+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: 8/3 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

I would never rely on my mother to know "my type"....No offense, but his mother has the wrong idea about Marissa. Understandable, since she only met her briefly.

FORT Newbie
    Like so many other people, Natalie is really growing on me. At first, she reminded me of Chrissy from Three's Company. She still seems a little ditzy, but really cute and alot of fun. I've never really liked Marissa. I don't really understand what Jack sees in her. There were definitely prettier girls than her on the show, and her personality doesn't seem to great. Men!!! Who can understand them?!?
    As for Maria's elimination, although she was not a favorite of mine, it was heart breaking. I was crying, because everyone can relate to her pain. It was obvious her feelings were genuine for Jack. Very sad...

Quote Originally Posted by berries
    I think it's definitely a case of the producers having to cover up the very obvious connection he has with Marissa. At the elimination, he said to Natalie all this stuff about how none of them is less than the others, blah blah blah... nothing personal about HER.... Then to Marissa, he says, "You know how I feel about you..."
    Also, Mum knows best... Natalie really isn't his type at all. "Mumsie" had the right idea - pick the best qualities of each girl & roll them into one!
    And once again, Berries, I agree with you. I think it was totally edited to conceal (or try to conceal) Jack's feelings toward Marissa. Actually, as opposed to several other opinions, I thought Marissa showed a lot of class when faced with difficult situations. The other girls blasting her was very uncool and made me want to defend her. I think "Jack" had a similar feeling when Maria blasted her so obviously - he looked annoyed.

Of course, he feels insecure about her. Doesn't everyone feel insecure when they fall in love? You are so unsure that another feels the same way, that you doubt their intentions constantly - it is a natural human reaction. Her telling him to follow his heart was beautiful. And . . she chose not to blast the others, either to him, or the camera. I thought she showed grace under fire.

Mom must know her son well and for her to feel Marissa would be the best for him was interesting. But she would be. Natalie is not only his total opposite, she has really shown very little passion in her feelings for him and that holds true for him also. Did anyone notice where the girls were standing when the balloon took off. Marissa was right next to him and Nat was standing by Marissa, off to the side. She should have been next to him on the other side. I just don't feel she wants him. Besides, she has said in interviews - it wasn't so much the guy as the experience because she had never gone camping before.

If he chooses Nat because she is safe and he feels comfortable around her, I'll throw a wadded up paper at the TV and call him a wuss. He should follow his mum's advice - go with his gut and follow his heart. He would soon tire of her - she is too young and too high maintenance. But, I can see that the show would like that scenario because it would be the perfect ending - rugged outdoors man teams up with prissy princess who hates to break a nail and likes to shop. Marissa would be too compatible.

...and once again, aname, I agree with you...! Excellent observations! I'll throw something at my TV too if he doesn't follow his heart & pick Marissa! (But I'm sure he will - he's a pretty smart guy... Well, smarter than a lot of our previous "bachelors"!!)

Quote Originally Posted by berries
    ...and once again, aname, I agree with you...! Excellent observations! I'll throw something at my TV too if he doesn't follow his heart & pick Marissa! (But I'm sure he will - he's a pretty smart guy... Well, smarter than a lot of our previous "bachelors"!!)
    Let's hope so! Marissa may not be perfect, but she is his best match and I personally think she has really fallen in love with him. You can't fake that kind of passion. He'd know if she did. I doubt that he is an inexperienced yokel when it comes to women - not with those looks and personality.

FORT Newbie
    Maybe it's just the editing, but I just don't get his "connection" or "passion" with Marissa. Even before last night, I didn't get it, and last night they both seemed so uncomfortable around each other, even when she sat is his lap and told him to follow his heart. May be its a case of trying not to let the camera know what's going on, but I just don't get it.

I still love Nat and am rooting for her- - Jack did say some great things about her last night but also said some things like he was preparing her to get booted. And I totally agree with Lightfoot. I was never a big fan of Maria, but felt really sorry for her last night; it was hard to watch, I thought she was going to fall down, she was so upset. Although, have you ever noticed that all these people that going on dating shows always say things like "I didn't think I would actually care about him, and I do and now it hurts so bad" blah, blah, blah. Well, why did they go on a romance/dating show if they didn't want to meet someone they would care about?

Boy, it is really interesting to see how different people see different things when watching these shows. I guess that's the fun part of these forums - you get to see how other people react to what they see and what conclusions they come up with. This is, of course, only true for reality shows, but good editing can make us see what is not there - or not see what is.

Quote Originally Posted by aname
    Let's hope so! Marissa may not be perfect, but she is his best match and I personally think she has really fallen in love with him. You can't fake that kind of passion. He'd know if she did. I doubt that he is an inexperienced yokel when it comes to women - not with those looks and personality.
    Kinda makes you wonder why some Aussie woman hasn't snatched him up yet!

I don't think that there is anything there with Marissa and "Jack". She keeps saying that she wants to "win". You don't win love; it happens. She is as fake as a three dollar bill, and I can see right through her. At first I was upset that she was booted, it was unfair and she was railroaded. But she came back and made a fool out of herself, her behaviour was appalling.
    I used to have a handle on life... but then it broke off.

FORT Newbie
    I haven't read in these threads threads something that I saw and heard after Marissa came back.
    After the helicopter ride and the dinner together, it showed the two of them standing, hugging, and Jack said.
    " You know when you left, you had this game won."
    She nodded and he said something about picking up where they left off or something like that.
    So, yes, I think he knew he wanted her from early in the show, and it has been edited to hide it.
    I think he must have been giving her a lot of reasons to be confident, and that was she didn't seem to be worried about the outcome.
    Also, he looked crushed when the other girls voted her off.
    If it is not Marissa in the end, I will faint from shock.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast