View Poll Results: Whom Will Jack Choose as the Winner?

Voters
83. You may not vote on this poll
  • Natalie

33 39.76%
  • Marissa

47 56.63%
  • Maria

3 3.61%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Who Will Be Jack's Pick?

Quote Originally Posted by curious2
    I hear what you're saying, but have you ever met a guy who would never in a million years turn your head physically, but he grew on you as you got to know him?
    Umm, since I'm a straight guy the answer is easy, no.
    It's never happened with a women either though, if there is no initial physical attraction then getting to know them isn't going to change that. I can become attracted to them in other ways but if they are not physically attractive (to me) when I meet them they won't become physically attractive to me when I get to know them. If they change physically then sure but not just because I get to know them.

Quote Originally Posted by curious2
    I guess the reality is that these shows really aren't geared toward people having the time and opportunity to really get to know each other on any level except physically / romantically, so there's really nothing else with which to base a decision. But I also think that's why so many reality show couples break up after the show is over.
    BINGO.

FORT Newbie
    HAHA!! Sorry, Danger Bunny. For some strange reason I thought you were a girl!!

Danger Bunny you bring up a VERY important point from a male perspective. The fact is that most men need to be physically attracted to the woman right off the bat to develop a romantic relationship. I'm not trying to simplify men (but, please!) they aren't like woman who can develop romantice feelings for someone that didn't initially start out as a romantic interest. So, for Jack, I'm not sure that other than Marissa, he has a spark with anyone. Maria has pretty much pushed herself on him and we haven't seen anything with Nat. Editing can't be hiding that much.

Quote Originally Posted by Minney
    Danger Bunny you bring up a VERY important point from a male perspective. The fact is that most men need to be physically attracted to the woman right off the bat to develop a romantic relationship. I'm not trying to simplify men (but, please!) they aren't like woman who can develop romantice feelings for someone that didn't initially start out as a romantic interest. So, for Jack, I'm not sure that other than Marissa, he has a spark with anyone. Maria has pretty much pushed herself on him and we haven't seen anything with Nat. Editing can't be hiding that much.
    Actually Minney there have been about 3 or 4 occasions when I first met a woman I wasn't attracted to her physically at all. Then months later something just clicked inside and she became the only woman I could think about.

And that brings me to Jack and Nat. I don't know but he just seems to be looking at her differently now more as a woman than just as comic relief.
    Last edited by Tigerusty; 07-30-2004 at 05:45 PM.
    "So, what is fame? It's lightening that strikes some people. It's lightening that some people seek." Jewel

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by Tigerusty
    Actually Minney there have been about 3 or 4 occasions when I first met a woman I wasn't attracted to her physically at all. Then months later something just clicked inside and she became the only woman I could think about.
    I'm so glad there are men like you out there! I've had a guy's character and personality grow on me such that I found myself attracted to him. It's nice to hear the same thing can happen for some guys out there.

Danger Bunny you bring up a VERY important point from a male perspective. The fact is that most men need to be physically attracted to the woman right off the bat to develop a romantic relationship.
    True, and I would like to point out that this is a biological issue not a learned behaviour.

It's interesting that you added the "right off the bat" part, to a guy a women is physically attractive or she's not and nothing he is going to learn about her as he gets to know her is going to change that.

I'm not trying to simplify men (but, please!)
    The problem normally is that women try to complicate men. We are, generally, simple and easy to figure out.

they aren't like woman who can develop romantic feelings for someone that didn't initially start out as a romantic interest.
    I disagree. A guy won't develop romantic feelings for a women who he finds unattractive, but a guy can develop romantic feelings for a women he doesn't initially have romantic feelings for as he gets to know her.

For a guy physical attraction and romantic interest are separate emotions. Physical attraction doesn't require a romantic interest but a romantic interest does require physical attraction.

Hey, go back and look at all the eliminations...when he calls Natalie up he always has a big smile on his face and they giggle each time they hug! Something is going on...thought for sure she was gone this last episode, so I went back and checked (pathetic, I know). I liked Marissa until this last show, she was just rude! Just hope that whoever he picks they end up happy.

Marissa
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

Quote Originally Posted by Danger Bunny
    A guy won't develop romantic feelings for a women who he finds unattractive, .

Being a woman, I don't know if this is true, but I don't think that all men feel this way. I hope not anyway.
    When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down "Happy." They told me I didn't understand the assignment. I told them they didn't understand life. - John Lennon

Quote Originally Posted by Lil Bit
    Being a woman, I don't know if this is true, but I don't think that all men feel this way. I hope not anyway.
    I am, of course, speaking in generalities there are exceptions but in general it's true. We've also been discussing attractive/unattractive as a binary state when it's a range, personality can make a women more attractive (in general) than just her physical appearance accounts for. For example if a guy gets to know a girl he may decide to ask her out even though she's physically not the type he would normally ask out.

What it boils down to is guys are better at compartmentalizing things. When a guy rates a women's overall attractiveness physical attractiveness is one separate aspect of it. When a women is rating a guy's overall attractiveness the various aspects tend to bleed into each other, so if he's a doctor, loves kids and puppies, (or whatever the particular woman finds attractive) his physical attractiveness is bumped up by those other qualities. If a woman has an accent that makes the guy melt it doesn't affect how he rates her physically.

All that being said, when a guy first meets a girl her physical appearance is the only thing he can judge her on because he doesn't know her and it's the only thing he can judge on sight. As he gets to know her and finds out about the other aspects of her overall attractiveness her physical attractiveness becomes a smaller and smaller percentage of her overall attractiveness. So yes, a guy can fall for a girl he doesn't think is super hot by getting to know her.

To make this post even remotely related to Outback Jack let me use Natalie as an example.
    At the beginning of the show I thought Natalie was one of the least attractive of the women on the show, she's got a nice body but her face (I'm trying to be nice) isn't the best. I gave her a 6. Now that I've gotten to know her (somewhat, I mean it's a show) I really like her, I'd give her an overall attractiveness rating of 8.5 (it would be a 10 if it wasn't for the constant whining) but she's still a 6 physically.

+ Reply to Thread