+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: 8/3 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

[QUOTE=aname] Natalie is not only his total opposite, she has really shown very little passion in her feelings for him and that holds true for him also. That may have been true in the beginning but not now. I think the problem is that when Marissa left he let his focus lead to someone else and he started falling for Natalie and he's conflicted now that Marissa has returned. Imo he believe's that Natalie is better for him but he still lusts after Marissa. I think he was really hoping his mother would tell him that Marissa was no good for him.

QUOTE=aname]Did anyone notice where the girls were standing when the balloon took off. Marissa was right next to him and Nat was standing by Marissa, off to the side. She should have been next to him on the other side. I just don't feel she wants him. I think the reason that happened is because Natalie was still mourning the loss of Maria while Marissa was back in game form.

QUOTE=aname]Besides, she has said in interviews - it wasn't so much the guy as the experience because she had never gone camping before. That may have been a diversion as not to let anyone know who Jack picked. That could have been her trying to hide that he picked her by making people think he didn't. Sorta like saying. I didn't want him anyway, I wanted the experience. Or she could have been giving us a clue that he didn't pick her. Although I just love Natalie and the jury is still out for me with Marissa, actually I think the two women that were best for him he let get away. That's Cortney and Merie-de.
    Last edited by Tigerusty; 08-04-2004 at 05:47 PM.
    "So, what is fame? It's lightening that strikes some people. It's lightening that some people seek." Jewel

This guys so darn lovable who wouldn't bawl their eyes out when he sends you home. They almost had me in tears last night. I think Natalie is a scream, she's hilarious, but I just don't see her coming out on top. I think Marissa has been his choice from the beginning and continues to be. The only reason I don't want her to win is because of the way she has treated the other girls. I didn't care for the way Maria acted either - the way some of these women act is soooo childish :rolleyes
    Natalie on the other hand has stolen this show if you ask me.

From the corner of my eye Jewelsy's Avatar
    I just now watched last night's episode. All I know is that I am still crying hard. I personally thought Marie was the most compatible with Jack, and I truly felt she was real.

I think it's editing at fault for leading us to believe that there isn't somthing more between Jack and Natalie, which there obviously is for her to be final two. We don't really know how she got to be in the final two until this episode where he first mentions Natalie to his Mumsy. But in the end, who he chooses, it seems anti-climatic for me mostly because next to Adrienne, Maria was more anti-Marissa than Natalie and to have them face off would've made the other squirm. Now, it's more can't-talk-to-her-as-easily-as-the-other-girls-but-she-sure-can-kiss gal vs. she-has-grown-on-me-ever-since-the-first-show-and-opposites-attract gal.

Gee, I hate to kick a girl when she's down, but didn't Maria seem just a little overwraught? She lost it more than any reality dating show contestant I've ever seen who got eliminated. Usually they seem to be pretty able to hold themselves together until they make it to the cab or the exit video. She let go with the all out sobbing immediately. I'm not saying it isn't genuine. I'm just saying that a woman that dramatically, emotionally volatile may not be the best choice of mate anyway so he made a good choice. What would have happened after their first fight? Sobbing in his mother's arms made it all that more uncomfortable for everyone there.

FORT Newbie

Maria and Monogomy

Hi, I'm new here, but have been reading everyone's posts for a while.

I just wanted to say that I agree with who others have said is the reason why Maria was booted, except you forgot one thing!

Jack asked Maria point blank if she could be monogomous with him and she changed the subject right away! She never responded, or if she did, I sure didn't hear it. And with a question like that you want to make sure that your response is HEARD!

The fact that he even felt it necessary to ask the question says that he has had doubts about HER.

I think she is a very competitive woman who is used to getting what she wants and women like that feel the need to slam the competition not only to the person they are competing for but also to others around them. Maria was doing the exact same things that Marissa did the second Marissa left and yet she had the gall to critisize Marissa for it?????

As for Nat, well, I didn't like that she didn't have the strength of character to stand up to Maria and tell her that bad mouthing someone is just plain immature. It says a lot about her character as well. Jack needs a woman with strong convictions who stay true. Evidently neither Maria or Natalie has that kind of character. I was really disapointed in Nat, I did kinda like her up to that point, but not after.

A really big thing that I'm also suprised no one mentioned about Marissa is what her Mom said about her and her High School friends. It is REALLY hard to stay in touch with your HS friends, much less stay close. If Marissa is still friends with them that says a lot about her character. She can't be such a fake competitive witch and still maintain friends for that long. Not in my experience with that type of woman.

THEORY:
    When Jack and Marissa fell in love early on Jack probably went to the producers and said "What do I do now?" and they said, ok, we'll work something out. I have a feeling Jack and Marissa knew she was going to be the boomerang. I think the tearful good-byes were more along the lines of "I don't get to see you for some undisclosed time period" kind. The rest has been just all a set up to keep us watching.

BTW, If I were Marissa in her position, I would have b*tch-slapped those woman a long time ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Danger Bunny
    They can usually be found alone in their apartments on Friday nights.
    Well, that's just sad. Are you saying I am going to have to go knock on doors?

Auroradawn, I think you hit the nail on the head. I think Jack and Marissa have been drawn to one another since the beginning and I think they are a great couple.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

Quote Originally Posted by AuroraDawn
    As for Nat, well, I didn't like that she didn't have the strength of character to stand up to Maria and tell her that bad mouthing someone is just plain immature. It says a lot about her character as well. Jack needs a woman with strong convictions who stay true. Evidently neither Maria or Natalie has that kind of character. I was really disapointed in Nat, I did kinda like her up to that point, but not after.

A really big thing that I'm also suprised no one mentioned about Marissa is what her Mom said about her and her High School friends. It is REALLY hard to stay in touch with your HS friends, much less stay close. If Marissa is still friends with them that says a lot about her character. She can't be such a fake competitive witch and still maintain friends for that long. Not in my experience with that type of woman.
    First things first Aurora To the FORT

I disagree about the badmouthing thing because it's not like they were all friendly to her in front of her face and then started talking bad about her behind her back. They don't like each other they know it Jack knows it and everybody watching knows it. So I wouldn't have expected Natalie to stop Maria because Natalie agrees with her.

The High School friends point you made I totally agree with. But you can't come across to people as treating them like crap and then expect them to see your good side. I've said this before in a different way, when 1 or 2 people don't like you, you're probably being misunderstand by them. But when everybody can't stand you, you've got to take a hard look at yourself.
    "So, what is fame? It's lightening that strikes some people. It's lightening that some people seek." Jewel

Quote Originally Posted by dagwood
    Well, that's just sad. Are you saying I am going to have to go knock on doors?
    That could work, there are a lot of doors to knock on though... What I was saying (in a round about way) is Jack is a "nice guy", he's not a "bad boy" -- that means he spends a lot of Friday nights alone. He's specified that he's a one-woman guy so if he starts dating someone he won't date anyone else, even if it's not serious. He's the kind of guy that women always say they want but they won't date -- until their mid-thirties when they're ready to settle down.

He's the kind of guy that always answers the phone or returns your calls promptly, he'll be there when you have a spider to kill or you need a ride home from the airport, he'll talk to you on the phone all night when your boyfriend dumps you, he always remembers your birthday -- you know the type, the type you won't sleep with. He's your "guy friend".

Quote Originally Posted by Danger Bunny
    That could work, there are a lot of doors to knock on though... What I was saying (in a round about way) is Jack is a "nice guy", he's not a "bad boy" -- that means he spends a lot of Friday nights alone. He's specified that he's a one-woman guy so if he starts dating someone he won't date anyone else, even if it's not serious. He's the kind of guy that women always say they want but they won't date -- until their mid-thirties when they're ready to settle down.

He's the kind of guy that always answers the phone or returns your calls promptly, he'll be there when you have a spider to kill or you need a ride home from the airport, he'll talk to you on the phone all night when your boyfriend dumps you, he always remembers your birthday -- you know the type, the type you won't sleep with. He's your "guy friend".
    Why are you talking about me to other people DB? But seriously, that sounds so much like my life it's incredible.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast