+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 63 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151617181920212262 ... LastLast

Thread: Dave

FORT Regular
    Dave does try too hard to be cool and it comes off as being desparate, but here's my theory- from the guys' perspective, Dave poses little or no threat. Why? Because if it came down to Dave and one other guy, the chances are the girl will pick the other guy. Unless the girl is Charla, who may still be holding a grudge for how she was an outsider for the beginning.

So the guys should be scheming to get everyone except Dave off. Right? Knock off the handsome, funny, likeable guys so you (assuming you're the guy) would be left with a bunch of wannabes like Dave and the girls would almost naturally pick you. It's a sure bet.

Wouldn't that be the strategy? To take out the true contenders when you can so you'd win? Unless the "wannabes" would be the spoilers...

i like dave a heck of a lot more now then i did at the begining, and toni has no right to act like she did..i actually do want dave to stay now..before zach..he treats amanda like crap
    Clay Aiken "when everyones working on it change isnt impossible, its inevetible"

She'll be there when I'm gone... won't she?
    Quote Originally Posted by ladybug
    Dave does try too hard to be cool and it comes off as being desparate, but here's my theory- from the guys' perspective, Dave poses little or no threat. Why? Because if it came down to Dave and one other guy, the chances are the girl will pick the other guy. Unless the girl is Charla, who may still be holding a grudge for how she was an outsider for the beginning.

So the guys should be scheming to get everyone except Dave off. Right? Knock off the handsome, funny, likeable guys so you (assuming you're the guy) would be left with a bunch of wannabes like Dave and the girls would almost naturally pick you. It's a sure bet.

Wouldn't that be the strategy? To take out the true contenders when you can so you'd win? Unless the "wannabes" would be the spoilers...
    I think that's probably the only reason Dave has survived as long as he has. Like you said, he poses no real threat to the other guys and they know that. Most of the "couples" have already been established anyway, so if it comes down to a choice between the other guys and Dave, it's pretty clear that the girls would choose the other guys. Witness Kristin basically telling Keith that he could send Beau or Dave home and no one would care. Anyone else and he'd be marked for death.
    R.I.P Willie Dog (?/?/1989-12/17/2004). Gone but never forgotten.

Welcome Zelda (and a hot of other names)! (Born 08/08/2005, adopted 10/08/2005)

Also welcome Shasta! (Born ?/?/2004, Adopted 03/??/07)

I really hope Dave doesn't fall for Toni's she seems to be tring to manipulate him with her tears. But I think as long as he is rooming with Charla then she will try to protect his naive ways. I couldn't believe how Toni attacked him she has really been there too long it's making her nuts and last nights episode was a clear example. I really don't like Dave much I think he is just to ugly for T.V. but I'm feeling sorry for him at the same time I think he is getting the pity vote from everyone watching.
    ~Ally~

FORT Regular
    I just watched the part at Pandora's Box (not the part afterwards where Toni was crying her eyes out). I really wanted Dave or someone else to fire back at Toni. If I were Dave, I would have told her to shut the bleepin' up. But, of course, I'd be afraid that she'd hunt me down. Remember she said something about after the game, in real life? Is everyone else just plain afraid of her or do they agree with her sentiments about Dave? She's basing everything on that one comment she thinks he made (the "smart" comment) and seeing that no one corroborated the story (Charla), everyone else still believes her? I was hopping mad that Dave didn't respond (at Toni's 2nd attack), but I guess there isn't much he could have said.

Quote Originally Posted by ladybug
    I just watched the part at Pandora's Box (not the part afterwards where Toni was crying her eyes out). I really wanted Dave or someone else to fire back at Toni. If I were Dave, I would have told her to shut the bleepin' up. But, of course, I'd be afraid that she'd hunt me down. Remember she said something about after the game, in real life? Is everyone else just plain afraid of her or do they agree with her sentiments about Dave? She's basing everything on that one comment she thinks he made (the "smart" comment) and seeing that no one corroborated the story (Charla), everyone else still believes her? I was hopping mad that Dave didn't respond (at Toni's 2nd attack), but I guess there isn't much he could have said.
    Toni says what she says and does what she does so she can get screen time. Plain and simple. In my opinion, she picks on Dave because he isn't confrontational. Toni intimidates people into liking her. Someone on the show said she bottles things up and then lets them fly and that isn't good behavior. But, alas, that is our Toni. I just wish Dave (or anyone else for that matter) had more of a backbone.
    I think Johnny Damon has the SWEETEST mullet in major league baseball!

She'll be there when I'm gone... won't she?
    Quote Originally Posted by melpepinla
    Toni says what she says and does what she does so she can get screen time. Plain and simple. In my opinion, she picks on Dave because he isn't confrontational. Toni intimidates people into liking her. Someone on the show said she bottles things up and then lets them fly and that isn't good behavior. But, alas, that is our Toni. I just wish Dave (or anyone else for that matter) had more of a backbone.
    Well you know the "Holy Alliance" will never say or do anything that will upset that arrangement. So Toni can rampage at will and the others will just sit back and watch, as long as she doesn't rampage them.
    R.I.P Willie Dog (?/?/1989-12/17/2004). Gone but never forgotten.

Welcome Zelda (and a hot of other names)! (Born 08/08/2005, adopted 10/08/2005)

Also welcome Shasta! (Born ?/?/2004, Adopted 03/??/07)

dave

Other than Amanda's 4 way love triangle.

I think Dave's bumbling has made the show more interesting
    than anything else. Almost every show has had something about him.
    The show would likely have been boring without him.

Dave could almost be a plant, he seems so perfect as the underdog.

You can only take so many plastic people with "wash and wear"
    personalities that they can put on and put off. Dave is refreshingly pathetic and marginally multi-dimensional as compared to the others.

Beau and Toni seem to be after contrived drama to get more
    face time. I bet Beau and Toni set up the scorpion thing ahead of time on purpose to get Toni's "acting" outburst on TV.

Dave gets better looking to me with each episode and the guys that I thought were kinda cute in the beginning like Zack, Beau and Alex get uglier and uglier with each episode. Especially Zack, he is ugly ugly ugly.

Quote Originally Posted by brianna767676
    Dave gets better looking to me with each episode and the guys that I thought were kinda cute in the beginning like Zack, Beau and Alex get uglier and uglier with each episode. Especially Zack, he is ugly ugly ugly.
    :mad: No, he isnt!

+ Reply to Thread