+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 LastLast

Thread: 7/6 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by katoo7
    (I haven’t figured out how the use the quote thingy yet. I just get the whole post.)
    When you click on the "quote" button, you will get the whole post. Just backspace through the stuff you don't want. But make sure you don't delete the square brackets with the word QUOTE inside them.
    "I'm telling you - it's a madhouse out there. I feel like Charlton Heston waking up in the field and seeing the chimp on top of the pony." ~ Dennis Miller

Quote Originally Posted by Qboots
    I have to agree with kat on this point. None of those girls ever entertained any idea of voting for anyone other than Marissa. The fact that Cortney, Maria, and Natalie voted the same way as Adrienne does not make Adrienne a bully.
    The bullying started long before the vote was annouced. Adrienne is so obviously the clique leader. Look at the "Was I rude, was I rude" scene, the other girls were afriad to answer honestly lest Andrienne single them out. When the vote was annouced Marissa knew she was toast, the other girls haven't made any attempt to hide their dislike of her.

LG.
    I think that the other girls disliked Marissa from the first episode, and that everyone else had decided (without Adrienne's help) that they wanted her gone with the vote. The whole "Maria, was I rude? Cortney, was I rude?" scene was after JD Roberto had already told the ladies about the impending vote off (at the animal sanctuary, very earlier in the episode), so the campfire "rude?" scene wasn't pre-knowledge of voting bullying, but was in fact rude of Adrienne nonetheless.

My thoughts, Adrienne was rather pushy, but no more pushy than Marissa was in the fishing contest in which she was elbowing the other girls. All of the other girls were leaning towards booting Marissa anyway, so I don't think Adrienne really "spearheaded" anything other than the inevitable.

I think the other girls had every right to vote out the person that they liked the least. Why spend your "vacation" in Australia with someone you can't stand if you have the chance to turf her? Who should they have gotten rid of instead? Someone they actually like? It will come around to bite them in the butt, like so many Outback mosquitos, however, but them be's the breaks. Gotta love reality tv dating shows.
    Help fight cystic fibrosis or just learn more about it at the cystic fibrosis foundation website, www.cff.org and help give my little guy a better future.

Quote Originally Posted by kat007
    Very thorough point-by-point rebuttal Danger Bunny. (Are you a lawyer?)
    I'm not a lawyer but many people have said I could play one on TV. I've got 20+ years experience on-line and I've found that replying point by point to a message that makes a lot of points helps other people figure out what part of a message I'm replying to at each point.

You made some good points, but my opinion of Marissa remains the same.
    I'm not trying to get you to change your opinion, if you do then great, I'm just stating mine. Examining other's opinion is what I find fun. Like I said, if everyone just agreed with each other it would be boring.

I’d just like to reply to the idea the other girls should be playing matchmaker between Jack and Marissa if they really cared about him. I’m not sure they’d be doing him any favours: Here Jack, have a “fish-stealing, self-dehydrating ‘ho.” (I had to borrow that line, it cracked me up. )
    Are you saying that the other girls think Marissa is the least compatible, even though Jack obviously likes her the best and that they're voting her off for Jack's own good? Then why didn't they say that in the vote-off ceremony?

I have to agree with Qboots:
    I'm just under the impression that Marissa is playing a character when she is with him, but she's being herself around the other girls. So they know the 'real' Marissa, but he doesn't.
    I don't see that, I saw it with Trish on the Bachelor but I don't see that here. Can you give me some specifics? The fishing was done in front of Jack, the midnight rendezvous was done with Jack. Where has she been two-faced?

(I haven’t figured out how the use the quote thingy yet. I just get the whole post.)
    Exactly, then you have to edit it and manually add the controls. I'll personal message you a copy of this post with all the formatting in tact so you can have a look at how it's done.

I’m not convinced she’s sincere about her feelings for Jack. She seems cold and calculating to me. In a newspaper article she was quoted as saying: “There was catfighting, but I tried to make friends with everyone and stayed above it.” That statement is so hypocritical. By her own admission on camera: “I’m not here to make friends, I’m here to win.” Anyone who can blithely contradict herself like that is not to be believed.
    Here we go disagreeing again...
    Those two statements aren't mutually exclusive. She didn't come on the show to make friends, making friends was not her goal. That doesn't mean she can't try to do it too. If I say "I didn't go to the store to buy a magazine, I went to buy milk", does that mean I'm not allowed to pick up a magazine while I'm there without making myself a liar?

Also, she’s an aspiring actress.
    They all are.

And the only way to get airtime is to get it on with the guy.
    We'll have to wait and see how long the relationship lasts to find out...

This, of course, is pure conjecture on my part.
    Pure conjecture is the fuel that keeps FORT running!

If she really does love him and he loves her, then more power to them, and hey, I ain’t stopping them.
    I think it's a little early in their relationship to be bringing out the L-word, but there is definite attraction and affection.

It’s kind of fascinating how people perceive the same person in completely different lights.
    That's what's so fun about it...

Marissa is interesting, to say nonetheless. Usually, I don't understand people like her but something about her makes me think that she and Jack are great together. Jack was really hurt when the girls voted her off. Adrienne has a lot of attitude when it comes to Marissa. I guess she thinks that Marissa was her only fierce competition and once she got rid of her, she will be the girl that Jack picks in the end. I can't wait to see everyone's reaction when Marissa comes back. Especially Adrienne and Jack. She'll be pissed and he'll be ecstatic.
    Remember that you only live once, and if you do it just right, once is just enough.

BE the change you wish to see in the world. - M. Gandhi

FORT Regular
    Thanks for explaining the quote thingy, Qboots. It seems so obvious now you’ve told me, but I never would’ve thought of it. I was trying to highlight the bit I wanted with the cursor, as in cut-and-paste, which seemed the more obvious thing to do at the time. The smileys, however, were much easier to figure out—and a ton o’ fun. I’m like a kid :phhht who has discovered a new toy.

I’m just going to agree to disagree on the Marissa thing. (Sorry, point-by-point rebuttal is just too much work.) I’m no big fan of Adrienne’s anyway. I just feel a double standard is being applied. If you like Marissa because she’s a tough competitor, that’s fine. But if you applaud her for throwing elbows in the fishing contest, and sneaking off with Jack behind the other girls’ back, then how can you fault Adrienne for being pushy around the campfire, or any of the girls for voting her off when they were given the chance? That was the strategic and competitive thing to do. If Jack had the hots for Adrienne, I seriously doubt Marissa would’ve said, “Oh well, I’ll just gracefully bow out here, I don’t want to stand in your way.” Guess their actions are coloured by who we like. I for one honestly didn't think Adrienne was rude, just pushy.

Actually, they’re not all aspiring actors, Natalie is a beautician (any gasps of surprise?), and I don’t know about the others. Mary is oh-so-obviously hawking herself as a singer. Speaking of Natalie and Mary, (how was that for a smooth segue) does anybody else think maybe Jack has been asked to keep them around by the producers, just to keep the “clueless city chick in the Outback” comedy going? Otherwise, who would decry the horrors of having to do your own nails, or stand by helplessly as your precious Chanel and Estee Lauder products are melting? Or make comments like “It’s a 360 from what I’m used to” or “Is this a rainforest?” (Okay, honey, look how dry it is around here. Now repeat after me: RAIN forest.) Do they stack the deck on reality tv shows? I mean it seems like Jack’s not really interested in them; they’re the two he hasn’t kissed. He mostly says they make him laugh. And he’s obviously getting direction on other things:

Okay, “Jack” you’re going to “happen” to come across a “wild” python,* and you say it’s “dehydrated,”** so you take it to “mates” of yours who just “happen” to run an animal sanctuary just down the road.

* I’ve seen wild pythons in the rainforest (the real kind, with rain and forest), and when I went for a closer look, the local man I was with yanked me back by the scruff of the neck and called me crazy. If that python weren’t tame, Jack wouldn’t be draping it around the “ladies’” necks.

** That’s the second “snake” to get “dehydrated” on this series. (Note to Marissa fans: I know she really did have heat stroke, I’m just kidding.)

Kat007! Loved your posts and your points are very good points! Thats the part about posting on FORT.. not all of us are going to agree, but we are allowed to have our opinion. Glad you joined us

FORT Regular
    Hi Canadian Bunny, thanks for the welcome,

Yeah, I know. Had there not been such interesting opinions to debate, I wouldn't have been inspired to figure out how to post. I was watching Outback Jack on my own, and what I saw seemed so obvious to me, then I came across this site and realized it was only my point of view. It makes it a lot more interesting to see all the other perceptions.

(Of course, I still think my own opinion is the right one But then, don't we all?)

... you are learning fast eh??

I’m no big fan of Adrienne’s anyway. I just feel a double standard is being applied. If you like Marissa because she’s a tough competitor, that’s fine. But if you applaud her for throwing elbows in the fishing contest, and sneaking off with Jack behind the other girls’ back, then how can you fault Adrienne for being pushy around the campfire, or any of the girls for voting her off when they were given the chance? That was the strategic and competitive thing to do.
    Marissa was a little physically aggressive during a physical competition -- and I like women who are willing to be physically aggressive during appropriate activities. Adrienne was being petty and rude, I don't find that attractive...

I for one honestly didn't think Adrienne was rude, just pushy.
    Adrienne's little speech was directed directly at Marissa, that's was rude.

* I’ve seen wild pythons in the rainforest (the real kind, with rain and forest), and when I went for a closer look, the local man I was with yanked me back by the scruff of the neck and called me crazy. If that python weren’t tame, Jack wouldn’t be draping it around the “ladies’” necks.
    Pythons aren't poisonous but they can give you a real nasty bite, not to mention breaking bones if you're foolish enough to pick one up and let them think they're falling (they'll grab on trying to prevent themselves from falling and snap bones). The snake isn't going to try to strangle you, they only constrict to kill things they're going to kill. But that snake was obviously a complete setup, I mean if they just ran across it the camera guys wouldn't have been setup ahead of Jack and the girls filming it...

+ Reply to Thread