+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: 7/20 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Hmmm, I guess I'm rooting for Natalie. She's about the only one that doesn't seem evil. Very funny, too.

Ohhhh when it gets down to the nitty gritty.. she will be just as evil as the others. But I dont know that the term "evil" should be used, maybe "competitive". After all May the best girl win! I still like Marissa. I like Natalie too, after tonights show, but I just don't see her living in the Outback with Jack. She likes the spas, pedicures, manicures, etc too much to live in the Outback.

Arrrrrg! Can this show frustrate me any MORE? Geez. I liked Adrienne, I was sad to see her go, especially since we'll miss some fireworks between her and Marissa. Hopefully Meri-De will pick up that thread and rip Marissa apart. Man, I hate her.

My problem now is that I simply have no one to root for. Cortney was my girl. She seemed sincere, level-headed, and like the kind of girl that would go anywhere in the world with Jack with a smile on her face. I liked her, she seemed to have more integrity than Maria and Marissa, and more sense than Natalie. I was really hoping our man Jack would end up with her, and I'm sorely disappointed to see otherwise.

Natalie? Honey, that hair. It hurts to watch.

Meri-De annoys me. I wasn't too keen on seeing Jack ooze over her, since somehow this dratted show has made me LIKE these girls and care about some of them. And having a newcomer enter gets up my hackles. And just when I started to like her, she made more snarky comments about city girls. Honey, these girls have done a lot for this man, show some respect, newbie. I would hate it if she won, since it just feels like it goes beyond the premise of the show and just breaks it -- there's something fascinating in seeing if Jack/Vadim can find something with a girl completely different in a lot of ways, not an outdoors ninja amazon woman.

Marissa coming back also does not impress me. I hate hate HATE this stunt, unless they give some sort of method for other past contestants to try to "win" their way back or whatnot. Just sticking her back in is annoying, and I hope Jack has the sense to send her packing again.

I just don't know what to do now, watching this show, with all the girls I appreciated gone. I suppose I'll have to find a way to convince myself to root for Natalie or Maria.

But seeing Jack at a spa? Freakin' PRICELESS. This ep was one of the funniest ones yet, so aside from the end, it was an absolutely lovely and hilarious change of pace.

"Someone's boring me. I think it's me." ~Dylan Thomas

I really don't know what to make of Jack's choices. I thought Natalie would have left last night on her own. And Marissa is definitely being edited to be the b*tch. I am looking forward to next week because I figure that if Jack left them in the outback, Meridee, Nat & Maria joined together and got out without Marissa. Marissa is probably still stuck out there somewhere.

Who is the person that Jack almost sent home but who stayed instead, as JD Roberto wrote in his diary?
    Never kick a fresh turd on a hot day---Harry S. Truman

FORT Newbie
    [QUOTE=Lightfoot]

My problem now is that I simply have no one to root for. Cortney was my girl. She seemed sincere, level-headed, and like the kind of girl that would go anywhere in the world with Jack with a smile on her face. I liked her, she seemed to have more integrity than Maria and Marissa, and more sense than Natalie. I was really hoping our man Jack would end up with her, and I'm sorely disappointed to see otherwise.

Meri-De annoys me. I wasn't too keen on seeing Jack ooze over her, since somehow this dratted show has made me LIKE these girls and care about some of them. And having a newcomer enter gets up my hackles. And just when I started to like her, she made more snarky comments about city girls. Honey, these girls have done a lot for this man, show some respect, newbie. I would hate it if she won, since it just feels like it goes beyond the premise of the show and just breaks it -- there's something fascinating in seeing if Jack/Vadim can find something with a girl completely different in a lot of ways, not an outdoors ninja amazon woman.

I totally agree with you on this Lightfoot! I also felt bad for Cortney because on her date with Jack, he really seemed into her. Meri-De annoys me as well -- for her snarky comments, and while she claims to think Jack is great, she seems very wooden to me; she didn't seem excited to kiss him or anything.

I think I'm pulling for Natalie now. Not that I think she and Jack can make it as a couple, but she has been a lot more open and lot less catty than the other girls. Plus, she cracks me up.

FORT Regular
    I'm with you guys, Lightfoot and AzraelK. Cortney was not only kind, she was game. Although I never thought I would, I'm rooting for Natalie now too. At least she seems sweet and sincere. And for all those who said the other girls didn't want Jack, just wanted to stop Marissa from having him, I think last night's ep proved the contrary. Some women just don't throw themselves at a man like Marissa and Maria do. Unfortunately, it seems Jack prefers a sure thing to a nice girl...Why else would he keep Maria and ditch Cortney? :phhht

And to those who claim Marissa is being edited to be a bitch, I refer you to JD's post on the subject in his thread. He said these girls acted exactly the way they're portrayed. Besides, how can you edit something like Marissa arrogantly saying: "Go away! Be gone!" while imperiously shooing them away with her hand, to make that look bitchier than it already is? Or the gloating and baiting: "Did you guys miss me?" and "Interesting how the twists play out these days." What, you think they're leaving scenes of her hugging the other girls on the cutting room floor? I think Marissa is than ever, and I think she's gonna impale herself on her own claws. Cause it looks like now she's doing it in front of Jack, at least some of the time. And remember Jack is quoted as saying: "I had the policy: if a girl makes trouble for the others, she's going home, even if she is my favourite." It's the only thing that gives me hope for the boy.

Well, it was definitely a great episode! I was really surprised at his choice of eliminating Cortney! I thought they had a better (Warning: here comes THAT word!) "connection" - than he did with Natalie! Plus, I think Cortney was definitely the nicest of all the girls. Natalie is nice too, but a little overly dramatic (but funny too!)... I really wonder who it was that he was going to eliminate, and what made him change his mind?!?! C'mon, JD - give us some more info!!

On Jack's "date" with Meri-De - wasn't that a great FLIP he did when they were playing with the frisbee?! I was really impressed with his agility!!

FORT Regular
    Yeah, possibly the best moment in the show.
    I thought he was overdoing the grumblebum act at the spa. He complains as much about pampering as Natalie does about roughing it...Funny he took the pain of waxing much better...

Jack/Vadim's remarks about the "Speedo" alone made last night's episode worth watching.

+ Reply to Thread