+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: 8/3 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Where to start!? I think the editors are really building up Nat and lowering Marissa's connection to keep us guessing for next weeks finale.

I was VERY disappointed in Maria and Nat's behavior tonight. Marissa didn't do anything to deserve their catiness tonight. As a matter of fact, I don't blame her for wanting to "win" just to get even with the other girls. There may only be a couple of years age difference between all of them, but they're acting like they are still in high school.

The broccoli must die!!! Canada Champ's Avatar
    I had no idea I would like this show so much, but it has grown on me.

Natalie is my favourite to win, although I dont like to use the word 'win'. That's something Marissa would do.

If Jack chooses Marissa, a lot of people are going to be upset. No, not upset, make that pissed off.

BTW, I wonder how Jack's mother likes calling his son "Jack". It must be weird for her.

FORT Newbie

We are being setup by the producers

I have a hard time believing all the chemistry Jack and Marissa had just disappeared. I think they needed to cool things off for the sake of the show and in the final episode, she will show her true colors again and Nat is gone.

I just don't see Jack and Nat together. Sure, opposites attract, but I don't see it in this case.

Did anyone else find it strange that Jack seemed so chilly about/to Marissa all night, but ended up picking her to continue? I smell a rat.

Did anyone catch the foreshadowing at the beginning of the show? Jack was talking about how one of these girls could be his lifelong mate and the producers cut very briefly to a shot of Jack and someone riding closely together.

All I can say is, watch out Jack because Maria is coming to kick your A$$ if my hunch is correct!

NewCreature
    <><

Quote Originally Posted by NewCreature
    I have a hard time believing all the chemistry Jack and Marissa had just disappeared. I think they needed to cool things off for the sake of the show and in the final episode, she will show her true colors again and Nat is gone.

I just don't see Jack and Nat together. Sure, opposites attract, but I don't see it in this case.

Did anyone else find it strange that Jack seemed so chilly about/to Marissa all night, but ended up picking her to continue? I smell a rat.

Did anyone catch the foreshadowing at the beginning of the show? Jack was talking about how one of these girls could be his lifelong mate and the producers cut very briefly to a shot of Jack and someone riding closely together.

All I can say is, watch out Jack because Maria is coming to kick your A$$ if my hunch is correct!

NewCreature
    <><
    or maybe they just want us to think we're being set up
    "So, what is fame? It's lightening that strikes some people. It's lightening that some people seek." Jewel

OK that had to be the saddest elimination ever and what Maria said about the parachute not opening was heartbreaking
    "So, what is fame? It's lightening that strikes some people. It's lightening that some people seek." Jewel

FORT Newbie

Natalie's humor + love

I agree with the posted comments. I think the producers are purposefully tuning down Marissa so that we will think she is out of Jack's life. Maybe Jack was even requested to say the parts about doubting Marissa. She undoubtedly will be Jack's choice. Marissa's goal is to be victorious. Jack is a bonus, but that's 2nd place to her need to be a competitive winner. Natalie on the other hand is fun. She squawks at new adventures, but accomplishes them in grand style. A long term relationship with her would be a mix of humor, love, and enduring friendship.

If Jack wants a girl who he can pamper and take care of, he needs my number. I definitely need a guy like that!

This ep was definitely heartbreaking. Maria made me cry. Good to see her make Jack cry. As much as I disliked things about her, it seemed like she genuinely was falling for Jack, and seeing her after he asked Marissa to stay, barely seeming like she could stand... that was hard. The girl was CRUSHED, and I can't blame her. Absolutely and completely rough. She should never have mentioned Marissa and the other girls, seemed too much like playin' a game.

Natalie... She may be growing on Jack, but she's also growing on me! I think she's the one I'm rooting for just because I don't think any of the last three girls are right for Jack. I don't think he'll really have long-term happiness with any of them, once the cameras are gone and the reality sets in. But Natalie seems like she's the most honest, sweet-tempered, and genuine of the bunch, and as the show reveals more about her, it seems like she does have some qualities that Jack is after. And I do think she's genuinely fallen for the guy, and that while they may not have a perfect romance, they COULD have a few months of fun with the chance of it getting deeper. I think a relationship with her might be enjoyable for him while it lasts, and I think she could be an interesting match for him. He (or the TV editing) brings out a very different side in her. And I think she'd be the most able to find a balance between her lifestyle and his.

The girl's sweet and I'm starting to like her. On day one of this show, I neeeveeer would have EVER thought that!

"Someone's boring me. I think it's me." ~Dylan Thomas

Natalie has really grown on me...she is the source of most of the memorable quotes for this show. And even though Jack confessed that he felt most comfortable with Natalie's family after viewing her video, I think that it may be a smokescreen. The fact that Jack's Mom picked Marissa as her favorite makes it pretty much a lock. The producers may have thrown in a toned-down date night with Marissa last night, but I think that Jack will still opt for Marissa. I knew Maria was on thin ice when she asked the fatal question about Jack's evaluation of the other women. (dating game no-no).
    Never kick a fresh turd on a hot day---Harry S. Truman

I think it's definitely a case of the producers having to cover up the very obvious connection he has with Marissa. At the elimination, he said to Natalie all this stuff about how none of them is less than the others, blah blah blah... nothing personal about HER.... Then to Marissa, he says, "You know how I feel about you..."
    Also, Mum knows best... Natalie really isn't his type at all. "Mumsie" had the right idea - pick the best qualities of each girl & roll them into one!

As much as I didn't like Maria, her departure did bring a tear to my eye, because she seemed so genuinely hurt by it. I'm pretty sure Marissa will be Jack's pick. They were definitely playing with the editing during their date...like when Jack said he was struggling, it showed Marissa, completely out of context just sitting there saying nothing with crickets in the background, then when she finally did say something, she was sitting a completely different way...they do that A LOT in this show! I also noticed the same shot shown twice at different times of Maria during the elimination (because there was no way she would've made the exact same face with the same tear, twice!). Aside from all that....why on earth aren't there more guys out there like "Jack"?! He seems absolutely PERFECT...and you can't play around with editing to make it seem that way! Geez!!!
    ShellieBean

I've got a heart full of rubberbands...and they keep getting caught on things. Butterfly Boucher

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast