+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: 7/20 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

My respect for Cortney had diminished after watching her exit interview at the TBS website. She just goes on and on, basically reaming him for letting her go. And accuses him of leading her on and then getting rid of her. Well - that's the exact way these shows work. You date and try to connect and then eliminate the ones you have less passion with. At least, unlike on the Bachelor, they arent having overnite dates. yet. Get a grip Cortney - this is exactly what you signed up for. YOu know nothing about how his other dates went and what the exact levels of feelings are there. And he isnt obligated to give you an explanation that will make you happy. Cause there is no such thing. I think he has been pretty respectful of these women.

FORT Regular
    People are not at their best when they've just been hurt, and Cortney was obviously very hurt. Did you hear her voice break at the end? Although it's true she ranted a bit, I think she said some things that were true.

Jack does engage in what people on another reality TV site (I only visited them once, and it didn't mean anything, and i was thinking of FORT the whole time, I swear! ) call his "doublespeak." Especially during eliminations, his lingo is peppered with howevers and unfortunatelys, he goes one way, then U-turns. I don't know if he was coached to do it that way to keep up the suspense, but it bugs me to no end.

And I also think she was right that he does keep his heart tucked away. I've been meaning to mention this before, when I said he obviously liked a "sure thing." Although he seems to need to know for sure a woman has feelings for him, we have never seen him express feelings in return for any of them, including Marissa. Even when she said to him: "I think I know how you feel, and I think you know how I feel," he didn't answer, not even just to agree. He asked Natalie point blank if she had feelings for him, and she said "Absolutely" and told him how she was thrilled whenever she saw him, and craved eye contact, etc. His response? "I needed to hear that." Well, what about what she needs to hear? He may wear his heart on his sleeve in other ways, but he seems to be guarding it against rejection very carefully. I agree with Cortney, he doesn't take the same risks the women do. (Maybe that's partly due to a one-man, twelve-women set-up, but still...)

Obviously, a kiss means more to her than it does to some of the others, and it evidently wasn't as easy for her to open up to him, but when she did give him her heart, it was only to have it handed right back to her the next morning. That's gotta hurt. And you can say these people should expect this because it's what they signed up for. Fine. But even so that's not going to stop them from feeling real emotion when it does happen. They're still human beings, even if they're on a Reality TV show. And really, if they took every elimination with a shrug and a "Okay, I knew what to expect, see ya" why would we watch?

Actually, I kinda think Cortney was the only one who wasn't on a Reality TV show. She wasn't playing the game, she was living real life...(See JD's journal entry. He said she was the only who stayed real in the midst of Reality TV mayhem.) If you listen to Mary's exit interview for comparison, she just prattles on and on about bugs, cold showers, shopping, manicures, hair dying, her flat iron, diet Coke, etc. She doesn't talk about Jack. (Warning: she sings at the end.) It was obvious she wasn't in the least bit brokenhearted, she hadn't invested of herself like Cortney did.
    Last edited by kat007; 07-22-2004 at 12:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kat007
    Especially during eliminations, his lingo is peppered with howevers and unfortunatelys, he goes one way, then U-turns. I don't know if he was coached to do it that way to keep up the suspense, but it bugs me to no end.
    Almost guaranteed he's told to do that. He's a pretty straight talker otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by kat007
    Although he seems to need to know for sure a woman has feelings for him, we have never seen him express feelings in return for any of them, including Marissa.
    We haven't heard him verbalize his feelings for any of the women, but he has clearly shown his feelings for Marissa. If he did verbalize his feelings for one (or more) of the women, what makes you think the producers wouldn't edit it out? If he made his final choice by the second episode the ratings for the rest of the season would be dismal.

FORT Regular
    Quite possible, D Bunny,

It's also possible he's being careful not to lead them to believe he has big feelings for them, knowing he may have to turn around and eliminate them. I guess when you're going through a dozen women, you'd want to keep your options open. It's probably one of the reasons he was a "gentleman" when Maria went to his room. I doubt a guy like Vadim could sleep with a girl and then eliminate her. Nonetheless, I still feel like he's being very cautious. There's nothing wrong with that per se. I'm the Queen of Caution when it comes to men. It's just I felt Cortney had a point. The women are taking more risks than Vadim. They're always making the first moves, and always laying their feelings on the line. And then he picks and choses on that basis.

http://www.tvrules.net/modules.php?n...ticle&sid=5354

Preview Guide: Outback Jack: Episode 6 Preview 7/27

The leading man is missing and itís up to the women to find him in Episode 6 of TBSís wild new reality series Outback Jack, premiering Tuesday, July 27, at 9 p.m. (ET/PT). making for plenty of fun twists and turns.

In Episode 6, the women awake one morning to find that their leading man, Jack (athlete-outdoorsman Vadim Dale), has gone missing, and itís up to them to find him.

Host JD separates the women into two teams for the search, and at first, it seems all is going well for both teams. But a crucial mistake costs one team the race, leaving the other team to find Jack and win a helicopter ride to a romantic dinner.

Just before boarding the helicopter, however, host JD tells Jack that he can only take one woman, while the other will join her cohorts hanging out at a local pub with Jackís mates.

With Jack and his date off enjoying a romantic moment, the other women get the chance to discuss their feelings about Jackís date.

At the end of the episode, itís elimination time again, as the group of women goes from four to three, with only two episodes left before Jackís final decision.

Outback Jack
    Episode: 106
    Airdate: July 27
    Airtime:9 PM
    Network: TBS

Based on this preview and the clips at the end of last show, it appears the two teams will be Natalie and Maria / Meri-de and Marissa. The teams do not surprise me as Marissa would want nothing to do with Natalie or Maria and vice versa. Even with JD picking the teams, Meri-de and Marissa would make more drama for Jack to pick which one goes on the date. My bet is that Meri-de and Marissa win the race and Jack picks Marissa for the helicopter ride, romantic dinner. After all Jack has already had individual dates with the remainder which includes Meri-de. Too obvious to be otherwise after the big production of bringing Marissa back.

Quote Originally Posted by pajamasam
    My respect for Cortney had diminished after watching her exit interview at the TBS website. She just goes on and on, basically reaming him for letting her go. And accuses him of leading her on and then getting rid of her. Well - that's the exact way these shows work. You date and try to connect and then eliminate the ones you have less passion with. At least, unlike on the Bachelor, they arent having overnite dates. yet. Get a grip Cortney - this is exactly what you signed up for. YOu know nothing about how his other dates went and what the exact levels of feelings are there. And he isnt obligated to give you an explanation that will make you happy. Cause there is no such thing. I think he has been pretty respectful of these women.
    Yeah like Kat said, the poor girl just had her heart broken and she was lashing out at the one that broke it. (she probably regrets some of the stuff she said since it was in the heat of the moment.) The saddest part is that she finally opened up to him and the next morning she's gone. That had to feel like a giant slap in the face. I haven't lost any respect for her at all. I just hope it's not true what she said about being able feel again and that she is does allow herself to find love.
    "So, what is fame? It's lightening that strikes some people. It's lightening that some people seek." Jewel

I still love this show! Didn't like to see Courtney leave as she was the only genuine one left. I'm happy that Marissa is back as the girls should not be the ones making decisions for Jack although it was a neat twist. Marissa does not need to be nice to the ones that voted her off but she needs to be careful to how vindictive she decides to be. Jack needs to find out on his own what kind of person she is. Natalie is quirky and I like her although I see no connection with Jack. Maria is acting so desperate that I think Jack will send her packing next. Mere-dy is blah... Next week should be very interesting as the girls need to work as a team without their knight in shining armor. I hope Jack gets to watch it on some secret tv!

I think having the girls fend for themselves at this point is a great idea for a challenge or twist. They should know how to handle the outback - in daylight at least- and we , and hopefully Jack too, will get to see the results of their teamwork. Maybe they wont whine as much with him gone? right. I think Marissa will be well served by teaming with Meri-de. I'd put my money on them. And on Jack choosing Marissa for a "reunion" date.

It makes the most sense that the girls not on the date would talk about "Jacks' date" if it was Marissa. I'd venture to say they'd have a lot to talk about! Marissa and MeriD would seem to have an advantage in the outback alone over Maria and Nat, both appear more athletic and more competitive in physical adventures. If it is Marissa on the date we might just have some steamy footage coming our way.

Oh come on! What's more fun then watching girls make fools of themselves over men they hardly know?? OK, maybe watching a man be played by the girls who are making fools of themselves over the man they hardly know...

+ Reply to Thread