+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Paradise Hotel, Episode 3 Recap: Pandora, Please Shut Dave Up

Great job Ducky!! Thanks so much! I now feel like I watched the episode without commericals or Dave's blinding whiteness! LOL Thank you for your sacrifice!!

Hillary? you seem to take this pretty seriously, sit back and enjoy the hamsters on the wheel
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

Thanks guys. Foreshadowing is a really rude houseguest.

What is reality anyway? Hillary's Avatar
    "Hillary? you seem to take this pretty seriously, sit back and enjoy the hamsters on the wheel "

Ok! Ok! Ok!

What's wrong with some thought, anyway?

I loved her style! Just had to find some good in the wheel!

LG.
    OMG, hilarious stuff, Ducky!

Previously on Paradise Hotel: JR wrote a recap.

Dave arrives, and he is… not attractive… He used to be the Crunch & Munch guy at the Fleet Center in Boston. He would run up and down the aisles and say dumb stuff like, “It’s nutritious and delicious!” Everyone hated him, so he should feel right at home here.

The guys and Dave are in the pool. I can’t recap anymore of this scene, sorry, the incredible blinding whiteness that is Dave has scarred my retinas.

Dave talks with his mouth full, causing me to barf yet again. It’s the Paradise Hotel weight loss plan.

Foreshadowing is mocking me and drinking all of my diet coke.

Dave says he’s never been on a date with two beautiful women. He’s probably never been on a date with ONE beautiful woman.
    Super job!
    Help fight cystic fibrosis or just learn more about it at the cystic fibrosis foundation website, www.cff.org and help give my little guy a better future.

Very funny recap, Ducky! I hope Foreshadowing doesn't pay a visit to my house, the pig.

Couple of lines that I thought were very funny:

I mean they have been there for a week now, those are bonds that should never be broken.
    -----
    They all sit around, looking concerned, as Dave gives a little speech and then picks… PARADISE HOTEL!!
    Great first recap! I really hope you do more.
    When you're ten years old and a car drives by and splashes a puddle of water all over you, it's hard to decide if you should go to school like that or try to go home and change and probably be late. So while he was trying to decide, I drove by and splashed him again. - Jack Handey

Read Paulie's Precaps for Survivor:Vanuatu: 1-2-3-4-5

BTW, remind me never to go swimming with you. I'm a retina-sizzling fire just waiting to happen.
    When you're ten years old and a car drives by and splashes a puddle of water all over you, it's hard to decide if you should go to school like that or try to go home and change and probably be late. So while he was trying to decide, I drove by and splashed him again. - Jack Handey

Read Paulie's Precaps for Survivor:Vanuatu: 1-2-3-4-5

Honorale mention Duck Girl for your recap.

I have to laugh even after seeing the show. Where in the h--- did they find Dave.

Yup, that should do it. Alex, your Mensa application is in the mail!

Very nice job Ducky. Thought I'd pee my pants reading your recap!

Originally posted by Hillary
    Now lets just for a second, pretend you're a normal young person who's never been on TV (except Toni), never experienced a luxury hotel without even considering the bill, and that more importantly, you're being watched, filmed, and directed through your whole group and couple experience.
    Well, I would imagine that most of us would fall into that category. I've been on a game show, but that's a different story. I certainly haven't "experienced a luxury hotel without even considering the bill", etc., etc.

What I find revealing is that any of these girls (or guys) would actually take seriously and become involved in their hearts with any of the guests, knowing this is all for the entertainment of others at their personal expense! You'd think they'd resign themselves to acting rather than allowing their hearts to rule. But yet, these are mostly girls with romantic leanings, and guys who, well, are just guys going with the flow open to whatever -- such is youth!
    What I find revealing is that you seem to be taking this show so seriously...Sorry, but...

And do you think the guests get paid what they truly deserve? No way! I have inside information that they do get paid, but at a rate far below a fair percentage of the profits just off their commercial spots alone. This hotel is similar to a cruise situation, but no docking, no change of scenery, no interaction with the locals or the cultures, sights, and no communication with anyone outside this construct and far fewer individuals with whom to interact. I might also add, there's no live entertainment, either, no nightclub or dance place -- that would have been fun.
    And of course they are offered a steady stream of alcohol all day. If they go into this beaker without an alcohol addiction, they just might exit with one -- the only way to escape for a minute. So they're all taken advantage of and perhaps the realization of this creates a sense of bondedness in itself.

Aw, poor babies. Surely you're not saying we're supposed to feel sorry for them, are you? Oh yeah, poor things. They're voluntarily on a television show where they're being paid to stay at a luxury hotel. And no live entertainment? What a let down! No nightclub? What a shock! No "dance place"? Oh, the horror of it all! How will they survive? They don't have to do anything all day but sit around in their bikinis/swimsuits, drink alcohol, and work on their tans. Meanwhile, I have to get up every morning at the crack of dawn, drive thirty minutes to my office (in work clothes, mind you...not in a swimsuit), sit in front of a computer and crunch numbers for 8-10 hours a day, head home, and do it all over again the next day. So, please forgive me if I don't feel bad for these guys because they have it soooooo tough. I don't have any live entertainment. I don't have access to any nightclub or "dance place" while I'm at work. Yet, somehow I survive just fine, thankyouverymuch. Of course, maybe if they continuously served me alcohol and I got to work on my tan during the day, things might be different. Taken advantage of? Taken advantage of, my a**. These people willingly signed up to be on this show, so please tell me how they are being taken advantage of.

They're victims and they're privileged
    Victims? These guys are victims? Victims of what? The only thing that I can think these guys might be victims of is a temporary case of insanity and lack of judgement when they signed up to be on this show in the first place. They signed up for this on their own. Nobody held a gun to their head.

Oh, and great recap, Ducky!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast