+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: 7/13 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by Qboots
    Because the amazons won the competition, Vadim had to eliminate one of his girls and keep a newbie. That's why Mary had to go.
    You're right. I was thinking about the *next* elimination--the one we have to wait until next week to see.
    Paintin' the Town Blue!

FORT Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Qboots
    I'm glad Scary Mary is gone. She was mildly amusing, but seeing her tippy-toeing around the Outback with heels and a purse was a one-note joke that has run it's course.
    You're right. She was becoming a bit of a one-trick pony. (No, camel! No, I mean donkey!) It was becoming a bit old. She even had the same expressions during the interviews. She ended every sentence with either the pouty hair-flip or the coy, toothy smile (with the ting! sound effect). At least Natalie's amusing traits are more diversified.

Quote Originally Posted by kat007
    Interesting note: When asked if there was catfighting in an interview, Jack said "Yes, but I had this policy. If you make trouble for the other girls, you're going home, even if you're my favourite." Looks like Jack does like a caring, friendly, team-playing kind of girl. And I hope this means he might boot Marissa yet.
    It is interesting how each of us can have a different perspective on what happens and what is said. Regarding the quote above, I thought Adrienne was the one making trouble for another girl, not Marissa. She is the one who got all of the other girls to vote against her. Marissa was the one ganged up on, not anyone else. I don't see that as her making trouble for them - quite the opposite. She was way too much competition.

On another note, what about who Jack wants? He told Meri-dee he was looking for love. Isn't that supposed to be what the show is about? If it was about team-playing, then it should be called Boot Camp for Girly Girls with Jack as their trainer/counselor/babysitter/etc. He has ceased to be the prize and become a surrogate daddy.

I don't think he'll eliminate Meri-dee (JD saying it is not who we think indicates that to me). I think he'll eliminate either Natalie or Courtney. That is just a feeling - Natalie because she is so silly (but sooo entertaining, I think she's a hoot), and Courtney because she rejected his kiss. He admires and respects Adrienne and knows she's the alpha female and is kind of attracted to Maria. I think he would like to get to know Meri-dee better (he doesn't know Melissa is coming back).

FORT Regular
    Hi aname,

I thought the above quote might refer to Marissa because he said:"...even if she's my favourite." Once again, pure conjecture. But where would we all be without idle speculation?

I still don't buy the "ganging up on Marissa" line. I think it was unanimous simply because she had antagonized everyone. In JD's journal, he says (long before they knew of the vote-one-of-your-own-off elimination) "all the girls want to throttle Marissa." You don't get that kind of strong and unanimous reaction without reason. One can say she was a tough competitor and that's why the other girls wanted to get rid of her. But then by the same token the other girls had every right to do the competitive thing and get rid of her. And yet people have been complaining they're not taking this as a competition.

And if this show were really about love, they wouldn't have matched completely incompatible types of people who live halfway around the world from each other. That's not good matchmaking in any country. Although, I agree, in an ideal world, a love match should be made and Jack should get the girl he likes. But it's not an ideal world. Especially on reality tv. If it were ideal it would be boring and we'd have nothing to talk about at FORT.

Well, anyway, should be interesting to see what happens next week.

Quote Originally Posted by kat007
    But where would we all be without idle speculation?
    Probably getting our housework done. (Or maybe that's just me.)

As far as the point of this show, I'm pretty sure it's to get ratings. (Just like every other show on the air.) If it also manages to make a love match, that's just a bonus.
    "I'm telling you - it's a madhouse out there. I feel like Charlton Heston waking up in the field and seeing the chimp on top of the pony." ~ Dennis Miller

I actually think the girls would have preformed better with Marissa last night. She is competitive and athletic and since she is obviously devoted to Jack, she would have tried her best to help the girls win. What else would she do??? Do the course on her own, or possibly stand there and not help the other girls crawl under the log? NOT! She could have been an asset.

I think the girl going home might be Maria. She's the only one left who has made a big move on Jack and I'm not sure I see him returning the attraction to her. I'm sure tomorrow I'll have convinced myself it's someone else, but for tonight I'll stick to Maria!

Quote Originally Posted by Minney
    She is competitive and athletic and since she is obviously devoted to Jack, she would have tried her best to help the girls win. What else would she do??? Do the course on her own, or possibly stand there and not help the other girls crawl under the log?
    Yes actually, since losing meant that one of the girls she dislikes so much had to go home.
    "I'm telling you - it's a madhouse out there. I feel like Charlton Heston waking up in the field and seeing the chimp on top of the pony." ~ Dennis Miller

I hope the girl going home is Adrienne, though I know it's probably not going to happen. I suspect Jack is being "encouraged" to keep her around. I just cannot stand her, but then, I like Marissa. I wouldn't mind seeing the last of Natalie, either.

Natalie is a total ditz, but I really enjoy her confessionals. There aren't too many shows on TV anymore that make me laugh. This show makes me laugh. I'm not watching it for the love aspect, just the adventure.
    Paintin' the Town Blue!

I don't want to see Adrienne go home yet.. I want to see her face when Marissa comes back next week. That is going to be a Kodak moment! And I noticed these girls were awful protective of " Jack".. saying hes ours.. so I think they are getting a little competitive now.. Which is what the show is about. Whine if you want that Marissa is to aggressive, but she for one has definitely made a connection with Jack because of not being afraid to be aggressive. So she snuck out and had some quiet time with Jack while the others slept. The other girls could had done the same thing. Apparently she didnt break any rules, because the camera folks were right there filming it.. and Jack sure didnt look like he was upset at all. He sure wasn't pushing her away, telling her to go back to camp with the others.

+ Reply to Thread