+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: 8/10 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

IMO there isn't a chance in a million this relationship will last - my God she is only 21! I thought Natalie was a hoot and she made the show for me - her and Mary - they were hillarious. I think this whole show was staged and I have to admit I am surprised to hear that they are both moving to LA, but I bet the main reason for both of them is to further their show biz carreers (or hoping for one) more than their connection. I believe that was his intention in the first place.

(You can see an update article about them from USA Today posted at the TBS fan forum.) (This forum won't let me post the web address, you'll have to find it on your own...)
    I copied the post - its under Hoax theory - I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks this was all staged. Maybe we are wrong?

From TBS forum:

Well from an article I just read from a Louisville, KY paper it says Natalie's prize was a diamond necklace worth $20,000 and that she and Vadim also got a 30 day paid vacation to Europe. They are cashing in both prizes because it is expensive to live in Los Angeles where they have gotten an apartment together.

The moment of truth arrived last night for fans of TBS' wild new reality show "Outback Jack" and for Natalie Franzman.

Saucy Aussie Jack (real name: Vadim Dale) chose the blond bombshell from Kentucky over Florida's Marissa Clark, making Franzman Louisville's first-ever reality show winner.

Over the course of the show, which aired for eight consecutive weeks, Franzman, 21, not only captured Dale's heart but also won over millions of viewers. But she was contractually prohibited from revealing the show's ending.

"I'm so excited and relieved the show's finally over so I can be open about my feelings for Vadim," said an elated Franzman, who celebrated her win last night in Los Angeles.

"Outback Jack" winner Natalie Franzman held a postcard promoting the final show.

Photo by Mary Ann Gerth, The Courier-Journal
    "Besides being away from him even though we talked six times a day one of the hardest parts was not being able to tell my friends and family all the details about my experience and that I had found my match.

"We are inseparable. We completely fell in love, and it was so unexpected," she said of the 28-year-old Dale, who gave her the pet name "Princess."

When the show made its debut in mid-June, Franzman and 11 other high-maintenance city girls were dropped into the Australian Outback to meet "Jack." Little did they know that the makeup, hair products and designer clothes in their suitcases would serve no purpose in the unpredictable terrain.

"When I first realized I was going to be in the Outback, my sole priority was just to survive and not die," Franzman said in one of her earlier interviews with The Courier-Journal. "I couldn't compete with the other girls over him at first. I was more worried about the bugs eating my legs up at nighttime."

But after advancing to the sixth round, which featured a weekend of pampering in Perth, something triggered inside her.

"It was kind of like I looked up one day and realized, 'Oh my gosh, I'm totally falling in love with this guy and he's been under my nose the whole time.'"

On last night's finale, Outback Jack had one-on-one all-day dates with the two remaining girls. He spent his quality time with Franzman riding on the beach on ATVs and kayaking.

"I'm very excited for Natalie right now," said her mother, Amelia Franzman of Louisville. "It's kind of bittersweet because I'm going to miss her so much being gone. She's been in my life for 21 years."

This past weekend, Franzman quit her job at a St. Matthews hair salon, packed her bags and headed to Los Angeles, where she and Dale have set up house in a furnished apartment.

Most reality shows reward winners with a cash prize, but that wasn't the case with "Outback Jack."

Franzman did receive a diamond necklace valued at $20,000, and the couple won a 30-day, all-expenses-paid trip to Europe, both of which they will likely cash in. "L.A. is an expensive place to live, and we have to survive," Franzman said.

At the moment, Franzman doesn't have a job lined up. Dale, on the other hand, who has a manager and an agent, has received lots of calls and offers in the entertainment industry.

Franzman's mom, the only relative who knew the show's outcome before last night, said she never dreamed her daughter would come home Queen of the Outback.

"Natalie's never been the type of girl who falls in love with every single guy she goes out with. She wouldn't even give out her phone number, so I didn't expect that she would come back in love or even make it in the Outback."

Looking back, she still finds humor in her daughter's first observation of her new boyfriend when she arrived in the Outback. "She said, 'Mom, I thought he was George of the Jungle. I thought he was our tour guide.'"

Shortly before the series started its run, Franzman and Dale managed to get away to Cabo San Lucas for a vacation. Franzman also admitted that she and Dale sneaked visits when she was in Los Angeles promoting the show, always fearing they'd get caught.

"I want to take him to Louisville to meet my friends and family, and he wants to take me to Australia," she said. "We have a lot on our plates for the next couple of months."

Should we expect to hear wedding bells soon?

"I think in the back of our minds we kind of know that we may spend the rest of our lives with each other something special happened out there," Franzman said. "But we don't want to jinx anything, so we don't want to rush into anything."

What if TBS offered to foot the bill for an Outback wedding? Would she consider it then?

"Only if our honeymoon wasn't spent in a tent and bugs weren't the dessert," said Franzman, before letting out one of her silly laughs.

Maybe we are wrong and it is true love? Nahh ....I doubt it....they are both just opportunists.
    Last edited by Krispy; 08-11-2004 at 11:30 AM.

The broccoli must die!!! Canada Champ's Avatar
    "What do you admire most about each of the final two girls?" (Kelli from Tallassee, AL)
    Marissa's strength, Natalie's smile.

"What is the first thing that attracts you to a woman?" (Monique from Corner Brook) Her smile.

That should have been the tip-off right there.

She's 21??? Man, all that make up adds miles.

LG.
    I liked the ending, and thought that Jack's feelings for Natalie were genuine. The telling part for me was when Jack was comparing "instant" attraction, a/k/a lust for Marissa, and compared that with the growing feelings over time developing into a love, or at least real affection, for Natalie.

It was cheesy for them to walk right past Jack to hop on the boat, but I guess reality tv has a duty to be cheesy.

I wish them the best, and I'm happy that feet on the dining room table Marissa is left out back in the Outback.
    Help fight cystic fibrosis or just learn more about it at the cystic fibrosis foundation website, www.cff.org and help give my little guy a better future.

What an awesome article!! Thanks for posting it...I wonder is it possible this will be the first lasting match a man has picked out??
    Big: You know, Manhattan has a lot of beautiful women.
    Carrie: What an amazing observation!
    Big: But the thing is, after awhile, you just wanna be with the one who makes you laugh.
    ~ Sex and the City

unce,tice,fee tinesa mady strawberieblond's Avatar
    Up until last night I honestly thought Marissa had it in the bag.....I knew Vadim had fun with Nat and she made him (and all the rest of us!) laugh but I figured that even though he seemed sweeter, more genuine and level headed than the usual male reality show fodder, that he would, in the end, do his selecting with *ahem*......"little Jack". And then during the show I saw the way he LOOKED at Natalie and I said "He's going to pick Natalie!! Look at the way he's LOOKING at her!!" I've honestly never seen more of a guy's heart in his eyes on TV (possible exception for Ian's proposal to Meredith) I have to give him major props for being able to tell the difference between sexual attraction (the old much touted "chemistry", which can only be discerned with groping and loads of tongue action....lol) and the real deal. I would put money on a couple that jokes around and laughs together and genuinely cares for each other over a couple that spends all their time draped over each other like an octopus but has nothing to say otherwise.....any day! So ANYhoo........IMO they would have had to put a paper sack over his head while he was talking to Nat last night in order to continue to keep us in suspense over his decision. I wish them all the best....as a firm believer in the "opposites attract" thing personally....*s*.
    Cake or Death?

FORT Newbie
    Watching the finale last night, there were a couple of interviews with Marissa that I SWEAR were filmed much later. One of the things that always bothered me about Marissa were her dark roots - and in these interviews (there were two, and she was in a sort of minty green top) her hair looked longer and there were no roots. The next set of interviews were of her by herself when Natalie was on her one-on-one date. In those she looks the same and she's wearing the same blue top as she was that day. Did anyone else catch this? I swear, either I read these message boards too much or these shows are really getting ridiculous with the editing.

Quote Originally Posted by berries
    I don't think his answers make any more sense now than they did when I read them earlier, and thought he'd pick Marissa!
    All I can say is that I was very disappointed in the outcome. After all the talk about how he wears his heart on his sleeve... I'm sorry, I just don't see it! The way he was with Marissa on their last day was pretty hot & steamy... then his date with Natalie looked like he was with his buddy... Where's the LOVE?!?!
    I feel really let down - I was expecting to get all emotional and have a good cry about having watched a couple fall in love, and NOTHING!! I just feel so let down.
    Once again, Berries, we agree. I was VERY disappointed with the show ending. What happened to Vadim's "I am a one woman man" and "I believe in monogamy". Then . . he is hot and very heavy with Marissa from beginning to end, tells her she is his heart and soul, and then picks Natalie?? WHAT HAPPENED?? Sorry, but I saw no heavy duty loving from the two of them (even at the end) and never got the sense that they were into each other romantically. It was more of a best buds or big brother/little sister. The sibling type of relationship appeared so strong, it felt kind of incestual watching them kiss.

I have two reads on the ending:
    1. It was scripted to end up that way - since Natalie was the most dependent on him of the group and the opposites attract scenario was so predictible.
    2. He was afraid of his feelings for Marissa and instead of following his heart, led with his head. Natalie is fun and easy going - less stress on the ol' emotions. Plus Marissa is more independent and doesn't need him as much as Natalie and he likes dependent women.

FORT Newbie
    Strawberie, you saw the same thing I saw.
    I knew shortly after the final show started that he would pick Nat.
    They must have really cut out a lot to fool us this much. There had to be more between them than was shown on other shows, because, you could just see last night when he looked at her or touched her, that he adored her!
    I saw so much love in his eyes last night.
    Especially when they were talking for the last time in the tent before the final ceremony.
    I think they could make it, she is just the type he wanted, someone to spoil and protect.
    I also can see her settling down and having kids much more than I can see Marissa doing it.
    Natalie probably would make a great mother, she seems so full of affection and fun.
    Good luck to them, we need a Happy Ever After!

PS. I just adore that man!

+ Reply to Thread