+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 LastLast

Thread: 7/13 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

FORT Regular
    They have a poll on TBS.com, and the vote is split evenly at exactly 50-50 between the pro- and anti-Marissa forces. It is wildly hilarious how polarizing the Marissa question is. As this is the fuel that keeps the FORT fires a-burning!

Quote Originally Posted by aname
    It is interesting how each of us can have a different perspective on what happens and what is said. Regarding the quote above, I thought Adrienne was the one making trouble for another girl, not Marissa. She is the one who got all of the other girls to vote against her. Marissa was the one ganged up on, not anyone else. I don't see that as her making trouble for them - quite the opposite. She was way too much competition.

On another note, what about who Jack wants? He told Meri-dee he was looking for love. Isn't that supposed to be what the show is about? If it was about team-playing, then it should be called Boot Camp for Girly Girls with Jack as their trainer/counselor/babysitter/etc. He has ceased to be the prize and become a surrogate daddy.

I don't think he'll eliminate Meri-dee (JD saying it is not who we think indicates that to me). I think he'll eliminate either Natalie or Courtney. That is just a feeling - Natalie because she is so silly (but sooo entertaining, I think she's a hoot), and Courtney because she rejected his kiss. He admires and respects Adrienne and knows she's the alpha female and is kind of attracted to Maria. I think he would like to get to know Meri-dee better (he doesn't know Melissa is coming back).
    I totally agree with your perspective on things, aname...
    As for who gets eliminated next, I think it'll be Cortney, just because in JD's journal, he says that she's trying to befriend the newcomer, and how that may not be the best strategy...

FORT Regular
    It's funny, when I was watching the first 3 episodes before I ever came across FORT, I was thinking: "Well, even if Jack ended up with Marissa, at least I know he's watching this now and can see what she's really like." But evidently, it's all in the eye of the beholder.
    I saw her as being two-faced and bitchy. Like when she's all smiles and "enjoy your dinner" when they're serving the fish, then as soon as she's out of the tree house she says: "I hope they choke on it." And when they were cleaning the fish, she stops and says: "That's all they deserve" and chucks a whole fish into the river saying: "Here's your fish, Adrienne." From then on she has it in for Adrienne and disses her at every confessional saying stuff like "She doesn't belong." Then when they have the talk around the campfire she plays all innocent, saying: "Now I feel like there's something between you and me, honestly I had no clue." ("Honestly?" I don't think so.) Then she acts like "Oooh, Adrienne's being rude to me." (And I still don't see how looking at someone is rude. Body language isn't rude unless you're giving someone the finger or something.) And as soon as she's one on one with the camera behind Adrienne's back, she says: "Shut up already." Complete attitude change at every turn. And when did Adrienne ever bully the girls into voting Marissa off? She said: "Am I being rude?" Not "Isn't Marissa a bitch? Vote against her or I'll be rude to you too." They all said they were voting for Marissa as soon as they found out from JD. They were all pissed off at her before Adrienne ever opened her big mouth. During the fishing contest, when Marissa trampled on Maria's feet, Maria said: "Watch where you're stepping, bitch." You really think Maria needed Adrienne to tell her how to vote? And I don't buy that Jack saw all of how Marissa was acting during that contest. We had close-up shots of her all neatly edited together. Jack was standing way up on the bank watching eight women splashing about in the water. And as Adrienne said, Marissa was trying to be sneaky about it.

(I can't believe I just got sucked back into the Marissa vortex! Why do I even care? Guess it's harmless fun.)

Quote Originally Posted by canadian_bunny
    I don't want to see Adrienne go home yet.. I want to see her face when Marissa comes back next week. That is going to be a Kodak moment! And I noticed these girls were awful protective of " Jack".. saying hes ours.. so I think they are getting a little competitive now.. Which is what the show is about. Whine if you want that Marissa is to aggressive, but she for one has definitely made a connection with Jack because of not being afraid to be aggressive. So she snuck out and had some quiet time with Jack while the others slept. The other girls could had done the same thing. Apparently she didnt break any rules, because the camera folks were right there filming it.. and Jack sure didnt look like he was upset at all. He sure wasn't pushing her away, telling her to go back to camp with the others.
    I agree. I definitely see the connection between Jack and Marissa. I think that the other girls only got rid of her because they are threatened by her and I think her aggressiveness makes her look a bit overwhelming. Also I think that Jack's connection with Marissa was the strongest. I can't wait for her to come back.
    Remember that you only live once, and if you do it just right, once is just enough.

BE the change you wish to see in the world. - M. Gandhi

It really doesn't matter if Marissa is a bitch or not - Vadim/Jack is obviously the most attracted to her and he doesn't seem to be attracted to anyone else.

I guess what bothers me somewhat is that the other girls don't want Marissa or the new girl to have him, but none of them seem to want him either. If no one from their clic can have him, then no one can else can either. The four remaining girls want to have a bonding experience together, but none of them have approached him. I get the impression that the other three girls are afraid of Adrienne and are stepping back to let her have first dibs at him. If she goes before they head to the city, it will be interesting to see what happens without their leader.

I doubt that the relationship between Jack and Melissa will be a love match that will stand the test of time even if they do end up together. But, they will probably spend a lot of time in bed before it burns itself out.

FORT Regular
    Could be. If Jack likes a bitchy woman, that's his right and his choice. I'm just not sure he's seen her true colours.

Although the others have not had a hot make-out session with Jack like Marissa did, most of them have expressed romantic interest in him. Both Maria and Adrienne have kissed him. Maria said her feelings for Jack were getting stronger and stronger. Cortney told him she was "here for the you part of it, rather than the adventure part of it. The adventure is just the icing on the cake." And although she turned her cheek to his kiss, she explained: "I'm just not ready to kiss him yet." Some women need to take their time about these things, and I can understand that because I'm one of them. Natalie is the only one who hasn't explicitly expressed a romantic interest in him. Vadim has said in interviews, when asked if he had found love in the outback, that "love comes with time." Given time, (and if Marissa, who was occupying centre stage, had stayed away a little longer) perhaps something could develop between him and one of the other girls. Who knows?

Quote Originally Posted by aname
    I doubt that the relationship between Jack and Melissa will be a love match that will stand the test of time even if they do end up together. But, they will probably spend a lot of time in bed before it burns itself out.

Im a little confused here. So you are saying the only connection btween Jack and Marissa has to do with sexual interests???

Do you ever seem them talking? When they are together, they are touching, kissing, or hugging. Besides, he's been in the outback for a while, the odds of women to men are slim in Australia, he is young and healthy, she is very attractive (and willing it appears), and he is very physically attracted to her. I don't know if it is the only connection - they do seem to be comfortable with one another, but their differences are vast, which may not bode well in the real world over time.

Exactly, aname...! It would be interesting to see how "Jack" REALLY lives... That would make it easier for the girls (and US!) to decide if she could see herself having a future with him. Or does he plan to move to the US if he finds a compatible mate?

I think he is physically attractive to her, but I dont think its only a sexual thing. He doesnt really talk to any of them much, would that make them connected sexually only. I think Marissa is willing to win Jack's heart, and the rest comes with being in a relationship... JMO.

+ Reply to Thread