+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: 7/13 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

FORT Regular
    Please oh Please tell us who you think is eliminated...I read this board on the Bachelor/Bachelorette show and part of the fun for some of us is figuring out the screen caps to see if we can guess correctly. This is labled spoiler so it should be OK. Or start a new thread so people can avoid it if they do not want to know.

Quote Originally Posted by Minney
    Other than some great lines, this episode was the most boring of all so far. I don't know if it's because Marissa was missing, but none of them seem to have a romantic connection with Jack so there were no flying sparks tonight, for me at least. He takes the role of their coach and not their leading man!
    I absolutely agree! No one but Marissa seems to really care about a love connection with Jack (except maybe Maria). He seems to be more of a camp counselor or body guard to them than a love interest. But then that may be because he is not interested in any of them. Marissa seems to be the only one who got to his heart. And the rest appear to be more interested in establishing a group love fest with each other than with him.

The clip from the next episode shows his (very pleasant) surprise and big hug and kiss at her return. She is his connection, everyone else is just there for entertainment value.

Quote Originally Posted by aname
    I absolutely agree! No one but Marissa seems to really care about a love connection with Jack (except maybe Maria). He seems to be more of a camp counselor or body guard to them than a love interest. But then that may be because he is not interested in any of them. Marissa seems to be the only one who got to his heart. And the rest appear to be more interested in establishing a group love fest with each other than with him.

The clip from the next episode shows his (very pleasant) surprise and big hug and kiss at her return. She is his connection, everyone else is just there for entertainment value.
    I was wondering the same thing since Jack is suppose to find a woman to love. He has no connection with any of these women except for Marissa. It's funny to see these women connect with each other and just having fun except when JD arrives, and it seems they forgot to try to get close to Jack. Too funny ! Still love this show and can't wait to see Marissa come back !

FORT Regular

re: who gets the boot

At the end of JD's journal on tbs.com, he says of the girl going home "it's not who you think." I hope this doesn't mean Meri-De gets to stay. I didn't like her either. She seemed to be making fun of the girls. (Okay, we do too, but from a distance and with affection. )

re: Marissa
    I for one did not miss Marissa at all. And I think the other girls genuinely care about Jack, just may not have had a chance to "connect" with him as Marissa did. (i.e. jump him in the middle of the night). Cortney said Marissa was monopolizing a lot of Jack's free time, and now with her "gone" they could fight over it. Jack being a self-proclaimed "one-woman man," If he already had a "connection" with Marissa, the other girls may have been out of bounds.

re: Jack's difficulty with eliminating
    And I agree with Danger Bunny about Jack's reaction to the eliminations. I've never seen any of the other shows, but I imagine living in different wings of a mansion (or whatever) does not create bonds the way camping together in the Outback would. Plus, Jack seems like a genuinely protective guy, and it just may be harder for him. I would have far less respect for him if he could eliminate them without "soaking up," as he says. (Must be Aussie for tearing up.)

re: the lovefest between the girls
    The same goes for the girls. I think it only normal for them to have become friends considering all they've been through together, the adventures they shared and being tent mates through it all. And they would have been idiots not to pull together as a team against those Amazons. (They really stacked the decks against them. They never stood a chance. I was impressed by how well they did. As Canadian Bunny said: )

I really enjoyed this episode. Due mainly to the absence of Marissa. "Jack's girls" did a terrific job in the competition. I thought they'd be a mile behind. Which they would have if 'non team-player' Marissa was there. Looks like the producers picked the right time for her leave of absence.

I'm glad Scary Mary is gone. She was mildly amusing, but seeing her tippy-toeing around the Outback with heels and a purse was a one-note joke that has run it's course. Maybe she can become an action star. Not.

I'd be very surprised if Vadim kept the new girl next week. He's become terribly attached to the old ones, and seems to prefer the weaker type of female whom he can look after. I'm guessing that the only way to have any kind of suspense at this elimination, was to cut it off like they did, and make us wait a week.

I'm looking forward to seeing Vadim in the city next week. "That's why there are no malls in the Outback. Real men don't shop."
    "I'm telling you - it's a madhouse out there. I feel like Charlton Heston waking up in the field and seeing the chimp on top of the pony." ~ Dennis Miller

The "danger" of jumping off the bank was hilarious as was the donkey comment. The girls kept describing jumping in the water like they were cliff diving in Mexico. I was proud of the original girls in the competition too. I thought the funniest part of that was that the Amazons got behind because they were too big to easily fit under the log. I feel bad for Jack next week. In the preview, he didn't look like he was having fun having his back waxed. I can't wait for the obligatory scene of him trailing the girls around while they are shopping carrying all the bags.

FORT Regular
    I'm with you, Qboots. I was thinking the same thing about Marissa. It seemed pretty obvious (maybe even to Jack) the other girls make a great team without her. (And the obstacle course was a team sport.) You can say what you want about Adrienne, she can come across as too assertive, but she was pretty impressive on that obstacle course, and she was really looking out for the other girls. Jack does not seem mad at her for Marissa's (fake) elimination, he praised her for "leading" the girls and kept her on. Looks like he didn't believe Marissa's "classless and disrespectful" stab.

Interesting note: When asked if there was catfighting in an interview, Jack said "Yes, but I had this policy. If you make trouble for the other girls, you're going home, even if you're my favourite." Looks like Jack does like a caring, friendly, team-playing kind of girl. And I hope this means he might boot Marissa yet.

Yeah, Mariner, they should've had more obstacles like the log that gave an edge to the smaller girls, just to give them a fighting chance. (Did you see the difference in their sizes when the 6-foot-2 Amazon was standing next to Natalie? It was scary. She was like two Natalies stacked one on top of the other.)
    Last edited by kat007; 07-14-2004 at 05:49 PM.

I was expecting a Survivor-type deal where Jack wouldn't be able to vote off the new girl. I was slightly surprised that he picked Mary to go instead of Meri De (or whatever her Amazon name is) given he didn't have that restriction. Mary didn't seem nearly as annoying last night and actually has a pretty good sense of humor. Last night was very funny. Yes, the "gurls" performed pretty admirably in their challenge. Did you notice they were skinnier than the Amazons and able to go under the log quicker?
    Paintin' the Town Blue!

FORT Regular
    Could he have done that? I don't think so. He was explicitly told he had to keep an Amazon and nix a Prissy Girl (well, okay, JD didn't use those words exactly.) I don't think he could've picked Meri-De and then turned right around and booted her off two seconds later. She was supposed to be taking someone's place from the original girls.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Meanie
    I was expecting a Survivor-type deal where Jack wouldn't be able to vote off the new girl. I was slightly surprised that he picked Mary to go instead of Meri De (or whatever her Amazon name is) given he didn't have that restriction. Mary didn't seem nearly as annoying last night and actually has a pretty good sense of humor. Last night was very funny. Yes, the "gurls" performed pretty admirably in their challenge. Did you notice they were skinnier than the Amazons and able to go under the log quicker?
    Because the amazons won the competition, Vadim had to eliminate one of his girls and keep a newbie. That's why Mary had to go.

When I first saw that log I thought for sure Natalie's boobage would get her stuck, but I was wrong. Interesting that "Jack's girls" all went through on their stomachs, but the amazons went on their backs.
    "I'm telling you - it's a madhouse out there. I feel like Charlton Heston waking up in the field and seeing the chimp on top of the pony." ~ Dennis Miller

+ Reply to Thread