+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Meri-de's Video Interview

Meri-de's Video Interview

I just watched Meri-de's video interview on The Outback Jack web-site and she said that Jack confided in her that he thinks that Marissa is a golddinger. I wonder what to make of that?
    "So, what is fame? It's lightening that strikes some people. It's lightening that some people seek." Jewel

I've heard that and find it interesting too, since no where has it been stated that Jack has money. I suppose golddigger could referr to someone that is looking for fame and Jack is questioning that about her, of course, he'd have to question all the remaining girls on that as well!!! I wonder if he's set his mind at ease regarding that since he stated to Marissa that he is now at ease with her reasons for being there. I have to wonder why and if he really did confide this to MereD. Stange thing to confide in someone else on the show...

I dont think that is true. Why would he tell her that?? Think about it these people are contracted out till these shows are over.. and they arent over yet. Meri-de wouldnt do anything to get fined for.

Quote Originally Posted by Tigerusty
    I just watched Meri-de's video interview on The Outback Jack web-site and she said that Jack confided in her that he thinks that Marissa is a golddinger. I wonder what to make of that?
    That's not exactly what she said, what she said was:
    "Him spilling his guts to me telling me that he could see Marissa as a gold-digger. You know, he told me he that he didn't think she was that genuine right off the bat but maybe he's getting to know her a little more".

Initially I could see all twelve of the original women as gold-diggers and I haven't seen anything to alleviate that. I can still see them as gold-diggers. I'm not sure what your point is though, are you concerned about the long term viability of their possible relationship? That's a minor matter compared to the fact that they live on opposite sides of the planet. Besides we know Jack does fairly well for himself so maybe he can afford her.

LG.
    those comments do seem to jive with what Jack said when he kept Marissa at the latest elimination, that he wasn't sure of her motivations, but is feeling more comfortable with her now.

I think on the very first show the ladies were told that there was a wealthy man involved, when they were flying them from LA to Oz (and the poor dears still thought that they'd spend the whole time in Sydney).
    Help fight cystic fibrosis or just learn more about it at the cystic fibrosis foundation website, www.cff.org and help give my little guy a better future.

Quote Originally Posted by Danger Bunny
    I'm not sure what your point is though, are you concerned about the long term viability of their possible relationship?
    I wasn't trying to make any point DB. I heard the comments and just thought I'd throw it out to the rest of the FORTees and get their thoughts. My feed kept re-buffering so it was hard for me to understand some of what she was saying.
    "So, what is fame? It's lightening that strikes some people. It's lightening that some people seek." Jewel

I wasn't trying to make any point DB. I heard the comments and just thought I'd throw it out to the rest of the FORTees and get their thoughts.
    You're a FORTee aren't you? So what are your thoughts? Do you think she's a gold-digger? Do you think that's going to be a problem for Jack? Do you think it's going to be a problem for Marissa?

It was a strange comment for Meri-Dee to make and she may have been paraphrasing what she thought he said or perhaps wanted him to say (sort of sour grapes after being eliminated).

The fact that she made the comment disappoints me. I liked her and think the comment was nasty, whether true or not. It is interesting that I have not heard or read anything that Marissa has said about the other girls that was so derogatory, and she is supposed to be such a bad, bad girl that no one likes.

Quote Originally Posted by Danger Bunny
    You're a FORTee aren't you? So what are your thoughts?
    Do you think she's a gold-digger? No, I really do believe she has strong feelings for Jack.

Do you think that's going to be a problem for Jack? I don't think I can easily dismiss what others think about Marissa, there's got to be more to that than just editing. Not a single person likes her, well except for the only one that really matters. But to answer your question, I'd say definately probably possibly yes she might be a problem for Jack.

Do you think it's going to be a problem for Marissa? I believe that after the high of the competition is over, Jack might become boring to her.

Do you think she's a gold-digger? No, I really do believe she has strong feelings for Jack.

Do you think that's going to be a problem for Jack? I don't think I can easily dismiss what others think about Marissa, there's got to be more to that than just editing. Not a single person likes her, well except for the only one that really matters. But to answer your question, I'd say definately probably possibly yes she might be a problem for Jack.

Do you think it's going to be a problem for Marissa? I believe that after the high of the competition is over, Jack might become boring to her.
    I agree with paragraphs 1. But, I take some exception to 2. I think the reason no one likes her is because she is his favorite. Since they made their opinion of her obvious ever since she came back after being sick (they thought she was faking to get his attention - pretty hard to do when the symptoms are easy to check), she is reacting to their dislike and being aloof and cool toward them. I am afraid I might react the same way if I was treated as they have treated her. Para. 3 - I would think it would be more likely that she would become boring to him, rather than visa versa - unless she could lead him around by the nose.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast