+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 63 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181959 ... LastLast

Thread: Dave

Quote Originally Posted by Tall Girl
    Dave is so obviously a nice guy on the wrong kind of show. If being more real and having a blunt honesty in his communications get him kicked off the show, then the girls are nuts. If I were Charla, I would have hung onto this roomate a little longer.And as for not being able to hold his alchohol...maybe thats a sign that this guy is not your typical party-all-the-time-drinks-too-much-womanizing-jerk like some of the other guys we all know. I think that the crew are underestimating Dave...it takes a strong person to take control of their weight and I hope that Dave knows that some of us just think he's great.
    I am going to go out on a limb here and agree with you. I think that just because Dave is not as attractive as the rest of the boys on the show he is getting a bad wrap. I don't find Dave attractive either but it is nice to finally see just an average everyday joe on one of these shows.
    A cat changes coming home to an empty house to coming home

FORT Fan
    Lets face it, the show wouldn't be as good if he wasn't on the show. He was hilarious tonight. Heck, tonights whole episode practically revovled around him. Toni needs to go next after the tantrum she threw. And Zack is the biggest cry baby I have ever seen. Now dave has to apologize to that moron? Give me a brake.

FORT Newbie
    I agree that he gets a bad rap on the show. He definately is not the most attractive of the lot, but I think that he is the most refined one of them, he has manners and seems somewhat sincere. I don't think he would have stood out so much if they others all did not act like they were 13 years old. He did not deserve the wrath of Toni last night. I wish his next question to her would be who named her queen of the island.

I'm glad Dave is on the show because he is at least trying to play the game.

Too many others are wrapped up in friendships and relationships to focus on the fact this is a game they're playing.

Toni was ridiculous in how she went off on him last night.
    What she was saying didn't even make sense.
    That's Toni though.
    Last edited by fluff; 07-17-2003 at 09:05 AM.
    "That's Numberwang!"

She'll be there when I'm gone... won't she?
    I guess I'm the lone dissident here. Just when I was starting to think Dave's not such a bad guy, he goes and acts like an ass again. First of all, he was stupid for taking the bet to kiss the new girl. But I can understand why he did that. After all, he hasn't really gotten any action since he got to PH, so he's obviously desperate for something, anything, from any of the girls. Still, he should have realized he was being set up by the rest of the guys to take a major fall.

Then there was the whole Pandora's Box incident. I actually thought Toni and Zack were right (and I never thought I would agree with Zack on anything). While Dave was technically telling the truth when he said he never said he was smarter than everyone, he did imply it when he was talking to Charla at the beginning of the show. He told her who he thought the "second smartest guy" was, implying that Dave himself was the smartest. At least that's what I thought about it. But still, even if you really DO think you're smarter than everyone, you never say that. But then, Dave never has been all that socially adept.

Now what I thought was interesting was that Charla (to whom Dave was actually talking when he made the comment about being smart) never said a word throughout the entire exchange. She was the only one that really knew what was said, and she remained silent.
    R.I.P Willie Dog (?/?/1989-12/17/2004). Gone but never forgotten.

Welcome Zelda (and a hot of other names)! (Born 08/08/2005, adopted 10/08/2005)

Also welcome Shasta! (Born ?/?/2004, Adopted 03/??/07)

JR.
    I'm with you Apple, Dave is in over his head and is clearly delusional if he thinks he has a shot with any of those women. And, he can't blame booze for his nonsense last night.

Ph.D. Pending
    I waiver back and forth on Dave, with a mix of pity in that he is out of his league on this show and a mix of repulsion over his ass-like behaviour to try and fit in. He could easily be the loveable dork of this group if he was loveable. But he is all too willing to sink to the level of his companions given the chance and is not peer pressured into any of his antics. But he is certainly not alone in his lack of appropriate social skills.

And I still think Toni completely overreacted. Dave thinks that he is smarter than some of the other guests and expressed this in a private conversation. He is not running around declaring his intelligence at the top of the hotel, or challenging Zack to a spelling bee. To me it is really idiotic to argue that someone was wrong for saying they are smarter than you so you argue back by saying you are smarter than them. Hello kettle, this is the pot calling...

She'll be there when I'm gone... won't she?
    Quote Originally Posted by psycguy
    I waiver back and forth on Dave, with a mix of pity in that he is out of his league on this show and a mix of repulsion over his ass-like behaviour to try and fit in. He could easily be the loveable dork of this group if he was loveable. But he is all too willing to sink to the level of his companions given the chance and is not peer pressured into any of his antics. But he is certainly not alone in his lack of appropriate social skills.

And I still think Toni completely overreacted. Dave thinks that he is smarter than some of the other guests and expressed this in a private conversation. He is not running around declaring his intelligence at the top of the hotel, or challenging Zack to a spelling bee. To me it is really idiotic to argue that someone was wrong for saying they are smarter than you so you argue back by saying you are smarter than them. Hello kettle, this is the pot calling...
    You do bring up a good point, psycguy, now that I think about it. I would have handled the situation differently, maybe by pulling Dave aside and asking him what he meant by his comment. I don't think I would have made a big deal out of it in front of the group. But then, I hate conflict and try to avoid it at all costs.

I still find it odd that Charla (the only one who actually heard the whole conversation) never said a word about it. I guess she's not willing to risk giving up her safety net (Dave).
    R.I.P Willie Dog (?/?/1989-12/17/2004). Gone but never forgotten.

Welcome Zelda (and a hot of other names)! (Born 08/08/2005, adopted 10/08/2005)

Also welcome Shasta! (Born ?/?/2004, Adopted 03/??/07)

Skipper
    Quote Originally Posted by psycguy

I agree how Dave is acting like an ass and trying to fit in, that the only reason why he agree to TRY and get Tara to kiss him before midnight (Now I think that Tara doesn't even trust Dave the only person at Paradise who doesn't is Scott) and he made a complete ASS of himself and STRIPING for TONI That Sick . But however I don't think it Toni overreacted when Dave say he think he is smarter then everyone else because it not neccersary for him to go around telling everyone that he is smarter then everyone enspecially when he trying to fit in.

yep, dave is in over his head, even if he if he is a "cool dork" as one of the boys in the closet said. i think that his trying to win the bet was kind of creepy, especially since he agreed to let the other boys watch for "verification" purposes. Tara was looking quite upset at the whole thing while sitting on her bed -the joke was on her too remember.

dave IS playing the game. his picking amanda was totally from left field (where he used to sell cracker jacks). his unpredictabilty is dangerous for the other guests. i think it was Scott (who is emerging as the most adjusted of the bunch) who said that dave could win the whole thing. now, if we only knew what the whole thing was.
    off to play with the geodesic garden gnomes

+ Reply to Thread