+ Reply to Thread
Page 53 of 70 FirstFirst ... 3434445464748495051525354555657585960616263 ... LastLast

Thread: Charla

Hug me!
    Well the I wanna be your friend statement was from the last show but no one wants to hurt anyone's feelings, well let me say I don't.

I think she's trying to turn him down nicely, that's how I see it anyway. Anyone with eyes can see Dave was turned down. Unless they're naive... I'll leave it at that.
    I agreed that she turned him down nicely last show but not before that though.

She has complained about the lack of sex there because "who is there here for me to love?"
    She could say to him that she values his friendship but there will never be anything more between them, perhaps that's what he needs, but that might not be her style.
    That is the thing.. She said things like that and then went on and "flirted" with Keith.. that's why I said.. she said one thing.. does another thing.

[quote]
    I feel bad for him that he continues to have such strong feelings that will never be returned.

I hate to say this, but I have to agree with Alex lately, Charla does seem mind-numbingly boring.
    Little if anything raises a smile out of her and I imagine it could be quite tiring to be around her at times.
    [/qoute]
    I agreed with Alex too.. People come to paradise hotel is to have fun and socialize.. Charla doesn't do that.

You know what Rub? I think you won't be satisfied until their relationship gone sour for good! Coz one thing's for sure, they won't get married anytime soon so if they follow what you're saying then conflict is the only way to solve their differences (if you can even call it that).
    right. .Dave needs to stay as far away from Charla as possible.

It's true that two best friends (of the opposite sex or sometimes not) MIGHT end up dating but first of all, Dave and Charla are NOT "best friends", they're more like strangers than even friends..... secondly, romance goes both ways, Dave might feel the world for Charla but Charla just doesn't like him in a romantic sense. Is that not clear enough for you or anyone?
    Ahhh.. Did you forget that in TWO occasioins.. Charla refers Dave as her best friend ? her true friend ??

And I know you're kidding... but I'm pointing out the possible extremes of where this relationship has to go if it goes YOUR (Rub's) way.... there is NO chance in hell Charla's going to date Dave so unless he does something drastic like getting her drunk or something, he doesn't stand a chance! It's that simple.
    geez. that's kinda harsh.

It's very unlikely for anyone to have a best friend of the opposite sex. It's not impossible but unlikely because think about it, if you are married and have a wife, how would you and your spouse feel when you go out alone with your "best-girl-friend"?
    Agreed
    "Charla is intelligent and beautiful and I just felt really stupid for picking ... for, you know... liking someone that wasn't available really.. certainly not to me." Quote from Dave (Paradise Hotel).

Rub, don't be stupid.... the bottom line is Charla and Dave are just friends.... they're strangers for the most part and only until the very end they are "friends" with one another.... they aren't "best friends" that's for sure!

So what if Charla said so? Have you ever considered the setting they're in? There's a game going on 24/7 whether you like it or not so naturally people are going to say things to help their chances of advancing to the next round.... Charla's feelings towards Dave is genuine.... because Dave is this guy who has insecuities written all over him, sometimes Charla comforts him by telling him the stuff he "wants" to hear, that's all. No harm done! In fact Charla's doing Dave a favor...... if you really want your facts straight.

And if that sounds harsh to you then deal with it! Nobody can change your mind or Charla's or Dave but your/ themselves.... but the facts are all there.

Hug me!
    Quote Originally Posted by k1w1
    Rub, don't be stupid.... the bottom line is Charla and Dave are just friends.... they're strangers for the most part and only until the very end they are "friends" with one another.... they aren't "best friends" that's for sure!

So what if Charla said so? Have you ever considered the setting they're in? There's a game going on 24/7 whether you like it or not so naturally people are going to say things to help their chances of advancing to the next round.... Charla's feelings towards Dave is genuine.... because Dave is this guy who has insecuities written all over him, sometimes Charla comforts him by telling him the stuff he "wants" to hear, that's all. No harm done! In fact Charla's doing Dave a favor...... if you really want your facts straight.

And if that sounds harsh to you then deal with it! Nobody can change your mind or Charla's or Dave but your/ themselves.... but the facts are all there.
    Thank you... Thank you.. Thank you.. You prove my point EXACTLY! K1w1...
    LIke I said.. Charla "mislead" Dave to make him think that there are more between them than it exactly is to get her advancing to the game. She mislead him.. string him along... until she get what she wants. I couldn't say it better than you just did.
    "Charla is intelligent and beautiful and I just felt really stupid for picking ... for, you know... liking someone that wasn't available really.. certainly not to me." Quote from Dave (Paradise Hotel).

Dave certainly isn't being a true friend to Charla.

He is using her desire to win the game to control her in every way he can. She was having fun with Keith till Dave threw a hissy fit. She couldn't spend the night in Tara's room because Dave threw another hissy fit. Charla/Tara/Keith were all giving in to Dave's tantrums in order to save the alliance.

I believed at first that Dave had a crush on Charla, but that night when he let Amy/Tom/Beau come in their room and drive her out convinced me otherwise. I think he just wants to be able to brag about scoring with Charla. It's all about Dave. He even used her panties to imply that he had slept with her when he first came to PH.

Is this love?

Sometimes it's pretty painful and embarassing to watch Dave go on and on about someone who isn't interested. When he first came on, I admit that I thought maybe Charla was being a bit harsh (don't like him touching my skin comment) but what the heck does this girl have to do or say to make him realize that she's not interested. He's a grown man, and needs to learn that because a girl likes you as a friend, doesn't mean she's going to like you as anything more than that. There is only so nice a person can be about things, and imo Charla has been more then generous with her patience where he is concerned.
    The Leafs will win the cup....eventually!!!

I think the comment about not liking him touching her bare skin was awful.

I just don't interpret the situation the same was a Rube does, as I don't feel that Charla has led him on.
    "That's Numberwang!"

COMBAT MISSIONS junkie! BravoFan's Avatar
    I agree completely Fluff.

She's been very upfront about wanting to be his friend. It's an awkward situation when you like someone and want to be their friend, but they have a crush on you, therefore everything you do or say they think might someday mean you'll "come around."
    "They can only edit what you give them. They cannot manufacture a fictional character out of thin air." (Bill Rancic - 4/04)
    Regarding editing reality TV: "You can't edit IN a bad personality." ("Cali"-11/02)
    BB8 - A "conveyor belt of human garbage." ("Pono" - 9/07)

Quote Originally Posted by BravoFan
    She's been very upfront about wanting to be his friend. It's an awkward situation when you like someone and want to be their friend, but they have a crush on you, therefore everything you do or say they think might someday mean you'll "come around."

That's exactly how I've been interpreting the way Charla acts with Dave -- it comes off as cold sometimes, but she probably believes that if she acted more touchy-feely with him it would just get his hopes up. She seems like she's working overtime to not give him anything but friend vibes -- which I think is better than the alternative of leading him on.

It can be a very delicate situation, and I think she's handled it pretty well for the most part.

FORT Fogey
    I heard charla will be doing a radio interview on tuesday for http://steveanddc.com.

Cool
    "That's Numberwang!"

+ Reply to Thread