+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: 7/20 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Again, I totally agree with you aname!! Sometimes I think you & roseskid & I are all the same person - we think so much alike!!
    I don't have really strong feelings about Marissa either - one way or the other. I just think Jack is such a sweetie, that he deserves to get the woman he wants - simple as that!! In the previews he looked SO happy to see her, that I just think she's the one - for that reason alone! Whether anything long-term will develop, or whether they take the same road as most reality dating show participants really doesn't matter... Two months from now, we'll have some new show to be arguing about!

I believe the snipits of footage we were shown for next week cannot be taken as literally as they want us to take them. For all we know Marissa is saying "away, shoo shoo" to a bug, but the way they show us it looks like she is speaking disrespectfully to another girl. Of course, she could be! Marissa has been coached the whole last week on how to behave and act, she has been told what was happening to the other girls, etc... She has probably been promised her own show for coming back and taking no prisoners-but going directly for Jack. Who, by the way, seems to love having her back. His expressions and gestures were very ecstatic. When she first walked out of the weeds, he had to actually lower his head and hide beneath is hat to cover his expression but if you watch closely you can see the grin.

FORT Regular
    I agree with you (Berries and Aname) that Jack should get who he wants in the end, and if Marissa is it, then best of luck to him. But I'm still hoping he'll snap out of it. He is a sweetie, which is why I would much prefer if he fell for a sweet woman. In a way, I'm glad Marissa's back. Otherwise, there would always be this "what if...?" This way, either he confirms his choice (lousy though it may be), or maybe he sees sides of her he doesn't like so much. Either way, better he find out for himself (either on the show or later in real life) than always be left with a lingering doubt of what might have been had Marissa not been voted off.

That said, I'm going to go back to my usual Marissa-bashing now. (Sorry, it's just more fun.)

p.s. I just rewatched the preview, Minney, and it's pretty obvious she's not saying "Go away! Be gone!" to a bug.
    Last edited by kat007; 07-21-2004 at 06:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Minney
    When she first walked out of the weeds, he had to actually lower his head and hide beneath is hat to cover his expression but if you watch closely you can see the grin.
    My hubby said, as Marissa first came out, "oh yeah, he really likes her. Just look at his reaction! He's totally happy she's back."

That said, I kinda agree with kat and hope that Vadim snaps out of it.

Okay, reading some of the comments on here is getting me to change my mind a bit -- I still think Marissa would be terrible for Jack, but if it's who he wants and it makes him happy, then bless 'im, let him choose her. I still find it frustrating, since man... That is one studly man, and unlike a lot of the bachelors on TV, he's got that Prince Charming kind of quality to him. I hate to see him fall to the weakness of a lot of guys and go for Hot and Easy. Just seems like Marissa is a little scary and he needs a woman that'll treat him right! Oh well. Maybe those Abs of Power have melted even her heart. Hopefully he'll make a good choice. If they had to have Marissa come back, I'm glad its after they're coming back from Perth -- they each got a chance to get some alone time with him, so hopefully he'll know now that ALL these girls want him and have an investment in him, he can make the choice that'll be right rather than a more "sure" one.

Quote Originally Posted by kat007
    In a way, I'm glad Marissa's back. Otherwise, there would always be this "what if...?" This way, either he confirms his choice (lousy though it may be), or maybe he sees sides of her he doesn't like so much. Either way, better he find out for himself (either on the show or later in real life) than always be left with a lingering doubt of what might have been had Marissa not been voted off.
    That statement's what's convinced me to keep watching this show eagerly, I think. We'll get a real look at the quality of Jack's taste in the end, with it ALL being his choice.

"Someone's boring me. I think it's me." ~Dylan Thomas

Great post, Lightfoot! And Kat too!
    I can't believe how much I like this show...! It's so nice to have other obsessed people to talk about it with...

Just one comment here - remember editing can make us think something that is not necessarily true. Melissa is made out to be the she devil - is she really? Or, is it being edited to look that way.

If she is a "bad" girl, he'll find out soon enough. Unfortunately, good boys (like Vadim) often like bad girls because they are sexy and exciting. I get the vibe that Marissa is sexy and exciting to Vadim. If she is just there to "win", it won't last very long even if she does win.

Premium Member
    Ack! Can't believe Cortney was dismissed! But what I can't believe even more is the fact that given the three remaining girls he chose to take back with him, I actually like Marissa better than those three!! And before she left, I couldn't stand her!!! Sheesh, hope that doesn't make me vindictive - meaning that since Cortney can't win, might as well make everyone else suffer, hehe.

I was sooo expecting Natalie to be asked to leave.

I did enjoy the extra footage at the end of the show, and Cortney's comment while riding in the glass elevator.

Given the events of this week's episode, I still refuse to change my signature...

Quote Originally Posted by kat007
    And by the way, I don't hate Marissa. Well I do in a much more benign "I love to hate you because you're on TV and I can have fun criticizing you all I want" kind of way. (Perhaps this is what you meant and I'm being pedantic.) After all, I don't know her personally, why would I waste time hating her? This kind of fun, on the other hand, is time well wasted.
    Yep thats what I meant... not like any of us really know the real person

Bopping to my own beat! realityluver's Avatar
    The two girls I liked the most on this show were Adrienne and Courtney and now they are both gone.

Who to root for now? I never did like Marissa, so I'm not happy to see her return. Natalie bugs me, and I don't care for Meri-de at all. I guess that leaves Maria... and she's not that great either.
    Phenomenal woman... that's me!!!

+ Reply to Thread