+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: 8/3 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

I was really angry at Maria the way she behaved last night. I think when it came time to have their heart to heart talk, instead of criticizing Marissa, she should had pleaded her case as to why she wanted to continue this journey with him. I also didnt like the way she was asking him what he thought of the others. That definitely was a no-no. I did feel for her when she was upset she wasn't chosen to continue on with them. The show had me thinking he was going to eliminate Marissa, especially when he told her he was struggling with knowing if she was in it for real. When Marissa had her time with Jack to tell him why she wanted to continue this journey with him, when discussing how the others thought of her, she could had very well told Jack what she heard them saying, instead she said she knew they didnt like her, but she wasnt here for them, she was here for him. That in itself should had secured any doubts Jack was having about her. Natalie and Maria were caught talking about Marissa behind her back, and she heard everything they said, and that was one bad quality I seen in the other girls. If Marissa would had been a real bitch, she would had went in there and told both girls off. Another good point about Marissa I noticed last night, when she and Jack had their alone time, he was standoffish. She told him when making his decison to follow his heart. She never told him or suggested in any way for him to pick her. I loved the videos of all three girls, and thought it helped the audience to know a little about each girl too. After last nights episode, my choice is still Marissa, I think she is more compatable to him. She's not one to let her feelings out right off, even her mom said in her video that Marissa is slow to make friends, but once you become her friend, shes there for life. Natalie is really cute and I enjoyed the things she was saying last night, especially when she was talking about eating the ants butt She is a beautiful girl and very funny, but she is not Jack's type, and his mother even said that. Both girls are good choices, so I am sure next week will be really tough for Jack. Good luck to Marissa and Natalie.
    Last edited by canadian_bunny; 08-04-2004 at 09:40 AM.

Thanks!

I just wanted to give a big thanks to those giving commentary on the show last night. We had some pretty bad storms last night and the satelite went out. It did not even TiVo the show.

So thanks for giving details!
    "There is only one pretty child and every mother has it"

FORT Fanatic
    Oregon-moved to Calif for school- finished school, still in CA
    Natalie has grown on me too. Putting the girls in difficult situations has given them the chance to change and mature and develop strength of character. Putting them in a Bachelor house for several weeks just breeds pettiness. This is what makes this show better than say "The Bachelor". Also I really like Jack. He has a good background of thinking of others instead of just what's in it for him. That showed last night at Maria's farewell.

I hope Natalie wins, but I think he'll pick Marissa. I do hope whoever it is, it is the right girl for him.

I agree with you satorus....I hope Nat wins, but its looking like Marissa will be the one. Only means the producers did a great job of editing, 'cause now we have a true "Good Vs Evil" thing going on. I hope they come out with a DVD on the whole show with stuff we didn't see on TV, so we can see all the relationships growing.

[QUOTE=canadian_bunny]Natalie and Maria were caught talking about Marissa behind her back, and she heard everything they said, and that was one bad quality I seen in the other girls. If Marissa would had been a real bitch, she would had went in there and told both girls off.QUOTE]

There's something about that scene that seemed a bit staged to me. I'm not even convinced that Marissa was really overhearing them. It's like they asked her to stand by the door and pretend that she was overhearing a conversation and then had her voice over that one word that Maria said, I don't remember what it was.
    "So, what is fame? It's lightening that strikes some people. It's lightening that some people seek." Jewel

Canadian Bunny, you said everything I wanted to say! I completely agree with your post and insight. This show often shows a scene twice, they did it last night with Jack and Nat's kiss. They showed it the first time, broke away to a interview with Jack (or Nat) and came back to the exact same scene, but made it look like they were still kissing the whole time. The edits on Marissa's date were obvious too, there isn't any way they sat and didn't speak the whole time, but that Jack still felt comfortable leaning in and kissing her... Jack's not that kind of guy and I doubt Marissa would accept a kiss from a guy that can't "trust" her. He is always kissing her. Jack's mum selecting Marissa is the topper, she seemed like a decent lady and she is so close with Jack she would know best.

I agree with you about the eavesdropping scene, minney... it just looked too staged! I think the producers are having the same problem on this show as they did with Meredith & Ian... a couple who's so much in love that they have to edit it to make it look like they're doubting their intentions, otherwise it would just be too obvious! I think when we see interviews after the show is over, we'll find out that he knew early on who it would be. (Just my opinion!)

Quote Originally Posted by berries
    I think it's definitely a case of the producers having to cover up the very obvious connection he has with Marissa.
    I watched the dates very carefully, Marissa is the only one Jack went in for a kiss with, Natalie and Maria both initiated their kisses. Unless Marissa does something major to piss Jack off it's a lock.

Quote Originally Posted by dagwood
    And, where can I find my own Jack? I want a guy that wants to pamper me. I am sick of being independant.
    They can usually be found alone in their apartments on Friday nights.

Natalie is a breath of fresh air! He's a total fool if he doesn't pick her.
    And I think he probably is a fool.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast