+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910

Thread: 7/20 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Just wanted to chime in to say I agree with kat and tigerusty that Cortney just lashed out because her feelings were hurt. She didn't let him kiss her the first time showing that she takes these things seriously, then lets herself fall for him enough to kiss him and he eliminates her. It was refreshing to see a gal who takes this reality dating seriously (unlike Mary... yeesh.)

Now back to your current set of comments:
    Jack and Marissa.... ineveitable? Perhaps. Entertaining? Sure. Do we have to like it? Hell no. JMO.

I'm sorry, but I must add my 2 cents at this point. Why in the hell would any girl get so serious over a guy when she is in a situation where he has so many other options at the same time. If she does, she's a fool. And, that goes for any of them (and the women and men on the other dating shows). For Cortney in particular, I just don't see why she is so hurt and angry.

1. This was their first "date".
    2. She had rejected his kiss earlier.
    3. She never appeared to be that interested in him - loving the adventure of the whole thing more than any real attraction to him.
    4. He is in control with many options and she knows that.
    5. She also knows how he felt about Marissa and watched them interact (when he was really interested) - it certainly wasn't the same with her.

However, that being said, even though she has little to be upset about, it does hurt to be rejected. I think her pride was damaged more than anything else.

LG.
    OK, we had complaints about the smilie filled posts, so we're taking it out and all references to it. Let's use words, people, as the primary way to express our thoughts. This is a PG-13 website with a median age of about 35, and that is our target demographics. Any other questions or problems direct them to me, John, Ilikai, or one of the other mods.
    Help fight cystic fibrosis or just learn more about it at the cystic fibrosis foundation website, www.cff.org and help give my little guy a better future.

I am sorry but I can not find myself feeling sorry for any of these girls being eliminated, even if Marissa gets eliminated in the weeks to come. I know they are humans and they have feelings, but they know the risk of being eliminated when they enter the reality TV shows. I am sure its hard not to get attached or involved after so many weeks together, things go on that we dont see behind the scenes. Lots of emotion involved for these TV shows, but they know the name of the game and they take those risks each week, knowing they may be eliminated this week, etc.

If you watch everyone's farewell video on the OBJ website, it sounds like each one of the girls fell in love with the other girls... The most any of them have said about Jack is that he never really got to know them...
    Maybe that's the real reason women go on reality dating shows these days... to make new friends! And none of them care about the guy at all!

He probably didn't get to know them well because they kept him so busy chasing bugs, snakes, and other critters away from them all night and he was exhausted the next day after getting very little sleep. JD makes note of this in his diary. Plus, like the other girls said, he spent most of his spare time with Marissa. And, he has mentioned many times that he is monogamous and didn't even want to do the show because of that. Once he zeroed in on one girl, he didn't want to get to know the others very well. The only chance he got to really interact on an individual basis with them was in Perth and, in every instance, he seemed like he was just going through the motions and saying what was expected with little real interest in any of them.

+ Reply to Thread