit what you give them. They cannot manufacture a fictional character out of thin air." (Bill Rancic - 4/04)
    Regarding editing reality TV: "You can't edit IN a bad personality." ("Cali"-11/02)
    BB8 - A "conveyor belt of human garbage." ("Pono" - 9/07)

I can’t help but notice that Dave must have to use those American Gladiator poles instead of Q-Tips to clean his ears. I have never seen a less attractive contestant on a reality show, barring of course Corey Feldman.

But, Toni cries. Pay attention, dear reader – this becomes a common theme, and you saw it here first.

Before we cut to commercial, we learn that Charla’s middle name is “Pinkie-swear”. I thought Charla was a unique name, but her parents really need to step away from the bong.
    Great job John
    "That's Numberwang!"

Kavita is chosen, primarily because she tells the boys that she wants to be the hot fudge sundae that helps cool those hot boys down in paradise.

Whoaaaaaaaaaaaaa there Kemosabe!! ,

Kavita didnt say that, Desiree did... she did it to emphasize her being African American and to tease all the guys.....except the monstrocity that is Manboobs Spokesmodel of the Year, Dave *ick*

Re: Episode 4, 06/30: Everyone's Anal About Their Butts

Originally posted by John

I thought Charla was a unique name, but her parents really need to step away from the bong.
    People luuuuvvv a good bong joke. Good stuff.

I missed this episode, and yet, with this touching recap, I feel like I was "there".

John, were you playing Paradise Hotel drinking games?

And did you ever see the "King of Queens" episode where Spence's TiVo thinks he's gay?
    "If you're like me, you have a 'been there, done that' attitude when it comes to paleolithic paleontology." - Jon Stewart

"I swear, you are the ho-ho ho." - OTS

Dang, sepia, you're right. I blame it on the Cuervo.

And Shazzer, I've seen the episode. And as a recent TiVo owner, I'm a little afraid of how TiVo will classify me.

John, I have to say, with out hesitation, that reading the recap had to be both a million times better and a million times funnier than the actual show!

"Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast