+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: 8/10 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Danger Bunny
    Jack: From day one, you caught my eye. On many occasions that we spent together I felt a connection with you. You captured my heart and my soul.
    When I read this again what I notice is that he says "captured"... past tense. I think he was still talking about back in the beginning and not necessarily saying that she still had his heart and soul at the end.

I am sorry to all those who love the ending and are happy he chose Natalie - but, I thought it sucked. He has nothing in common with her and showed no passion that I could see. Yet, he was enthralled with Marissa throughout the whole show even the last date. Then the heart and soul comment and chose Nat. I think he was afraid of his feelings for Marissa and knew that, although she may have wanted him, she didn't need him. On the other hand, he thinks Miss Natalie does NEED him. He has said he dislikes independent women and wants to protect his woman. Sounds controlling to me and quite macho. Unfortunately for Marissa and fortunately for Natalie, Vadim is a Neanderthal (a beautiful, hunky, charming one), but a Neanderthal. Hopefully, Natalie won't want her independence. If so, she may lose him to some needier girl.

about the Nat/Marissa choice. I can't agree with any negative comments about Vadim, though. I think he was just scared about trusting his heart to Marissa. Chickensh*t is the worse thing I can say about him!
    ShellieBean

I've got a heart full of rubberbands...and they keep getting caught on things. Butterfly Boucher

Alright, if he really was scared and wanted to pick Marissa but didnit, which I don't buy for a milisecond, why didn't he? What stopped him from pciking the one you guys think he loved?? I just don't understand that...
    Big: You know, Manhattan has a lot of beautiful women.
    Carrie: What an amazing observation!
    Big: But the thing is, after awhile, you just wanna be with the one who makes you laugh.
    ~ Sex and the City

LG.
    and he's moved from Australia to live in LA with a woman he only picked because TBS told him too :rolleyes
    Help fight cystic fibrosis or just learn more about it at the cystic fibrosis foundation website, www.cff.org and help give my little guy a better future.

Quote Originally Posted by Alanna
    Alright, if he really was scared and wanted to pick Marissa but didnit, which I don't buy for a milisecond, why didn't he? What stopped him from pciking the one you guys think he loved?? I just don't understand that...
    I'm with you. Vadim's a grown man who's not afraid of spiders or snakes or crocs, or picking the girl his mom said was least compatible. My gut feeling is that he probably had Natalie pegged from very early on. I think that necklace he wore meant something special to him, and I doubt that he would have given it to any of the other girls if they had asked for it.

I think he cut Cortney and Maria because they were developing feelings for him that he couldn't reciprocate, and keeping them longer would mean hurting them more. I think he knew that Marissa wasn't in love with him, was only playing a game, and was the safest one to bring to the end. Although there was no doubt he was physically attracted to her, as he was to all the girls. He's not blind. Or dead!

His interview answers just cracked me up. They were the shortest, most non-committal answers I've ever heard. Did he actually give us any info we hadn't already seen on screen?

The one thing we should remember is that both Vadim and J.D. have said that the editing of the women was fair. We saw the real Marissa, the real Natalie, etc.

Lastly, I don't see Vadim as a neanderthal at all, but as an old-fashioned kind of bloke. One who believes in putting his gal up on a pedestal and tending to her every whim. Now where can I find one of those.......
    "I'm telling you - it's a madhouse out there. I feel like Charlton Heston waking up in the field and seeing the chimp on top of the pony." ~ Dennis Miller

He wasn't forced to take Nat. That's ridiculous.
    It's all about the editing.

Given his personality and what he has said about his desires, he absolutely would not have been a good match for Marissa, nor she for him - she is far too independent. However, their sexual attraction was evident to us all. However, although his choice of Natalie is understandable, I still can't help but doubt that the physical attraction is very strong - at least not strong enough to move their relationship beyond friendship.

I have to say that I feel that his treatment of Marissa by leading her on (regardless of what we think she felt for him) was shabby. Also, his treatment of Natalie by continuing his passionate encounters with Marissa til the end was not too cool. But - it was his choice, regardless of what we think and he has to live with it.

Quote Originally Posted by aname
    I am sorry to all those who love the ending and are happy he chose Natalie - but, I thought it sucked. He has nothing in common with her and showed no passion that I could see.
    Um, I wouldn't try to presume what someone may or may not have felt--there's no way of knowing unless you are that person. Vadim/"Jack" and Natalie shared a sense of humor, for one thing, and were very comfortable together.

I mentioned it before, but I'm happy at the outcome. Natalie seems to be a sweet and very funny person, and I wish her and Vadim a lasting relationship together.

While I can't argue if Nat was the best choice for Jack or not, since I'm not him, I still strongly feel that the way he behaved with Marissa on that final date was inappropriate. If I was Nat, I would be hurt. It went beyond the physical intimacy necessary to make a good show--so that excuse wouldn't hold water with me. We all saw Jack turn Maria down in a gentlemanly manner without it appearing that he was not attracked to her, but when it came to Marissa he was trying at ever turn to touch and kiss her. Even before they snorkeled he bent down and kissed her before placing her snorkel in her mouth, that was very intimate and sweet, but not necessary for the show. My point?? I don't know, it just bothered me. Regardless of who was selected, it was in poor taste. He played the field up until the last minute which might be ok in the rules of reality tv, but not so much in real life.

+ Reply to Thread