+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: 7/20 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by berries
    Well, it was definitely a great episode! I was really surprised at his choice of eliminating Cortney! I thought they had a better (Warning: here comes THAT word!) "connection" - than he did with Natalie! Plus, I think Cortney was definitely the nicest of all the girls. Natalie is nice too, but a little overly dramatic (but funny too!)... I really wonder who it was that he was going to eliminate, and what made him change his mind?!?! C'mon, JD - give us some more info!!
    Im wondering if he was going to eliminate Natalie instead of Courtney last night. When he found out Natalie didnt choose to stay for two weeks in the luxurious spa and things, he seen she was serious about getting to know him. (just an idea!)

Loved the show. I was very surprised he kept Natalie and let Cortney go, but I don't think he felt Cortney had a romantic interest in him (I recall he mentioned something like that) and Natalie did. However, if he is romantically interested in Natalie, it would really surprise me. He has been in the outback so long looking at those girls parading around in bikinis - it is no wonder he wanted to make out with them all.

We are seeing more of his personality. This episode showed what a cute sense of humor he has. He is really adorable - I don't blame Maria for going to his room. She mentioned that they did not get as intimate as she would have liked, and he was a gentlemen - so I guess they didn't go all the way.

Meri-dee is more his type and probably more compatible with his outdoorsy interests, but I don't get that there is that much chemistry from the two of them.

Marissa coming back definitely got his juices going. He seemed giddy with joy and made a comment about how good she looked. Whether we like her or not, he is obviously very attracted to her. She doesn't give a sh__t what any of the others think of her - she wants him and is out to get him. I can't blame her for feeling badly toward the other girls after all they ganged up on her and kicked her off (and not very nicely either).

Quote Originally Posted by aname
    Marissa coming back definitely got his juices going. He seemed giddy with joy and made a comment about how good she looked. Whether we like her or not, he is obviously very attracted to her. She doesn't give a sh__t what any of the others think of her - she wants him and is out to get him. I can't blame her for feeling badly toward the other girls after all they ganged up on her and kicked her off (and not very nicely either).
    I agree.. and her comments "Go Away, Be Gone" and "Did You guys miss me?" were all because they voted her off. What is she suppose to do greet them all with big hugs and say Oh I promise not to be so competitive this time. I dont think I would be nice to any of them either.

FORT Newbie
    I don't get the connection between Jack and Marissa. I missed the first episode and remain clueless about how their connection developed. I wasn't feeling him and Cortney on their date - even though he SAID such nice things, he didn't seem into it. If Maria were a guy, she would be thrown off the show for her physically agressive behavior. I DO see a Natalie connection and have from the beginning. In their one on one time on the rock they seemed very comfortable with each other and I think, oddly enough, that they do have similar lifestyles.

What I mean by that is that they are both laid-back, like to have a good time, basically good, kind people. They are both sensitive to group dynamics as well. I think it will be Natalie.

FORT Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by canadian_bunny
    I agree.. and her comments "Go Away, Be Gone" and "Did You guys miss me?" were all because they voted her off. What is she suppose to do greet them all with big hugs and say Oh I promise not to be so competitive this time. I dont think I would be nice to any of them either.
    Well, C bunny, we will disagree on this as always. But the way I see it, it was her bitchy nature that got her unanimously voted off in the first place. She's just stepped it up a notch, and is being more open about it. If say Cortney or Natalie had been voted off (which they wouldn't have been to begin with), they might not be doing the other girls' hair, but they wouldn't be acting extra bitchy. I think it's just in Marissa's nature, and this situation is bringing it out.

I think if either one of the other girls got voted off (and not saying they would, because they are nice girls) I think they would had acted the same. I dont think anyone would be nice to anyone for being voted off by their peers IMO. You are right we will not agree, because you hate Marissa and I dont, but I do respect you and your opinions
    Last edited by canadian_bunny; 07-21-2004 at 04:12 PM.

I noticed in the previews for next week that Jack's note to the girls said he was going on "ahead. " Then we see the girls , in duos, looking like they are running for their lives. I'm guessing that there is some sort of race to get to Jack or the next camp and the winners win - maybe immunity from the next elimination.? Or maybe private time with Jack?

FORT Regular
    Ditto, C Bunny
    And I still think Cortney or Natalie might've acted more hurt than anything else. I don't think they have it in them to be as "in your face" as Marissa. I know if I had been the boomerang, I would be trying to keep a dignified front. Focusing on Jack, and avoiding/ignoring the other girls as much as possible. I personally find Marissa's behaviour unattractive, and I wouldn't engage in it myself--especially not in front of a man I was trying to attract!

And by the way, I don't hate Marissa. Well I do in a much more benign "I love to hate you because you're on TV and I can have fun criticizing you all I want" kind of way. (Perhaps this is what you meant and I'm being pedantic.) After all, I don't know her personally, why would I waste time hating her? This kind of fun, on the other hand, is time well wasted.
    Last edited by kat007; 07-21-2004 at 04:36 PM.

FORT Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by pajamasam
    I noticed in the previews for next week that Jack's note to the girls said he was going on "ahead. " Then we see the girls , in duos, looking like they are running for their lives. I'm guessing that there is some sort of race to get to Jack or the next camp and the winners win - maybe immunity from the next elimination.? Or maybe private time with Jack?
    Yeah, his hat planted on a stick makes it look like it must be some kind of race. Is it a clue? Or the finish line? But it looked like only Maria and Natalie were running as a duo. I think Marissa and Meri-De may have to fend for themselves.

Interesting discussion between Kat007 and Canadian Bunny. I don't love or hate Marissa. I just think Jack/Vadim really really likes her and is physically attracted to her - why? Who knows? There could be many reasons - she might be his physical type, he had to take care of her very early in the show when she got heat stroke, she wants him and lets him know it (an aphrodesia to a guy). Since this show is to make a love connection for Jack - let him pick who he wants (and he wants Marissa, at least so far). Whether she is good for him or will break is little heart is not the issue - he appears to want her more than he does any of the others.

Speculating about these shows is fun. We can pick our favorites and argue with each other about it. At least its not politics or religion so emotions aren't involved - its all good and fun.

+ Reply to Thread