+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678

Thread: 7/27 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Premium Member
    I watched this at work last night, the TV in my on-call room gets the channel but with no sound... interesting trying to read lips and figure out what is going on in total silence. I just don't understand why Maria is still in the game.

I totally agree. I dont know why she wasnt gone right after Adrienne. Or even earlier. She is just skanky and crude. I think even Natalie doesnt trust her. He must just love having a woman around who is constantly throwing herself at him.

I think the producers do have some say in who Jack keeps and who he eliminates. As long as he has his top selections I think they can pressure him to keep others for the show effects. Which is the only reason I can think of that Maria is still around. It appears to me that when the truck brought the other girls back to camp Maria yelled something and it turned Jack off for the evening. In the preview for next week, it also appears that Maria is AGAIN telling Jack that someone isn't there for the right reason. She should try to convince Jack to keep her for her own good reasons and let Jack worry about the other girls. Who wants to stay by default?

Quote Originally Posted by Minney
    In the preview for next week, it also appears that Maria is AGAIN telling Jack that someone isn't there for the right reason. She should try to convince Jack to keep her for her own good reasons and let Jack worry about the other girls. Who wants to stay by default?
    Now who would that be who Maria thinks isn't there for the right reason? - Could it be Marissa? Actually, I think Marissa is there for only one reason - Jack! Whether she is the right girl for him remains to be seen (I doubt it), but why oh why would anyone want to be chosen by default?????

Marissa's smile freaks me out. Completely. I would love to see Natalie, or any of the girls, go up to Jack and ask point blank if they have a chance with him, or if he's just stringing them along as bit players in the Jack and Marissa romance. Because if he wants Marissa, he should have her, and they should run off together ASAP so my poor eyes can be saved from looking at that woman. Honestly, she just has this simpering look in her eyes that screams "I can play you like a fiddle". Disgusting.

The one good thing about her return is that it DID make me like Meri-De -- but the second she said she liked to hang out with Jack, she was gone. Too much of her speech to him was the kind of thing you would say as a buddy, not as one of the final girls left looking for romance. Seems like it was the same problem there was with Adrienne, too much of a friendship connection and not enough animal magnetism.

I can't see him picking Natalie, much as I like her. I think she's a bit of a twit, but she's amusing and at least seems sincere and is slowly opening up to Jack. I'm appreciating her more, but I can't see her really having the kind of romantic connection with Jack.

Maria... I don't like her, but I don't hate her, so I guess that counts as rooting for her? Seems like she'd be a decent match with Jack, but she's a little... suspect, as well. Just not sure on that girl.

I really am curious how next week will affect it. Hopefully Jack's mom can see through those girls (moms know best!), and I'm VERY curious about the tapes. Should be good!

"Someone's boring me. I think it's me." ~Dylan Thomas

In the press release for next weeks episode, they say that the tapes are homemade. So i guess each girls family/friends got to make a tape and maybe reveal a funny personality characteristic or flaw.

I guess if Maria keeps questioning a girls motives (his precious Marissa) she will be gone soon too.

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by canadian_bunny
    Jack got annoyed with Marissa's attitude, but I think he understands her hostility because of being voted off. I think that is the only reason shes being a bitch to them now in front of him.
    You make an excellent point that I hadn't considered, but I'm not sure Jack did either because of not only the annoyed looks he was giving her, but the voiceover narration, in which he wasn't terribly pleased with how she was acting.

Unfortunately, Jack had probably never seen her act this way before she was voted off. True, she was being doubly obnoxious, but she wasn't markedly different toward the other women beforehand.

But none of that--how women get along or treat each other--is ever relevant to the guys on these shows. All they care about is how the girl treats them. Yet, if you reverse the roles on a Bachelorette type show, then all of a sudden, the guy who is only out to get the girl any way he can is similarly labeled a player or worse.

There is nothing commendable about stating you're on a show to win the guy or the gal and not to make friends. It shouldn't be accepted as showing the person is "realistic" or "honest." Instead, why don't people realize that attitude exemplifies the worst possible person for a mate or partner, i.e., a person with socialization issues, is totally self-absorbed, must win at all costs, etc.

A truly sad state of affairs...but I'm pulling for Natalie now.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678