+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 53 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131415161718192021222324 ... LastLast

Thread: Toni

I thought Toni was going to wig out and jump up and kick Daves azz. Its a good thing she wasnt in the big brother house....She would of opened up a can of whoop azz and throw some chairs around or something lol

Ph.D. Pending
    I got to agree with you Fluff on your take on Toni's"moment" last night at Pandora's box. I think this has little to do with what was said and more to do with Toni wanting to stir things up as she gets stressed about possibly leaving. Her ability to recall the details of what she heard was stunningly vague. Do you think if she overheard anyone but Dave saying this she would be that pissed at that moment. She doesn't like Dave, this is a handy excuse to attack him under the guise of doing the nobel thing of standing up for her friends.You could see early on that she is certainly not cool under pressure and is now wrapped up tighter than a drum with the impending banishment of 1 of the original women. I think the scene last night is her way to justify in her own mind why she was kicked off the show if she goes. She can look back on it and say she was ousted for standing up for her friends' intelligence - of which only Scott has shown any (he seems like too nice a person to be on this show).

With respect to the argument intself, how did she become the group representative? State what Dave said and let others be offended if they want to be. By her freaking out and Zack putting his 2 cents in they are doing the exact thing they are bitching about - which is saying they are smarter than someone else.

And in terms of manners, Dave has certainly demonstrated that it is not his strong suit (and I'm no fan of his on this show) but two wrongs don't make a right so it does not excuse Toni for her poor display at the Pandora's Box which is also a social situation.

She'll be there when I'm gone... won't she?
    Good points, psycguy. Maybe I'm overanalyzing Dave's comment. I had forgotten all about the "clique" thing but something you said made me remember when Charla, Dave, and Amanda were talking about the "clique" of the girls (Toni, Amy, and Kristin) and the guys (everyone but Dave). Toni was definately showing some jitters about one of the original girls leaving the show, and this may have had something to do with her jumping all over Dave. True, Dave is not exactly the group favorite, so it was easy for her to attack him without looking bad for it. I did mention in another thread that there are ways to handle the situation, and Toni's explosion was definately not the way to do that.
    R.I.P Willie Dog (?/?/1989-12/17/2004). Gone but never forgotten.

Welcome Zelda (and a hot of other names)! (Born 08/08/2005, adopted 10/08/2005)

Also welcome Shasta! (Born ?/?/2004, Adopted 03/??/07)

Skipper
    Toni is one of those girl who doesn't take any crap from anyone I mean you what she said to beau when he told her to shut up. She pretty confident and isn't afraid to speak her mind

She'll be there when I'm gone... won't she?
    Quote Originally Posted by Skipper
    Toni is one of those girl who doesn't take any crap from anyone I mean you what she said to beau when he told her to shut up. She pretty confident and isn't afraid to speak her mind
    That's because she could kick the crap out of anyone on the show.
    R.I.P Willie Dog (?/?/1989-12/17/2004). Gone but never forgotten.

Welcome Zelda (and a hot of other names)! (Born 08/08/2005, adopted 10/08/2005)

Also welcome Shasta! (Born ?/?/2004, Adopted 03/??/07)

Ph.D. Pending
    Not being afraid to speak your mind isn't a bad thing, unless what you have to say isn't worth saying. Toni is just too unstable.

I thought Toni really showed herself to be a psycho bee-otch last night. And I actually liked her before. :rolleyes Who crowned her queen of the island? I loved how she kept saying, "If you attack my friends...", making it crystal clear to Dave that they are her friends and not his. And if Dave accidentally pulled her top while they were wrestling? Who cares? Its not like he walked up to her out of nowhere and yanked her top down - they were rolling all around, its slippery - there's not alot of finesse involved. She acted like he tried to assault her or something. I think she just hates him and was looking for every opportunity to start something with him. Yeah, he should never have implied that he was smarter than everyone - but he didn't exactly say they were all idiots. Zack and Toni demonstrated their inferiority complexes with their reactions, IMO.

I would be really happy to see Toni go after last night. What a drama queen...
    Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.
    - Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by psycguy
    . Do you think if she overheard anyone but Dave saying this she would be that pissed at that moment. She doesn't like Dave, this is a handy excuse to attack him under the guise of doing the nobel thing of standing up for her friends.You could see early on that she is certainly not cool under pressure and is now wrapped up tighter than a drum with the impending banishment of 1 of the original women.
    I doubt she would have cared much at all if she'd heard anyone else make the comments she heard Dave make.
    I think she still clearly sees Dave as the outsider.
    She has the ability to get over things pretty quickly when it involves someone she likes (e.g. the argument with Beau), but seems to be able to hold deep and lasting grudges against people she doesn't like.
    I wouldn't be surprised if she considers Dave responsible for the removal of Andon, who after two days became her "brother and best friend".

Andon was obviously to blame for his own downfall, plus Amanda didn't choose him in the final analysis.

I don't think Toni always deals with stressful situations in a rational manner though, so it wouldn't surprise me if she thought Dave was to blame.
    "That's Numberwang!"

hi there,
    i'm getting in the mud with you all after watching on the sidelines for a few weeks. i also live on the eastern tip of north america so i get my 1.5 hours ahead of people in EST zone.

i have to agree that toni is scared about getting the boot so she is taking dave down with her. maybe a face full of dave on her birthday was the final straw (no pun etc.. etc..). even the rest of our gang were a bit thrown off by her accusation of dave for groping in the mud. wouldn't it be strange if tara got rid of toni 'cause she was so mean to dave?

toni has ensured that dave is out of the frat forever.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    off to play with the geodesic garden gnomes

Skipper
    Quote Originally Posted by Yellow Apple
    That's because she could kick the crap out of anyone on the show.

+ Reply to Thread