+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: 8/10 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Thats kewl Pidge.. Glad they all can be friends, since they didnt even tell her goodbye before hopping on the Titanic.

Ok I'm jumping into the discussion late, I know, but here are my thoughts regarding the fact that Jack and Nat are so diff and he'll have to do everything for her because she's a bit ditzy...

I think Jack likes that, I mean I've seriously never heard a guy outright say he loves to "pamper his princess," WTF? That just makes me laugh. I don't know, but most (actually ALL) guys I know would NEVER hear the end of it from their friends after uttering anything close to that. So yea it's a bit odd to us that he went for her over the gal that can take care fo herself but this is what he loves and probably needs.

I also think he has a bit of a "Superman" complex, he always needs to the rescuer, he can never appear weak, he always had to take care of the girls, and on and on and on this went during the show. A prime example is him not putting on the life- jacket in the last ep-- even Nat pointed that out. Not that this is bad but he needs someone he can protect from the world, someone to crawl into his arms and tell him how strong he is and how safe she feels with him. I can't see Marissa doing that, in fact I can see him needing protection from her if she ever got angry at him, lol.

As someone pointed out, Nick and Jessica are somewhat like this. He does whine about having to 'watch' after her, but I think deep down he loves the fact that he's needed by a beautiful woman--- no reason this can't be Nat and Jack later on.

I wanted to also comment on the "heart and soul" thing he said to Marissa. I kind got that to mean that at first she captured his heart and soul, but in the end he realized what he was feeling wasn't real. Otherwise, he must have misspoken because even if the producers forced him to go for Nat, they wouldn't have allowed him to say that. Or if he chose to go with his head and not his heart, there is also no reason why he would say that to her, admitting he knows that Nat is the wrong choice. So based on that it can only be one of the two possibilities above.

And as always I wish them only the best, they seem like a completely adorable and genuine couple to me.
    Last edited by Alanna; 08-12-2004 at 12:47 AM.
    Big: You know, Manhattan has a lot of beautiful women.
    Carrie: What an amazing observation!
    Big: But the thing is, after awhile, you just wanna be with the one who makes you laugh.
    ~ Sex and the City

He had said earlier in the season that he wanted a lady to pamper, and if anyone wanted pampering its Natalie. I am glad he picked her and not Marissa. She is nothing but a stuck-up twit and I loved that she had to watch the two of them walk down to the water and get on the Catamaran. May Nat and Vadim have a long relationship together.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!" -- Steve Parker

Help feed a dog or cat http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/c...s/CTDSites.woa

It's all a Mystery to Me KaiCee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ilikai
    He had said earlier in the season that he wanted a lady to pamper, and if anyone wanted pampering its Natalie. I am glad he picked her and not Marissa. She is nothing but a stuck-up twit and I loved that she had to watch the two of them walk down to the water and get on the Catamaran. May Nat and Vadim have a long relationship together.
    I am such a romantic...I think that maybe Natalie and Vadim will make it. I know, I know...reality tv show contestant relationships don't last. But with this one, Vadim didn't pick the hottest, prettiest lady of the bunch. Natalie is cute...but there were cuter girls. He picked for some other reason. Who knows? Maybe love? (hey, I can hope...can't I?). And Natalie didn't fall for him right away (in other words...go into ga ga mode). I loved how her nose crinkled when she smiled. Okay...I loved this ending. I didn't really have a favorite (except I didn't like Marissa too much) but I am happy Natalie won. I hope they make it...
    When you learn, teach. When you get, give. ~ Maya Angelou

I'm glad Natalie won. She was far more genuine than smug Marissa. I liked when Jack came over to Natalie at the end, and she asked him how *he* was doing--wasn't just thinking about herself. The season was a humorous one and has been my favorite show. I'll miss my weekly laughs. I hope they have a lasting, loving, and fun-filled relationship.
    Paintin' the Town Blue!

It's been great to read through all of the posts and see the different opinions regarding this last show. I know I'm in the minority camp here... but I was shocked by Jack's actions and final choice. I think Nat is a great girl, funny and all that, but the fact that he selected her says alot about him that we probably weren't shown on tv. His "Jack" tv persona had to be this stoic hero guy, but I think in actuality if we saw more of him, he would be this goofy guy--like the outtakes showed a bit. The cold beach shower scene was a good indicator of a different side to him, those facial expressions were almost bizzare! If his true personality was this macho hero guy then it is hard for some of us to picture him with Nat, but if in fact he is a goof ball too, then Nat would be a great choice.

That said, I have a REAL problem with any reality dating person that is down to the final 2 and continues to crawl all over the soon-to-be-elimiated person. He HAD to have known he was selecting Nat so to engage Marissa in that much physical intimacy was pretty disgusting in my opinion, and disrespectful to Nat. If he was truely still struggling with his decision on these final dates, then how genuine could his feelings for Nat have been? It reeked of Bob the Guiney Pig from The Bachelor, always trying to get one last peice of action before he let the next girl go. There is a way to give the producers what they need to make a suspensefull final episode that doesn't include french kissing the loser. Good thing Nat is young, since she is more likely to believe his excuses for his actions.

Bopping to my own beat! realityluver's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ilikai
    I am glad he picked her and not Marissa. She is nothing but a stuck-up twit and I loved that she had to watch the two of them walk down to the water and get on the Catamaran. May Nat and Vadim have a long relationship together.

Every move Marissa made was very calculating. It was only a matter of time before he caught on to it. Marissa was in it to win it... not for love. I think he made the right decision.
    Phenomenal woman... that's me!!!

Jack's actions with Marissa

I disagree Minney. I watched the whole Meredith/Ian Bachelorette. And it came out after the show that she was NOT AT ALL divided or confused about her choice. But the producers made her keep up her end of the contract and go on the last couple of dates with Matt. And she had to make it look real - as if she were in love with 2 guys. Or the show would have been over 3 episodes before the end and she would have been in breach of contract. We who looked for the
    little signs saw them and knew she was going through the motions when kissing Matt and making out with Matt, but the public in the AOL poll or the ABC poll were convinced by a huge majority that it was Matt. So was Matt. Her acting skill plus editing worked. Same here. We too can see the signs at the end - the way Jack touched Nat both before and after his last date with Marissa. Etc.
    I dont blame him at all . It's what you HAVE to do on these dating shows. So I assume Nat understands.

Being an obsessed Mer and Ian fan, I pretty much have every episode memorized! I am one who could tell early on it was Ian and thought Mer did a great job of showing just the respectable amount of interest with Matt to make good tv, but she didn't stick her tongue down his throat to make it look convincing. But we digress by discussing a different show. My point was that I lose respect (did I ever have any?)for the reality tv participant that goes beyond the scope of the show to induce physically intimate moments when they don't intend to select that person. I think it is disrespectful to all of the persons involved.

Minney,

I agree with a lot of what you said....but Vadim/Jack is nothing close to Bachelor Bob Guiney Pig! He held back a lot except with Marissa, and I truly believe he wasn't sure at that point who he was going to pick. Bob was slobbering all over every girl from day one, and was a disgusting pig. Vadim is the other end of the spectrum in my opinion! I truly belive he's a good man...although he has bad taste! LOL IMO, of course!
    ShellieBean

I've got a heart full of rubberbands...and they keep getting caught on things. Butterfly Boucher

+ Reply to Thread