+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 63 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171858 ... LastLast

Thread: Dave

I feel bad for Dave...these aren't the kind of people I am sure he normally hangs with,and he is trying desperately hard to fit in...and not doing a good job at it..I think the guys keep him around for comic relief,and since they don't see him as a threat,they keep him as kind of a mascot.......I think they laugh at him behind his back and that is very sad.His obsession with Charla is wierd,I wonder if she will have to get a restraining order against him after the show is over...

She'll be there when I'm gone... won't she?
    Quote Originally Posted by Salty Babe
    I feel bad for Dave...these aren't the kind of people I am sure he normally hangs with,and he is trying desperately hard to fit in...and not doing a good job at it..I think the guys keep him around for comic relief,and since they don't see him as a threat,they keep him as kind of a mascot.......I think they laugh at him behind his back and that is very sad.His obsession with Charla is wierd,I wonder if she will have to get a restraining order against him after the show is over...
    That whole "dude, we totally respect you now" call from Zack to Dave was so obviously a set-up. Dave might have had a chance to fit in, despite being a dork, if he had at least been halfway decent to everyone when he first got on the show. But he got drunk and tried to tell Scott how to do Scott's own job, and he was asking all those sex questions to the girls. And then there's his annoying every 5 minutes apology to Beau. So Dave slit his own throat and I really can't say I feel sorry for him.

And that whole obsession with Charla is creepy and pathetic at the same.
    R.I.P Willie Dog (?/?/1989-12/17/2004). Gone but never forgotten.

Welcome Zelda (and a hot of other names)! (Born 08/08/2005, adopted 10/08/2005)

Also welcome Shasta! (Born ?/?/2004, Adopted 03/??/07)

Skipper
    Dave seriously need plastic sugery, and maybe braces and a new nose. I pretty surpurize he could stay this long. He cleary also doesn't realize that Charla only form an alliance with him so that if she ran into a tight spot with the roomate thingy, she would go the Dave. Dave also pick Amanda last night because he knew that no one would pick Amanda.

Atop the highhhhhest weathervane in Spain!
    Dave is in way over his head. What he was thinking joining this cast is beyond me.
    ~*~ Maji *~

Right Skipper, picking Amanda was his way of lasting another couple of weeks in the hotel.
    I wonder if any of the women will make a strategic move and select Dave early into the process next week.
    I can't see two people picking him, so choosing him might well be a good way to ensure you get to stay.
    "That's Numberwang!"

Quote Originally Posted by fluff
    Right Skipper, picking Amanda was his way of lasting another couple of weeks in the hotel.
    I wonder if any of the women will make a strategic move and select Dave early into the process next week.
    I can't see two people picking him, so choosing him might well be a good way to ensure you get to stay.
    I agree fluff and Skipper! Picking Amanda was a great strategic move. At this point, I think Dave will be kept by the ladies so they can stay in the game longer. He is no threat right now, but may become one in the coming months. LOVED the look Charla gave him when he went to Amanda instead of her!! Knocked her down a few pegs, which was classic!
    I think Johnny Damon has the SWEETEST mullet in major league baseball!

FORT Newbie

Dave

Dave is so obviously a nice guy on the wrong kind of show. If being more real and having a blunt honesty in his communications get him kicked off the show, then the girls are nuts. If I were Charla, I would have hung onto this roomate a little longer.And as for not being able to hold his alchohol...maybe thats a sign that this guy is not your typical party-all-the-time-drinks-too-much-womanizing-jerk like some of the other guys we all know. I think that the crew are underestimating Dave...it takes a strong person to take control of their weight and I hope that Dave knows that some of us just think he's great.

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by katebeth
    Just flipping channels last night when low and behold, Dave Kerpin is on TV. Dave was my resident assistant at BU back in '96-97. We weren't close, but by skimming the content on this thread there are quite a few things you guys are right on about! He is funny, in an over the top kind of way, and that Fenway thing was big while I was there - students would go to games just to see him... but he was incredibly judgemental and had a power complex. We had a fire in our dorm, started by a hookah brought by an egyptian student and used only for tobacco, but he decided that all the hippy kids rooms should be searched because he felt it was a drug-related incident. Of course, not all of these kids were even friendly with the guy who's hookah started the fire...

I freaked when I saw him on... but can't wait till he's gone!! My memories of Dave: dorky jerk.
    Katebeth...so cool that you knew him...tell us more.
    A

She'll be there when I'm gone... won't she?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tall Girl
    Dave is so obviously a nice guy on the wrong kind of show. If being more real and having a blunt honesty in his communications get him kicked off the show, then the girls are nuts. If I were Charla, I would have hung onto this roomate a little longer.And as for not being able to hold his alchohol...maybe thats a sign that this guy is not your typical party-all-the-time-drinks-too-much-womanizing-jerk like some of the other guys we all know. I think that the crew are underestimating Dave...it takes a strong person to take control of their weight and I hope that Dave knows that some of us just think he's great.
    Maybe I have Dave wrong, but I don't think he's such a nice guy. He acted like a jerk the first night he was on (but of course that may have been because he was a drunk), and then he was pitching a fit last week when Matt picked Charla as his roommate. Not to mention the staring and following her around. Plus he got upset about the "manboobs" thing when he was the one that brought it up himself. Dave doesn't strike me as having much of a sense of humor, and if you're a non-attractive guy (like me), you better be prepared to laugh at yourself. So Dave is just irritating to me.

Of course, I could be reading him wrong, like I said. Wouldn't be the first time that's happened.
    R.I.P Willie Dog (?/?/1989-12/17/2004). Gone but never forgotten.

Welcome Zelda (and a hot of other names)! (Born 08/08/2005, adopted 10/08/2005)

Also welcome Shasta! (Born ?/?/2004, Adopted 03/??/07)

Gamer Chick & Principal bearwme1's Avatar
    I agree that Dave seems hard to like. He doesn't exactly have a winning personality, but he is swimming in the ocean with the sharks, and doesn't quite realize he's in over his head. It might keep him there a few more weeks, but I don't know. He's annoying to watch.

+ Reply to Thread