+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Andon

Nerds Just Wanna Have Fun Boredom's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by fluff
    I know what you're saying Jaycee.
    I think in part Andon was spurred on by the mob, but I also feel he came back onto the show like the big I am and wanted to make his mark.
    I would have no problem with him if what he said made any sense.
    He was talking shite as far as I could see.

She'll be there when I'm gone... won't she?
    Quote Originally Posted by m0ckeryj0nes
    just out of curiousity, what skills was he supposed to show with musclehead looming over him in classic "i'm about to beat you up" posture?
    Well I was referring to when Dave said he was good at bowling, gambling, and politics. The only one of those he did anything in was politics when he got himself elected King. The other two he was just lame in.

Anyway, Andon's a jerk and an idiot, but Dave was stupid for putting himself in that position. Seeing all of the sharks together like that, he should have just kept his distance.
    R.I.P Willie Dog (?/?/1989-12/17/2004). Gone but never forgotten.

Welcome Zelda (and a hot of other names)! (Born 08/08/2005, adopted 10/08/2005)

Also welcome Shasta! (Born ?/?/2004, Adopted 03/??/07)

Quote Originally Posted by Yellow Apple
    Well I was referring to when Dave said he was good at bowling, gambling, and politics. The only one of those he did anything in was politics when he got himself elected King. The other two he was just lame in.

Anyway, Andon's a jerk and an idiot, but Dave was stupid for putting himself in that position. Seeing all of the sharks together like that, he should have just kept his distance.
    I think daves just a nice guy that wants to be friends with everyone..so he thought maybe he would be the bigger man and go up to them.
    They just started picking on him because thats their low class style.
    Dave shouldnt be faulted for being a nice person

Don't know if it's been pointed out yet, but Andon has a LOT more tattoo than he did originally. This is him on the FOX site:

I can't get a picture of him on Monday's show, but he has a tat all the way up his right arm and reaching over to his collarbone.

Has he been gone THAT long??!
    I'll do graffiti if you sing to me in French

This kid thinks he came back as a BAD@$$-Hardcore...He sounds so stupid when he talks. Speach theropy much~?! He's hatin' cause he couldn't get Charla so he came back to make her look bad and lose..he already lost, he's not even a cast anymore but a vistor-chill out and don't speak unless you can make sense

Andon cost himself elimination, as I recall. He could have picked either of the two girls (Kristen was one and I can't remember who the other was - Charla maybe), but he went with Toni who two other guys picked and then Amanda who Beau also picked. So he has no one to blame but himself.

Quote Originally Posted by dolphingal
    I think daves just a nice guy that wants to be friends with everyone..so he thought maybe he would be the bigger man and go up to them.
    They just started picking on him because thats their low class style.
    Dave shouldnt be faulted for being a nice person

I've been watching another show, then. I have seen Dave (time and time again) mosey up to groups (two or more) just to see what they're talking about. He asks them what they think, what's going on, whatever, and then goes and tells his alliance. The others do this, too, so I'm not saying Dave's the only one... Also, on the show I've been watching, Dave cannot and will not accept defeat, criticism, or anything that's not going his way. From the tennis (more like oversized ping pong) court to Pandora's box. That's a nice guy? Not in my book. I don't think there IS a nice guy on the show. At least one who has his game face on. But we're all entitled to our own opinion... and perhaps in the few shows that I've missed in this ongoing saga, Dave has shown a different side.

Quote Originally Posted by HulaEngr
    I've been watching another show, then. I have seen Dave (time and time again) mosey up to groups (two or more) just to see what they're talking about. He asks them what they think, what's going on, whatever, and then goes and tells his alliance. The others do this, too, so I'm not saying Dave's the only one... Also, on the show I've been watching, Dave cannot and will not accept defeat, criticism, or anything that's not going his way. From the tennis (more like oversized ping pong) court to Pandora's box. That's a nice guy? Not in my book. I don't think there IS a nice guy on the show. At least one who has his game face on. But we're all entitled to our own opinion... and perhaps in the few shows that I've missed in this ongoing saga, Dave has shown a different side.
    I still think that compared to the other morons dave is a nice guy.
    Everyone went on the show to play a game, so when you might be the one leaving next , it is a good idea to listen and get information.
    Andon and the rest of them have taken things way too personal, which is probably why they were booted in the first place

Quote Originally Posted by HulaEngr
    Dave needs to grow up and start living in the real world. I know sometimes it's hard to relate to people. I had that problem growing up and I still do. I'm just not a "people person". But I realize that I have to get along with people if I want to be even remotely successful, both at work and in personal relationships. Dave hasn't learned that yet. He still acts like I did in high school. I never could take criticism well and I took a lot of things personally. I've noticed that Dave does too.

And dolphingirl is right too. I think most of the Originals forgot they were there to play a game and just thought that PH was their ticket to a giant drunken orgy. Then along came Keith, who reminded them that it WAS a game and they WEREN'T all going to win. So instead of realizing their error, they decided to blame the outsider that they felt was responsible for "ruining" their grand vacation.
    Last edited by Yellow Apple; 09-03-2003 at 01:48 PM.

I don't see anything wrong with Dave walking up to thr group to chat.
    He didn't approach them in a sheepish manner, he looked like he was just going over the say hi.

Is that what Amy was criticising Charla for not doing, i.e. not making any effort to be part of the group?

It's a lose/lose situation when you're dealing with people like that.
    If he hadn't come over to see them they would probably have started ranting on about how he daren't face them.
    "That's Numberwang!"

+ Reply to Thread