+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 63 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121314151617181920212223 ... LastLast

Thread: Dave

She'll be there when I'm gone... won't she?
    Quote Originally Posted by brianna767676
    Dave gets better looking to me with each episode and the guys that I thought were kinda cute in the beginning like Zack, Beau and Alex get uglier and uglier with each episode. Especially Zack, he is ugly ugly ugly.
    His personality and attitude suck, totally. But, I will say this... Zack thinks he's the best-looking guy there, and he probably is. Dave on the other hand, thinks he's cool, but he's really just a dork. That makes Dave actually more annoying than Zack. At least Zack has a reason to think he's the man (though that itself is still distasteful).

In short, I don't like either of them. Scott's the only cool guy on the show.
    R.I.P Willie Dog (?/?/1989-12/17/2004). Gone but never forgotten.

Welcome Zelda (and a hot of other names)! (Born 08/08/2005, adopted 10/08/2005)

Also welcome Shasta! (Born ?/?/2004, Adopted 03/??/07)

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by Yellow Apple
    His personality and attitude suck, totally. But, I will say this... Zack thinks he's the best-looking guy there, and he probably is. Dave on the other hand, thinks he's cool, but he's really just a dork. That makes Dave actually more annoying than Zack. At least Zack has a reason to think he's the man (though that itself is still distasteful).

Beau is way hotter than Zack!!! So he has no reason to think he is the man.

COMBAT MISSIONS junkie! BravoFan's Avatar
    I'm starting to totally dig Dave more each episode!

He seemed genuine when he went to talk to Keith after the eviction.

If he would just keep that hideous tongue in his mouth, I'd be happy.
    "They can only edit what you give them. They cannot manufacture a fictional character out of thin air." (Bill Rancic - 4/04)
    Regarding editing reality TV: "You can't edit IN a bad personality." ("Cali"-11/02)
    BB8 - A "conveyor belt of human garbage." ("Pono" - 9/07)

Dave may not be attractive, but I think each episode we see him becoming a more genuine person. The way he didn't attack Alex or Zach for not adhering to the "white thong" bet was classy with a "c" ... he's a good sport and he really makes the others look like arrogant fools.

Quote Originally Posted by realitynut
    Dave may not be attractive, but I think each episode we see him becoming a more genuine person. The way he didn't attack Alex or Zach for not adhering to the "white thong" bet was classy with a "c" ... he's a good sport and he really makes the others look like arrogant fools.
    Dave..... I fluctuate on ol' Beaker. Sometimes I think he's an alright guy. Other times I think he's an obnoxious dork. I think he was OK last night, though. Dave's problem is he's still sort of "in between" the two groups. He still wants to be liked by everyone and just be "one of the gang". But I don't think he realizes that the Inner Circle was pushing Keith to send Dave home, since he's not one of them and is therefore "expendable".

FORT Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Yellow Apple

In short, I don't like either of them. Scott's the only cool guy on the show.
    I don't think Dave thinks he's cool. He knows he's a dork. That doesn't mean he doesn't pretend to be cool- it's part of his effort to keep up his self-esteem. It's sort of like what Zack does- continually tell himself and everyone around that he is hot and smart. He's hoping that everyone will start to agree.

So along that theme, I think he does know that the other guys want him off. He's not cool enough for PH. He just didn't know whether Keith would side with the "In" Group or try to play the game. In the end, Keith decided to play the game (which, duh, that's what you're there to do).

BTW, it's fun watching Dave beat the other guys in tennis. First Scott, then Zack and Alex. Anyone else want to get their butt whipped? They didn't really show a discussion about Alex wearing a thong (or did they? I didn't watch the whole episode), but that part with Zack showed just what a poor sport he is. He tried to pretend like he couldn't wear a thong because none of the girls' would fit him. He should have just never agreed to the bet if he was just going to wuss out.

V Brain in Paradizzle V squeegieb's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ladybug
    I don't think Dave thinks he's cool. He knows he's a dork. That doesn't mean he doesn't pretend to be cool- it's part of his effort to keep up his self-esteem. It's sort of like what Zack does- continually tell himself and everyone around that he is hot and smart. He's hoping that everyone will start to agree.

So along that theme, I think he does know that the other guys want him off. He's not cool enough for PH. He just didn't know whether Keith would side with the "In" Group or try to play the game. In the end, Keith decided to play the game (which, duh, that's what you're there to do).

BTW, it's fun watching Dave beat the other guys in tennis. First Scott, then Zack and Alex. Anyone else want to get their butt whipped? They didn't really show a discussion about Alex wearing a thong (or did they? I didn't watch the whole episode), but that part with Zack showed just what a poor sport he is. He tried to pretend like he couldn't wear a thong because none of the girls' would fit him. He should have just never agreed to the bet if he was just going to wuss out.
    Like I said in another post, I'm surprised that Zack, with all that "lawyer in him," signed that contract. Dave even covered it with that it was valid even if he signed it drunk

While I like Dave, I do think that he has some of the same qualities Zack has, but he tries to make it seem as if he's humble: remember when he told Charla who the "second smartest" person at the Ho-tel is? I think we can all assume that he meant himself to be "the" smartest one there. Witness also how he diminished Alex's tennis playing abilities with his: "He played" [Dave motions the imaginary air quotes] "varsity tennis in college" and then said afterwards, "I've beaten everyone here. Does that mean I'm the best? Who knows."

It's another way to bolster his ego. But I still like him. Compared to the Inner Circle, he isn't as much of an ass.

C'mon Without Cmon Within QuinntheEskimo's Avatar
    petpeeve warning (and i may be knit picking)-
    can they please find another name for that vaguely familiar game that sorta kinda like looks like tennis- except the court is 1/4 the normal size- the walls are in play, and the rackets are plastic paddles... it looks like the kind of game that you played on the beach when you were a kid- i think we called it paddleball? and i seriously doubt any of these guys have played varisty anything- there is absolutely no athleticism being exhibited between those walls...

I don't think Zack ever thought he would lose to Dave of all people. They did a voiceover of Dave when they showed footage of the tennis match with Zack and Dave said something about Zack telling Dave he was a state champion in high school tennis (like he's also a lawyer). Zack was just an arrogant ass and he couldn't handle losing to a dork like Dave.

As a fellow dork, I can sympathize with Dave somewhat. We all just want to fit in, and unfortunately that means we tend to get taken advantage of by the more popular people with whom we try to associate. This show is a classic example of that. The "bet" to kiss Tara, and Scott, Alex, and Zack all taking what they thought was an easy challenge. I just hope Dave realizes that the Inner Circle was pushing Keith hard to send him home. He seems to me like he's sitting on the fence right now between the two groups and doesn't want to side with either. But he should realize that the ones he looks up to aren't worth his time. But speaking as a dork myself, it's hard to see that sometimes.

You know, I want to say something about Dave. But my thoughts on him change from episode to episode. But the one thing that doesn't change that keeps yanking me back to reality is simply this:

MANBOOBS

*shudder*
    I think Johnny Damon has the SWEETEST mullet in major league baseball!

+ Reply to Thread