+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: 8/10 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by berries
    Well, considering this was a first reality show for TBS, I liked it - up until this last show. I don't know if that was the fault of TBS or Vadim/Jack...
    I think as soon as Natalie starts missing her Mom (they seemed very close) she'll be heading back home... Will Vadim follow? Hmmm... he may be fed up with her incessant whining by then!
    The three of us and a few others seem to share the same opinions. Hmm . maybe we were watching a different Outback Jack. Natalie would certainly get on my nerves and she seems like the stereotypical "dumb blond". But then Jessica Simpson has pulled it off and her husband loves her. Maybe Vadim likes the airhead type. Then - what did he see in Marissa. She is certainly no airhead. In fact, she was one of the brighter ones on the show. Maybe - that was the problem, she was too bright and he was very threatened. He has indeed done a disservice to both ladies. You know - a relationship built on a nice smile and cute remarks doesn't last too long.

Totally loved this show up until the end. I was disappointed, as so many of you are, with Jack's heart and soul comment to Marissa before he dumped her then walking past her to the boat. Oh yeah, lots of editing done on this show to make me believe he had the hots for Marissa and Nat was just a fun pal. What a shock! Yes, Nat was funny but she was catty and that was just part of her age. Marissa had a class exit (although the feet on the table incident dropped her status of class) and I felt cheated in the end.

Bravo TBS on the editing. You had me fooled.

Not to mention they are completely opposite of each other.. and have no common ground. I have heard the saying "opposites attract", but my ex hubby and I had no common ground, and we made it for 7 years before it ended. So, I am not sure that opposites make it through a long term relationship, and eventually do end.
    Last edited by canadian_bunny; 08-11-2004 at 09:27 PM.

His main "reason" for picking Natalie seemed to be because she made him laugh...
    I wonder if he'll realize that most of the laughing was done AT Natalie for the ridiculous things she said, and that a lot of the things she says come out sounding funny because of her ignorance or naivete...
    Shoulda listened to Mumsie, m'boy!

I have been thinking about why many would think that Jack should not be so overwhelmingly attracted to Natalie. I have seen marriages between 2 people where the woman was a complete ditz...the nicest and funniest of women, but not able to or want to function independently. Her husband does most of the cooking, etc. because he wants to. He loves to pamper her and they have been married more than 30 years. The woman does admit though that should anything happen to her husband, she would be pretty well lost. Some opposites not only attract, but also co-habitate very well.
    Never kick a fresh turd on a hot day---Harry S. Truman

Quote Originally Posted by berries
    His main "reason" for picking Natalie seemed to be because she made him laugh...
    I wonder if he'll realize that most of the laughing was done AT Natalie for the ridiculous things she said, and that a lot of the things she says come out sounding funny because of her ignorance or naivete...
    Shoulda listened to Mumsie, m'boy!
    Boy CB, berries and aname. Natalie must remind you ladies of someone you hated in high school.
    "So, what is fame? It's lightening that strikes some people. It's lightening that some people seek." Jewel

I dont hate Natalie.. I just dont see the connection between her and Jack, and if he claims his heart and soul will always be Marissa's than why the heck is he with Natalie? I think Natalie is cute and funny. I dont think I hated anyone in high school, may have hated their behavior, but not the person.

Quote Originally Posted by canadian_bunny
    I dont hate Natalie.. I just dont see the connection between her and Jack, and if he claims his heart and soul will always be Marissa's than why the heck is he with Natalie? I think Natalie is cute and funny. I dont think I hated anyone in high school, may have hated their behavior, but not the person.
    Sorry CB, I didn't think you would take me seriously. I was just having fun with you all because of the passion you're showing regarding you're dissapointment in Jack's pick. Only time will tell if the feelings are real but I could definately see it brewing way back when I was still hoping my girl Cortney would win.
    "So, what is fame? It's lightening that strikes some people. It's lightening that some people seek." Jewel

Yeah I guess he did mislead Courtney too during the Shopping Spree/Spa and Pampering episode. I just dont think it is fair to Natalie, if his heart and soul belongs to someone else. Natalie deserves to have his ALL.. just like she gives him her ALL. Remember when he asked Maria if she was monogomous (spelling prob not right) in a relationship?? How can he say he is if his heart and soul is with another? Thats the only thing that bothers me about the ending. Not that he selected Natalie, but that he is saying one thing and doing another. Just doesnt seem fair to the girls IMO.

Truth really is stranger than fiction...

All 3 of them are living in L.A.
    Nat and Vadim are living together.
    Marissa keeps in touch with them and now says it's "for the best."

I didn't think Nat was dumb (just out of her element) and I didn't think Marissa was that brainiac some seem to think she was.
    Last edited by pidge; 08-12-2004 at 12:02 AM.

+ Reply to Thread