+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Paradise Hotel, Episode 3 Recap: Pandora, Please Shut Dave Up

Great recap duckgirl! One question...
    Originally posted by duckgirl
    Foreshadowing crashes through my ceiling.
    Did you get hurt?
    I think Johnny Damon has the SWEETEST mullet in major league baseball!

COMBAT MISSIONS junkie! BravoFan's Avatar
    OMG Duck! That was one of the funniest things I've ever read. I swear, if the show was as good as your recap I would watch it!!!

I started out picking sentences that made me lol, and realized it was almost every freaking line I read. So I stopped after the first few paragraphs otherwise I would have just quoted your whole darn article. You are a very funny gal!

Yup, that should do it. Alex, your Mensa application is in the mail!

She says that the current hotelers have been through a lot together. What? A lot together? Like what? Did the hot tub go out? Cold coffee? The horror of tan lines? This isnít the Donner Party people, get a grip!

Dave arrives, and he isÖ not attractiveÖ He used to be the Crunch & Munch guy at the Fleet Center in Boston.

Daveís eyes light up. No Dave, this isnít what you think it is, and even if it were, I am betting you would not be invited. So settle down big guy, settle down.

Foreshadowing crashes through my ceiling.
    "They can only edit what you give them. They cannot manufacture a fictional character out of thin air." (Bill Rancic - 4/04)
    Regarding editing reality TV: "You can't edit IN a bad personality." ("Cali"-11/02)
    BB8 - A "conveyor belt of human garbage." ("Pono" - 9/07)

What is reality anyway? Hillary's Avatar
    Jack is it?

How are they victims? OK, they're at the mercy of the producers once they sign on the dotted line! They can be edited in any way they like, the rules can change anytime the producers see fit, and they aren't allowed to leave at all. Yes, they signed up and they had the chance to read the fine print, but I doubt that they did, dazzled as they probably were at the chance to be on TEE WEE!

They're being used, as young people who don't know anything about Hollywood or films. I felt that way about the people in Survivor, too! But throwing them in rooms together and monitoring all their moves, possibly giving ques, and editing to suit the ratings, well, they're kind of treated like meat!

Some, in other articles have gone so far as to say "prostitutes" and the producers are the "pimps!"

I pointed out the negatives in the set up, and I do, even though you disagree, feel that their lack of entertainment and a group goal (like in Survivor) produces more boredom than anything else, and boredom is as nasty as can be. People feel much more alive and content when they have work to do or some creativity. For example, ask a retiree how they feel when they have nothing to do and no hobbies? It's a proven fact that lack of creativity, no work, no entertainment, can make Jack a duller than mud boy and a depressed one!

I'm not saying this hotel set-up would cause depression, I'm just saying they're being used in a boring environment and those who stay on the longest will be the ones who can tolerate boredom the most!

Toni may have been the only one who "knew the ropes", but I would surmise all the rest were naive going into this.

That's my take on it, hope it makes you laugh again!

Originally posted by melpepinla
    Great recap duckgirl! One question...

Did you get hurt?
    Nothing more serious than a few bruises from the two by fours that hit me in the head.

Hilary, I enjoyed the insights.

Atop the highhhhhest weathervane in Spain!
    AH HAAAAAAAA HAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

Recap made me LMAO.

Please, oh, please....let Andon throw down Dave. What a sight that would be! YAY! I am excited at the prospect of watching Andon twist Dave's manboobs and toss him face down in the sand!!!!!
    ~*~ Maji *~

FORT Fogey
    awesome recap duck! I am guessing after gulping your Diet Coke forshadow left the building to stalk next weeks re-capper John!
    Guess we should roll out the welcome mat huh?

Originally posted by Hillary
    People feel much more alive and content when they have work to do or some creativity. For example, ask a retiree how they feel when they have nothing to do and no hobbies? It's a proven fact that lack of creativity, no work, no entertainment, can make Jack a duller than mud boy and a depressed one!
    I also wonder if they're boring because they have nothing interesting to say.
    This group reminds me of my college dorm, which for some reason was full of marketing and accounting majors (no offense to either profession).
    Me: "Did any of you ever see Gus Van Sant's first movie, 'Mala Noche'?"
    Them: Silence. Then, "Dude, you gotta tip that keg a little. No, toward you. Duuuuude!"
    Clearly, the producers are going for T&A over brains, but imagine how much more interesting the show would be if they cast people with both.
    "If there are no dogs in heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." ó Will Rogers

Ph.D. Pending
    Great Recap Duckgirl! It was amazing. By the way, I hope you are recovering from the visit with foreshadowing
    (and sorry that your best Duck has flown the coup to Colorado)

Candor, I tend to agree with you on these people and their interests. If what we've seen on the show is their best thoughts these people should not be allowed back into civilization. Hey maybe that is the final twist of the show - that they are never allowed to leave and the world becomes a safer and smarter place.

This show could also have been called "Dude, where's my shame".

She'll be there when I'm gone... won't she?
    This show could also have been called "Dude, where's my shame".
    Starring: Amy, mostly.

Co-starring: Zack, with numerous special appearances by Zack's ego.
    R.I.P Willie Dog (?/?/1989-12/17/2004). Gone but never forgotten.

Welcome Zelda (and a hot of other names)! (Born 08/08/2005, adopted 10/08/2005)

Also welcome Shasta! (Born ?/?/2004, Adopted 03/??/07)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast