+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678

Thread: 8/3 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

well maybe - but I think that this resort has different levels of accomodation. The homestead - where the episode took place was the top choice . Maybe she stayed at a more "regular" part of the complex. Ask her on the TBS website "pose a question" thing. YOu could win a signed poster!!!@!!!!! Ha.

trouble, trouble, trouble thepunkin's Avatar
    As much as I would love to see Natalie be the last girl standing, the show editing seems to be purposefully trying to make Marissa look like she is in trouble. So, of course, I don't believe it!! After their one-on-one dates, they showed Jack in a confessional saying that he was really having trouble talking comfortably with Marissa "today". Well, on second viewing ( no, I don't have a life!! ) I noticed it was obviously daytime while he was talking, so it couldn't have been after those dates--which occurred at night. So, what day was Jack referring to?!

I agree Marissa "overhearing" the girls talk about her seemed staged. Perhaps they were trying to make her gain some viewer sympathy since she is going to win. It didn't work!!

As much as I don't like Marissa, there is undeniable chemistry there. :phhht It's like Mumsy said--if I think with my head, I can find signs that point to Natalie. If I think with my heart and my gut it seems like a home run for Marissa.

He used the word pamper (I find that odd) and he must realize these girls are high maintenance no matter how well they have taken to the Outback for the show. If he had said he wanted to take care of one of the girls it would have made more sense.

Stellarbetty, I'd never be surprised about anything coming up in these reality shows, but I don't think he's a millionaire. Isn't he a safety foreman of some kind? Don't forget that in different countries they use different words differently LOL, so "pamper" to him probably does just mean "take care of". I noticed he uses a lot of proper words in his general communication, so that may be an "Australian thing" kinda like it is in England! LOL

I'd take the guy if he were penniless! He is HOT HOT HOT...and is such a sweetie pie...that combination alone is RARE!
    ShellieBean

I've got a heart full of rubberbands...and they keep getting caught on things. Butterfly Boucher

Quote Originally Posted by Stellarbetty
    I don't know if this is where I should post this but even after confirmation that the ranch Jack's mother was staying at wasn't hers - I am wondering if there isn't more to this show. Like maybe Jack is very wealthy?!

Reasons:

1. He wants someone he can pamper - until now we are suppose to believe the whole spa and special treatment thing is new to him but... how is he planning to pamper one of the girls? by serving them bugs on a silver platter and presenting them with a rattlesnake necklace? He used the word pamper (I find that odd) and he must realize these girls are high maintenance no matter how well they have taken to the Outback for the show. If he had said he wanted to take care of one of the girls it would have made more sense.

2. He has been so paranoid all along that the girls have other ulterior motives and wants to make sure they are true. He really laid it on with Marissa and it seemed to me it might be that he has more to offer than what we have already seen. A.K.A.a reversal of Joe Millionaire.
    Could you imagine? Jack is loaded - the girls would lose it.

3. The mother chose Marissa and was very impressed with Aristocratic looks as well as her mothers appearance.

Am I off my rocker?
    I don't think you're "off your rocker" Betty!
    You may be right... there's one other thing to add to your list:
    4. Meri-de said Jack had made some comment to her about being worried that Marissa might be a gold digger...
    (Obviously, if he WAS rich, that would be something he'd worry about!)
    In the world of reality TV, anything's possible!!

There might be some family money - how else could he finance all those adventures and sport type activities he has been enjoying. I seem to remember that he went to a good college (that costs money) and has traveled a lot. His jobs have been modeling, a construction foreman, and health and safety manager for a hospital - not high paying jobs, at least not in the US. Although, I do seem to recall a bio mentioning that he and mumsy live in a modest home in an upscale neighborhood of Melbourne. Of course, I am recalling off the top of my head and may have missed something.

Saying someone may be a gold digger (if he did indeed say that) would imply he has money, but it just seems unlikely to me for some reason.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678