+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: 8/10 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

[QUOTE=berries]I'm sorry, I just don't see it! The way he was with Marissa on their last day was pretty hot & steamy... then his date with Natalie looked like he was with his buddy... Where's the LOVE?!?!
    QUOTE]

When I saw that berries I pretty much knew he picked Natalie. That just smelled of editing.
    Last edited by Tigerusty; 08-11-2004 at 03:18 AM.
    "So, what is fame? It's lightening that strikes some people. It's lightening that some people seek." Jewel

Quote Originally Posted by kaypasa2

I've got to agree that it was obvious he was going to pick Natalie because of the way it was edited to show all the hot and heavy stuff with Marissa. We skeptics could easily spot it. I knew there was something special between Jack and Natalie, when she was straddling him at that club in Perth.
    Such a satisfying ending and a really cute show.

That's exactly the point when I said Natalie could win this thing.
    "So, what is fame? It's lightening that strikes some people. It's lightening that some people seek." Jewel

Natalie is hilarious, I forgot about her talking about the bug staring at her when she woke up. I am glad he picked her because she seemed like the better girl. That is one girl you could never get sick of and always have fun with. I just thought it was kind of cold to have them walk by Marissa in the end. Best of luck to them and hopefully it lasts forever.

Quote Originally Posted by strawberieblond
    Glad he picked Nat....she is a hoot and I think they really like each other (as opposed to merely having hot pants for Marissa)......but I DO think that it was COLD to have the two of them walk out to their catamaran to sail into the sunset right in FRONT of Marissa! Nothing like rubbing it in! Not quite in the same realm as leaving someone in a wedding dress standing on the street in front of a chapel.......but still........
    I agree that the exit was almost as cheesy as Average Joe 1 when Jason was peaking out the plane window while Melana was ditching Adam. I wasn't the biggest fan of Marissa, but that exit was downright yucky. I still don't understand the passion with Marissa on the final date and the pretty lukewarm date with Nat and then picking Nat. Hey NASH/TBS why don't you air a show of the bloopers and uncut scenes involving Vadim and Nat, if there really was a connection not shown during the series. Good idea for a follow up.
    Never kick a fresh turd on a hot day---Harry S. Truman

trouble, trouble, trouble thepunkin's Avatar
    I'm doing the happy dance cuz Natalie won!!!!!! I know it seemed like things were hot and heavy with Marissa, but I kept seeing little things with Nat that didn't make sense. For example, last night when Jack and Marissa left for their date, Jack leaned over and squeezed Nat's arm and touched her on the head as if to comfort her. And then at the pre-Maria exit conversations, He gave Nat that speech about whatever happens...with tears in his eyes. It seemed to me he was saying words he had been made to say, but his emotions were saying I don't mean this and I'm sorry.

There was chemistry with Marissa, but for heavens sake, when they weren't kissing there was nothing but conflict. Someone said where is the love, but with Jack and Marissa I say where is the fun? I also thought Marissa capped it all by once again showing her witchy side when Jack and Nat returned from their one-on-one date. She was more than cheeky--she was mean and rude. Compare that to Nat's perky hello when she was in the same postion.

I think we were in editing hell, and would love to see more or Nat and Jack. I hope we get to see more of them,and I wish them well. Maybe they will escape the dating show curse because they have such a good friendship as well as the hots for each other.

FORT Newbie

Should be buddies.

[QUOTE=Tigerusty]
    Quote Originally Posted by berries
    I'm sorry, I just don't see it! The way he was with Marissa on their last day was pretty hot & steamy... then his date with Natalie looked like he was with his buddy... Where's the LOVE?!?!
    QUOTE]
    Quote Originally Posted by berries

When I saw that berries I pretty much knew he picked Natalie. That just smelled of editing.
    Let me let you guys in a little secret. You had better marry someone who is your buddy.

Passion is great and it should never die in a relationship but it's just like icing on a cake, it's sweet and everyone loves it but it's not the part of the cake that fills you up.

No matter how much passion you feel for a person if you can't buddy around with them then you aren't going to be with them very long.

Quote Originally Posted by thepunkin
    I'm doing the happy dance cuz Natalie won!!!!!! I know it seemed like things were hot and heavy with Marissa, but I kept seeing little things with Nat that didn't make sense. For example, last night when Jack and Marissa left for their date, Jack leaned over and squeezed Nat's arm and touched her on the head as if to comfort her. And then at the pre-Maria exit conversations, He gave Nat that speech about whatever happens...with tears in his eyes. It seemed to me he was saying words he had been made to say, but his emotions were saying I don't mean this and I'm sorry.

There was chemistry with Marissa, but for heavens sake, when they weren't kissing there was nothing but conflict. Someone said where is the love, but with Jack and Marissa I say where is the fun? I also thought Marissa capped it all by once again showing her witchy side when Jack and Nat returned from their one-on-one date. She was more than cheeky--she was mean and rude. Compare that to Nat's perky hello when she was in the same postion.

I think we were in editing hell, and would love to see more or Nat and Jack. I hope we get to see more of them,and I wish them well. Maybe they will escape the dating show curse because they have such a good friendship as well as the hots for each other.
    I saw all of this also. Plus add the adoring looks he gave her when she spoke. Wowsa! I also think the "Princess" and "Sweetheart" gave it away. It seems on previous reality romance shows that if there was a pet name for one or the other, the editors were doing some heavy work to him what was really going on!
    "There is only one pretty child and every mother has it"

Another example...when they were on the ATV's together and Nat put her arms around Jack , he grabbed her hand and gave it a hug...I agree with the person who said other than kissing with Marissa there was nothing! Boy she didn't even shed a tear when all was said and done. Someone once said she might have been paid by TBS, and her lack of emotion kinda backs that theory.

FORT Newbie

WOOOHOOOO! He picked his Princess!!!!!!!!!!!!

...oh dang! That means it's over...

p.s. Hot and steamy evaporate pretty quickly. He said himself there was physical attraction between Marissa and him, but he wasn't sure if there was more. Jack and Nat did have chemistry--perhaps those of you who didn't see it were off to the loo during those parts. There was the lap kiss in Perth, then during their date at the homestead he said their kiss was "electric." Nat said she was excited when she was with him and felt the "sparks." She just wasn't all over him like Marissa and Maria, who seemed to think aggressive sexual overtures were the way to snare their man. And Marissa was always talking about "winning the game"--where's the love there? I could feel there was something off between Jack and Marissa. During the last couple of eliminations, he only held her with one of his hands, keeping the other planted on his hip, whereas he always used two with Nat. It was like he was drawn to Marissa on the one hand, but holding back on the other. His answer "when can you really trust anyone?" I think was an evasive way of saying he never did fully trust her--and apparently, watching her on the TV didn't change his mind.

Jack himself said it best: "There's a difference between love that happens instantly, and love that grows over time."

The first burns out, the other has a chance of continuing to grow.

And they won't be living in the Outback. Jack has TV contracts in L.A., and Nat has quit her job in Kentucky (managing a hair salon) and found a new one in L.A., so they've both moved to be together (in the city.) Today they were both flying to Australia for a few weeks. And they've talked every day since the show ended. I think they've got as good a shot at this as anyone does, especially since his Princess is the kind of woman he said he wanted--someone he can pamper and take care of.

(You can see an update article about them from USA Today posted at the TBS fan forum.) (This forum won't let me post the web address, you'll have to find it on your own...)

Bye, it's been fun.

Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Slam
    Let me let you guys in a little secret. You had better marry someone who is your buddy.

Passion is great and it should never die in a relationship but it's just like icing on a cake, it's sweet and everyone loves it but it's not the part of the cake that fills you up.

No matter how much passion you feel for a person if you can't buddy around with them then you aren't going to be with them very long.
    You are so right!

+ Reply to Thread