+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112

Thread: 7/13 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

FORT Regular
    Who knows how much he talks to any of them? We are, after all, seeing several days to a week* condensed into 42 minutes. And I have a funny feeling the editors like to cut to the steamy stuff. Plus, I read in the article on Marissa, she said the first time she had some alone time with Jack, he was very open and told her about his family (his father died of cancer, his brother died of a heart attack, and his mother fell out of a window, went into a coma for a couple of months, broke many bones and sustained brain injuries and is still fighting her way back to recovery. This poor lad has been through the ringer.) But then all we saw was the smooching, never mind the deep stuff.

(I haven't converted to the Marissa camp. I'm just a fact-oriented person. A journalist by trade, it's a professional hazard to start spouting info at the slightest provocation. So well, there's another fact for you, even if it does support a potential relationship between Jack and Marissa. Enjoy!)

*Does anyone know how many days are covered per episode? I know it took eight weeks to shoot, but there only seems to be two maybe three days per episode? What are they doing with the rest of the time? Hanging out by the hotel pool sipping drinks with little umbrellas in them?

That's really interesting, kat! Where did you read this article on Marissa?
    But, if Jack's life has been that rough already by 28, that may explain why he's pretty emotional (for a guy)...

FORT Regular
    Hi Berries,

The article is in the Marissa thread under "From Ocala to Outback."
    "The first night I got to have some one-on-one time with him," she said. "He's the type of guy who wears his heart on his sleeve. He was telling me about his family. That was really cool, and not common in men."

I don't know where I read about Vadim's family tragedies, but if I come across it again, I'll let you know.

Quote Originally Posted by berries
    if Jack's life has been that rough already by 28, that may explain why he's pretty emotional (for a guy)...
    I was thinking the same thing. When you've been through a lot of sorrow, it can strip away your protective layers and can make you more empathetic towards the suffering of others. (You notice how he soaks up only when it comes to having to hurt the girls by eliminating them. He's feeling for them. I gather it doesn't go down too well in the macho male society of Oz. But it only makes me like him and respect him all the more.)

It's like those big conches you find on the beach. Everyone wants to find one that's whole, but the broken ones are infinitely more beautiful, because you can see all the wonderful colours and swirls inside. The outside is just a tough husk.

Kahlil Gibran said it best: "Your pain is the breaking of the shell that encloses your understanding. And could you keep your heart in wonder of the daily miracles of your life, your pain would not seem less wondrous than your joy."

(Sorry, am I getting too philosophical for FORT?)

FORT Regular
    Hi Berries,

As promised, I posted the article on Vadim on the Vadim Dale Bachelor thread. (I just remembered where it was.)

Quote Originally Posted by kat007

It's like those big conches you find on the beach. Everyone wants to find one that's whole, but the broken ones are infinitely more beautiful, because you can see all the wonderful colours and swirls inside. The outside is just a tough husk.

Kahlil Gibran said it best: "Your pain is the breaking of the shell that encloses your understanding. And could you keep your heart in wonder of the daily miracles of your life, your pain would not seem less wondrous than your joy."

(Sorry, am I getting too philosophical for FORT?)
    That's really beautiful, kat! (Both your comparison to a broken conch shell & the Khalil Gibran quote...) Not getting too philosophical at all!! (We all need to think again now & then! )

missed the episode

Does anyone know where I can get a torrent of this episode? My brother and his girlfriend were visiting me and I don't get this channel so they missed it! They are really into the show so I feel bad they missed it because of me.

Thanks,
    Jenny

This guy needs someone to take care of him for a change. What a doll. The more I hear about him, the more impressed I am. The lady who lands him will be very very lucky.

I think he needs someone to "take care" of him for a change too... and the only one who seems to be up to it is Maria... or maybe Meri-De - we don't know her very well yet...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112