+ Reply to Thread
Page 52 of 70 FirstFirst ... 2424344454647484950515253545556575859606162 ... LastLast
Results 511 to 520 of 699

Thread: Charla

  1. #511
    Yoffy lifts a finger... fluff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Posts
    43,485
    Well, the "girls don't always know what they want argument", does not fly with me at all.

    She said no your honour, but I went ahead anyway because well, girls don't always know what they want.

    I think Charla knows better than Dave what she does and doesn't want and clearly she doesn't want Dave as anything more than a friend.
    The friendship has developed as an extension of their alliance.
    "That's Numberwang!"

  2. #512
    Hug me!
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Posts
    1,761
    Quote Originally Posted by fluff
    Well, the "girls don't always know what they want argument", does not fly with me at all.

    She said no your honour, but I went ahead anyway because well, girls don't always know what they want.

    I think Charla knows better than Dave what she does and doesn't want and clearly she doesn't want Dave as anything more than a friend.
    The friendship has developed as an extension of their alliance.
    Actually.. She didn't really flat out and said no to Dave until this week. Before that.. she was just kinda avoid the questions.. and call them stupid.
    "Charla is intelligent and beautiful and I just felt really stupid for picking ... for, you know... liking someone that wasn't available really.. certainly not to me." Quote from Dave (Paradise Hotel).

  3. #513
    RESIDENT JEDI MASTER Stargazer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    On a Rocky Mountain High
    Age
    39
    Posts
    11,928
    I will tell you one reason why Charla isn't romantically interested in Dave. I've often said that I think Charla was unpopular in her younger days (as a reformed dork, I can often spot them). When you were unpopular as a kid and suddenly blossom as a young adult, you never get over feeling insecure. You always feel like a big imposter. The last thing she would want to do would be for people to suspect her former 'dorkhood' by dating Dave. When she gets older, she'll get over it and guys like Dave might have a chance with her. Does that make sense?
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

    "I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

  4. #514
    Barbie Girl Mindful826's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Washington DC
    Posts
    54
    Quote Originally Posted by ruben_of_205
    Actually.. She didn't really flat out and said no to Dave until this week. Before that.. she was just kinda avoid the questions.. and call them stupid.

    Well, I think she has. What part of "I don't like you touching me" & "I only want to be friends" translate to "Maybe in the future Dave!" ?

    "Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes, Art is knowing which ones to keep"

  5. #515
    Yoffy lifts a finger... fluff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Posts
    43,485
    Quote Originally Posted by ruben_of_205
    Actually.. She didn't really flat out and said no to Dave until this week. Before that.. she was just kinda avoid the questions.. and call them stupid.
    She can't win really as far as I can see.

    If she had told Dave straight out that she was not interested in him romantically she would no doubt have been labelled a heartless bitch who was just using him to stay in the game, not that different to some opinions of her now.

    I think she knows the comment she made about him touching her bare skin was thoughtless and cruel, I also think she knows how insecure he can be and how he needs affirmation of her friendship with him regularly.
    I can't say I blame her for avoiding the questions really.
    He is the only one who can't see that his pursuit of her is pointless.
    They needed each other to stay in the game and have done very well out of the partnership.
    "That's Numberwang!"

  6. #516
    Hug me!
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Posts
    1,761
    Quote Originally Posted by stargazer401
    I will tell you one reason why Charla isn't romantically interested in Dave. I've often said that I think Charla was unpopular in her younger days (as a reformed dork, I can often spot them). When you were unpopular as a kid and suddenly blossom as a young adult, you never get over feeling insecure. You always feel like a big imposter. The last thing she would want to do would be for people to suspect her former 'dorkhood' by dating Dave. When she gets older, she'll get over it and guys like Dave might have a chance with her. Does that make sense?
    THAT I AGREED.

    Quote Originally Posted by Mindful826
    Well, I think she has. What part of "I don't like you touching me" & "I only want to be friends" translate to "Maybe in the future Dave!" ?

    That was from the beginning.. obviously.. she changed her opinions about Dave now.

    Quote Originally Posted by fluff
    She can't win really as far as I can see.

    If she had told Dave straight out that she was not interested in him romantically she would no doubt have been labelled a heartless bitch who was just using him to stay in the game, not that different to some opinions of her now.

    I think she knows the comment she made about him touching her bare skin was thoughtless and cruel, I also think she knows how insecure he can be and how he needs affirmation of her friendship with him regularly.
    I can't say I blame her for avoiding the questions really.
    He is the only one who can't see that his pursuit of her is pointless.
    They needed each other to stay in the game and have done very well out of the partnership.
    If I am Dave.. I rather her tell me straight up. This way everything is out in the open and everybody knows what to "expect" from each other. By not telling him straight up.. Charla is misleading him... therefore I feel that he is being used by CHarla.
    "Charla is intelligent and beautiful and I just felt really stupid for picking ... for, you know... liking someone that wasn't available really.. certainly not to me." Quote from Dave (Paradise Hotel).

  7. #517
    Barbie Girl Mindful826's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Washington DC
    Posts
    54
    Well the I wanna be your friend statement was from the last show but no one wants to hurt anyone's feelings, well let me say I don't.

    I think she's trying to turn him down nicely, that's how I see it anyway. Anyone with eyes can see Dave was turned down. Unless they're naive... I'll leave it at that.
    "Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes, Art is knowing which ones to keep"

  8. #518
    Yoffy lifts a finger... fluff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Posts
    43,485
    I can see your point rube, but can't agree.
    I think Charla has made it very clear to Dave a number of times that she is not interested in him.
    She has complained about the lack of sex there because "who is there here for me to love?"
    She could say to him that she values his friendship but there will never be anything more between them, perhaps that's what he needs, but that might not be her style.
    The main thing for me, is that I don't feel as though she is misleading him in this regard, but I can see how people do feel that way, given that she hasn't told him outright in plain English that she doesn't want him.

    I feel bad for him that he continues to have such strong feelings that will never be returned.


    I hate to say this, but I have to agree with Alex lately, Charla does seem mind-numbingly boring.
    Little if anything raises a smile out of her and I imagine it could be quite tiring to be around her at times.
    Last edited by fluff; 09-26-2003 at 06:55 PM.
    "That's Numberwang!"

  9. #519
    FORT Fanatic k1w1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Age
    92
    Posts
    581
    Quote Originally Posted by ruben_of_205
    See.. that is the same.. How can Dave know that for sure ? I hate to say.. most girls don't always know what they want.. They sometimes say one thing but do the other. Just think about it.. Charla went from disgusted by Dave in the beginning.. to her friend.. then.. her so called best friend.. obviously.. her opinion of Dave changes each day as they get to know each other better.
    And THERE are many cases where two are best of friends ended up liking each other and start dating... TRUE ? Dave thinks that this could happen between Charla and him. By the way.. when you are best friend to someone.. it means there are qualities in him/her that you find attractive. What's so wrong to think that there is hope after all ?



    I am kidding.. even if Charla is drunk for some reason. Dave wouldn't take advantage of her that way. That's the kind of guy Dave is.

    Another thing.. is it even possible to have a best friend of an opposite sex ?
    You know what Rub? I think you won't be satisfied until their relationship gone sour for good! Coz one thing's for sure, they won't get married anytime soon so if they follow what you're saying then conflict is the only way to solve their differences (if you can even call it that).

    It's true that two best friends (of the opposite sex or sometimes not) MIGHT end up dating but first of all, Dave and Charla are NOT "best friends", they're more like strangers than even friends..... secondly, romance goes both ways, Dave might feel the world for Charla but Charla just doesn't like him in a romantic sense. Is that not clear enough for you or anyone?

    And I know you're kidding... but I'm pointing out the possible extremes of where this relationship has to go if it goes YOUR (Rub's) way.... there is NO chance in hell Charla's going to date Dave so unless he does something drastic like getting her drunk or something, he doesn't stand a chance! It's that simple.

    It's very unlikely for anyone to have a best friend of the opposite sex. It's not impossible but unlikely because think about it, if you are married and have a wife, how would you and your spouse feel when you go out alone with your "best-girl-friend"?

  10. #520
    FORT Fanatic k1w1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Age
    92
    Posts
    581
    Quote Originally Posted by ruben_of_205
    If I am Dave.. I rather her tell me straight up. This way everything is out in the open and everybody knows what to "expect" from each other. By not telling him straight up.. Charla is misleading him... therefore I feel that he is being used by CHarla.
    The fact of the matter is Charla DID tell him straight up! Even to the millions of TV viewers like us is obvious so why wouldn't Dave know or "expect" that of Charla?

    If you still disagree then you're stupid.... I'm sorry I had to say that but it's like simple math, 1 plus 1 equals 2 not 3..... you have to come to grips with the fact that Dave is being a jerk here. It's his own fault for his own feelings hurt..... it's understandable if he might feel a bit ackward in the first couple of weeks with Charla but by now he should know better. Like I said numerous times, Charla's between a rock and a hard place, despite her feelings for Dave and vice versa there's still a game going on in the show, both of them have to play wisely for any chance to win. And it's better to be "friends" at this point than to be otherwise just because one can't keep his emotions in check.

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.