+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Melanie

Nerds Just Wanna Have Fun Boredom's Avatar
    I think that either Melanie or Holly will go to DCKT just to be on the other side of the other. They both want Scott, and when one can't have him, it's going to be a battle.

She'll be there when I'm gone... won't she?
    Quote Originally Posted by calhoun
    I agree that I think Scott is playing the game and has done well to lie low and play the neutral guy, but I don't necessarily agree that he is playing better than Keith. They did not start the game in comparable positions. Keith never had an option to lie low. By the rules he was given he had to piss off someone. Scott's skill is staying out of the line of fire; Keith's skill is dodging bullets when he finds himself in the line of fire, which is always.
    That is an excellent analysis, calhoun. Keith recognized that Scott is probably the biggest threat, which is why he wanted to get rid of him. Charla either misinterpreted the signal Keith gave her or else she defied Keith because she still likes Scott. It will be interesting to see if that decision comes back to bite them in the ass.
    R.I.P Willie Dog (?/?/1989-12/17/2004). Gone but never forgotten.

Welcome Zelda (and a hot of other names)! (Born 08/08/2005, adopted 10/08/2005)

Also welcome Shasta! (Born ?/?/2004, Adopted 03/??/07)

Quote Originally Posted by Yellow Apple
    That is an excellent analysis, calhoun. Keith recognized that Scott is probably the biggest threat, which is why he wanted to get rid of him. Charla either misinterpreted the signal Keith gave her or else she defied Keith because she still likes Scott. It will be interesting to see if that decision comes back to bite them in the ass.
    I was just considering the other night while watching the show what would have happened if Scott weren't part of the originals. Would he behave the same way? Would he be strong like Keith and take down a key player? Same with some of the other guests. How would their show personality change if their roles were different.

Thanks, YA. To respond to your last point, I think the only difference that eliminating Scott at the time would have made, given the events that immediately proceeded, is that DCKT would be dealing right now with Alex instead of Beau. There's some uncertainty, but had Scott been one of the eliminated guests in the running to come back on, the vote would have been: Charla, Tara, Holly for Scott; Amy and Toadie..uh, I mean Desiree...: Beau (b/c Amy stopped liking Scott, and Toadie is, of course a toadie). Whatever made T&C choose Andon, whether it was naivete or deciding he was the least bad option, I think would have been trumped by the option of bringing back someone who had at least been a decent human being, despite the protests Keith might have made.

Oh, yeah, and Melanie. Have to say something about Melanie...(see thread title)...there is a good chance, had the voting guys including Alex instead of Scott, that Melanie would not have been voted in b/c there would have been no one on the inside pulling for her (fairly sure it was Scott that swayed Tom's vote). What girl that would have been, not so sure. Maybe the two votes for Kavita would have been enough, and if that was the case, I guess I come full circle and agree that the decision not to boot Scott might bite them in the ass.
    Last edited by calhoun; 09-10-2003 at 02:32 PM.

Oh, yeah, and Melanie. Have to say something about Melanie...(see thread title)...there is a good chance, had the voting guys including Alex instead of Scott, that Melanie would not have been voted in b/c there would have been no one on the inside pulling for her (fairly sure it was Scott that swayed Tom's vote). What girl that would have been, not so sure. Maybe the two votes for Kavita would have been enough, and if that was the case, I guess I come full circle and agree that the decision not to boot Scott might bite them in the ass.
    Okay, maybe it's just me, but when Tom voted for Melanie, he had a look on his face of pure adoration. I don't think anybody had to sway Tom's vote.

Quote Originally Posted by funnygirl422
    Okay, maybe it's just me, but when Tom voted for Melanie, he had a look on his face of pure adoration. I don't think anybody had to sway Tom's vote.
    You might very well be right, FG. He seems to get smitten quite easily. At least this last choice of Melanie might prove that his tastes have improved. My eyes don't even focus in on Tom anymore, even for the 10 seconds that he's on the screen. But I still think he would have been the only guy voting for Melanie had Scott not been in the picture (ie, I don't see Alex having voted for her)

You might very well be right, FG. He seems to get smitten quite easily. At least this last choice of Melanie might prove that his tastes have improved. My eyes don't even focus in on Tom anymore, even for the 10 seconds that he's on the screen. But I still think he would have been the only guy voting for Melanie had Scott not been in the picture (ie, I don't see Alex having voted for her)
    Alex wasn't a voter the other night. But you are right. Dave and Keith realize that Melanie would not be an ally; however, there is part of me that thinks Keith is aware of the fact that this love triangle that is bound to happen between Melanie, Scott and Holly can only work in his favor. This explains the smirk on Keith's face when Melanie was voted back in. She just gave him the perfect weapon to use against his biggest nemesis on this show.

Quote Originally Posted by funnygirl422
    Alex wasn't a voter the other night. But you are right. Dave and Keith realize that Melanie would not be an ally; however, there is part of me that thinks Keith is aware of the fact that this love triangle that is bound to happen between Melanie, Scott and Holly can only work in his favor. This explains the smirk on Keith's face when Melanie was voted back in. She just gave him the perfect weapon to use against his biggest nemesis on this show.
    Sorry for not being clear, FG. When I wrote about who Alex would have voted for, I was expanding on an earlier ramble I had regarding what if the ladies had voted off Scott instead of Alex like Keith had wanted them to a couple of weeks ago. You make a good point that Keith probably started thinking about ways that love triangle might be exploited as soon as Melanie was voted in.

She'll be there when I'm gone... won't she?
    Sorry for not being clear, FG. When I wrote about who Alex would have voted for, I was expanding on an earlier ramble I had regarding what if the ladies had voted off Scott instead of Alex like Keith had wanted them to a couple of weeks ago. You make a good point that Keith probably started thinking about ways that love triangle might be exploited as soon as Melanie was voted in.
    You know Keith did. He's been analyzing every twist and turn of the game from his first day there.

Hopefully Holly will side with the Outsiders, but I don't see it happening since they showed her calling Tara out for her behavior towards Alex.
    R.I.P Willie Dog (?/?/1989-12/17/2004). Gone but never forgotten.

Welcome Zelda (and a hot of other names)! (Born 08/08/2005, adopted 10/08/2005)

Also welcome Shasta! (Born ?/?/2004, Adopted 03/??/07)

You know Keith did. He's been analyzing every twist and turn of the game from his first day there.

Hopefully Holly will side with the Outsiders, but I don't see it happening since they showed her calling Tara out for her behavior towards Alex.
    Who knows though YA, Tara may come back with "you were right there along with me" and I don't see you vowing undying love and devotion to him. Tara's got some spunk and she's not afraid to use it wisely. She was also smart enough to not fall prey to the BS the outcasts were serving her last week.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast