View Poll Results: Whom Will Jack Choose as the Winner?

Voters
83. You may not vote on this poll
  • Natalie

33 39.76%
  • Marissa

47 56.63%
  • Maria

3 3.61%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Who Will Be Jack's Pick?

FORT Newbie

Did Jack's Pick

I'm kind of thinking that Jack already may have made a mistake with his eliminations, because all three remaining girls don't really match up to him. Marissa's a sneaky, two-faced, selfish, brat who'll do anything to win, Maria's not much better, because she does complain about people behind their backs, but says something entirely different to their faces, and Nat- well Nat's Nat.
    Although I like Natalie the most of the three remaining "Sheilasm," I think her and Jack would have a tough time getting along.
    Sure, right now, they're super close, but I mean, look at their differences: Nat's a sweetheart, but she's kind of a bimbo. I mean, her "My donkey's hungry" & "do you have Pina Colada" comments are kind of dim.
    He probably finds Nat very sweet, open and funny, but she's also somewhat dum and a little naive.
    All in all however, I am rooting for Natalie because she's the only honest, sweet, sincere girl there.
    Marissa may be nice to Jack, but how she treats the other contestants reflects how she treats other people in the real world.
    Maria and Jack may have a connection, but I think she's not much better than Marissa.
    Sorry for the long post, but I think Nat and Jack are best suited for each other, but may run into problems living in either The Outback or a big City...

POL

FORT Newbie

Sorry

My last post "Did Jack's Pick" was supposed to be called "Did Jack Mess Up?"
    I couldn't edit it for some reason.
    Sorry!

POL

trouble, trouble, trouble thepunkin's Avatar
    It seems to me that Jack has his heart (or something else) set on Marissa. We haven't seen any heavy duty making out with anyone else. Yeah, Maria went to his room, but we sure didn't see more than Vadim politely asking her in. Other Bachelor types narrow the field to the women they are most attracted to. Jack has said he is a one woman man, and has in truth only shown real chemistry for Marissa. In that case, he knows he is choosing Marissa (BOO) and has kept Maria because she is so desperate and Nat because she is so much fun. If Marissa shows her true colors to him or his mom and gets eliminated ( one can only hope ), he is going to have to rethink things real fast.

One other thought, Jack reminds me somehow of the kind of guy who was a total nerd in high school and turned into a total hottie as an adult. Perhaps it's because he seems unaware of his attractiveness. He still can't believe girls like Marissa are into him. It's like the popular cheerleader girl has suddenly noticed him, and he can't resist!! I'm hoping he stays the same and doesn't get all smarmy like Blob.

Since this is all about Jack finding the best person for him - he should pick Marissa. She's been my fav from the beginning because of the obvious chemistry she and Jack share. I couldn't stand her attitude at the dinner table this past week and Jack didn't care for it either. Who knows what that was all about... I just hope this newfound attitude she has doesn't set his mother into an anti-Marissa campaign because she will be gone. It would be a shame to see Jack end up with either Nat or Maria since I see no connection between any of them.

FORT Newbie
    Chemistry is wonderful, but what you grow old with is a person's character and personality. I'm concerned that if Jack picks Marissa just because he has the strongest chemistry with her, that he'll later find out there are some big issues that leave them unable to make a life together. What if they got married before they really discovered what each other is about? It's funny how chemistry can fly right out the window when you see highly unpleasant things about a person's true nature.

Not that any of these girls and Jack are going to spend their lives together, but for the sake of arguement let's say they do... Marriage without chemistry is a looonnnggg forever after. Without it you are just another friend or roommate, it is that unnamable spark that draws and keeps couples together along with similar values, morals and future goals.

I agree, Minney! Without the chemistry, you might as well be roommates!
    If the chemistry's there, all kinds of differences will work themselves out...

FORT Newbie
    Oh, I agree with both of you, totally! What I meant is that I think it's foolish to choose someone to date (or marry) simply because there's a ton of chemistry. I agree that chemistry after marriage helps hold it together and I would never marry a guy unless it's mutually strong. I'm just saying that if a person turns out to be hateful after awhile, talks down to you, cheats on you, or is abusive in any way, there's no amount of chemistry that would make that kind of behavior okay. Chemistry doesn't fix bad character flaws. For minor differences of opinion or whatever, yeah, it's fun to make up after those, and it's the chemistry that enables a couple to do that.

Quote Originally Posted by curious2
    I'm concerned that if Jack picks Marissa just because he has the strongest chemistry with her, that he'll later find out there are some big issues that leave them unable to make a life together.
    You can say that about pretty much any couple at the beginning of the relationship. The only strong romantic connection we've seen is between Jack and Marissa, if he doesn't pick Marissa then he's left with someone he doesn't have a romantic connection with.

He's kept Maria because she would be the most hurt if he let her go and he doesn't want to hurt anybody. He's kept Natalie because she's having the most fun and they get along very well together but in a non-romantic way.

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by Danger Bunny
    You can say that about pretty much any couple at the beginning of the relationship. The only strong romantic connection we've seen is between Jack and Marissa, if he doesn't pick Marissa then he's left with someone he doesn't have a romantic connection with.
    I hear what you're saying, but have you ever met a guy who would never in a million years turn your head physically, but he grew on you as you got to know him? That's happened to me a few times and it's been such a huge lesson in my life. I've had very strong chemistry grow as a result of how much I enjoy someone's company, how nice he is to me, how much we have in common, what a good friend he is to everyone, etc. In my experience, that's the kind of chemistry that stands the test of time because it's based on a character and personality connection, not just a physical connection that's evident from the moment you see each other (though amazingly the physical attraction can grow as well, even if it wasn't there at all in the very beginning).

I guess the reality is that these shows really aren't geared toward people having the time and opportunity to really get to know each other on any level except physically / romantically, so there's really nothing else with which to base a decision. But I also think that's why so many reality show couples break up after the show is over.

+ Reply to Thread