+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Thoughts on the show

Thoughts on the show

I really love this show and was looking for a discussion thread where we talked about it. Most of the chit chat is under 7/13 show spoilers, which is not accurate so I thought I'd start a thread for general discussion.

I wonder why this show has not received more publicity. I think its really fun and have enjoyed it so far. Doe's anyone know the ratings? Now that its up against BB, It's probably loosing ratings. It's a sleeper for sure.

How many shows are planned? How long ago was it filmed. Kimberley Anne where are you with screen caps? I should PM her.

I wish we had some real spoiler information.
    Support the FORT - Go Green

Not accurate??? What do you mean? I thought most was posting their pms during the show. I am a little confused here.

Quote Originally Posted by Rumi
    I wonder why this show has not received more publicity. I think its really fun and have enjoyed it so far. Doe's anyone know the ratings? Now that its up against BB, It's probably loosing ratings. It's a sleeper for sure.
    I love this show, it has me laughing out loud numerous times each week. But it's on TBS, which isn't one of your major networks so by its very nature isn't going to get as much press.

How many shows are planned?
    I just checked the Outback Jack web site, there are eight episodes.

"My Donkey's hungry", that's still funny.

FORT Regular
    Hi Rumi,

The show was filmed in the spring, in the Kimberly region of Australia, which is in the northernmost part of the Western Territory, not far from the coast.

As for spoilers, you can check out NewCreature's do-it-yourself spoiler instructions in the 7/13 thread. If you don't have it on tape or can't figure it out, let me know and I'll start a seperate 7/20 ***SPOILERS*** thread.

(Yeah, I checked it out. As Oscar Wilde said: "I can resist anything except temptation.")

It makes me too. "The nineties called, they want their spandex back." They should've had a fashion challenge. The Prissies could've won that. What also made me laugh is when Jack and the Amazons step quickly and nimbly across the stream to upbeat music, then it changes to a tortured tune and the Prissies painfully pick their way across, slipping off the stones. The production is really playing it up for laughs.

Quote Originally Posted by canadian_bunny
    Not accurate??? What do you mean? I thought most was posting their pms during the show. I am a little confused here.
    Sorry, I didnt mean the comments - they are all great. It's just general discussion on the show was only on show spoiler threads. No other place for general discussion.

Quote Originally Posted by kat007
    Hi Rumi,

It makes me too. "The nineties called, they want their spandex back." They should've had a fashion challenge. The Prissies could've won that. What also made me laugh is when Jack and the Amazons step quickly and nimbly across the stream to upbeat music, then it changes to a tortured tune and the Prissies painfully pick their way across, slipping off the stones. The production is really playing it up for laughs.
    Ditto to that and thanks for the spoiler info, I'll check it out. I dont have the show taped, but I have a good memory.

Edited - Just reread the thread and my memory is not THAT good. Humm
    someone want to start a SPOILER Thread.

And Kat, the FORT is a great place! I really enjoy your comments, especially the one about cutting his beard.
    Last edited by Rumi; 07-15-2004 at 06:47 PM.

Sorry, I didnt mean the comments - they are all great. It's just general discussion on the show was only on show spoiler threads. No other place for general discussion.
    Thanks for your prompt answer.

I agree with you. I am so surprised that I actually like this show. I hadn't even planned on watching it, just happened to run across it the first night it was on while channel surfing. I normally don't have much time or patience for real prissy girls but these girls are kind of growing on me. They earned a lot of my respect during the physical challenge, when they continued the course even after they had lost. I didn't expect that. On the other hand, I don't think any of them are the ideal mate for "Jack". I don't see him becoming a city boy any time soon and I definitely don't see any of the ladies living comfortably or happily in the outback. But, maybe they'll change my opinion on that too.
    When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down "Happy." They told me I didn't understand the assignment. I told them they didn't understand life. - John Lennon

Did anyone else notice that they have started using a new opening sequence these last couple of episodes than they did the first few. I seem to remember a woman's voice saying this is our love story, or something along that line and now that has been removed. They started the new opening after Marissa was voted off--and it had sounded like her voice too. Any thoughts?

I remember that opening too - and I wanted to post something about it a long time ago, but just never got around to it!! I think it was still in last week's show, but not this week's... Hmmmm
    I thought it sounded kind of like Maria's voice...? Could have been just my imagination... Maybe it was Marissa...?!
    But I remember wondering whose voice it was - because from what she was saying, it sounded like it was the final girl...
    It was something like: "It's the most amazing love story...." something about "how this guy took care of all of us..." Arrggghhh! Why don't I pay more attention?!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast