+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: TiVo doesn't recognize this show

TiVo doesn't recognize this show

I wanted to check it out, but when I search "Outback Jack" in the TiVo recording menu it doesn't turn up. Anyone else have that problem?
    "If there are no dogs in heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." Will Rogers

Candor,

Are you able to find Outback Jack under Search By Title? Does TBS come up in your menu grid? Sometimes TiVo updates certain channels and you then have to "add" the channel back in your settings under channels you receive.

I'm guessing you don't get TBS. TiVo isn't THAT magical

My TiVo is delighted to show me listings--and let me set to record--channels like Showtime that I don't get. Sometimes I think it is mocking me. :phhht

I find Outback Jack through "search by title." Make sure to search it as one word, Outback, and not Out_Back, or you may see just a long list of "Out of ---" shows.

Pam, you have to tell TiVo which channels you get and which you don't

Quote Originally Posted by John
    Pam, you have to tell TiVo which channels you get and which you don't
    Hmmmm I let my husband set it up. He must have missed that page of the manual. Wait a minute, why would I assume he even took the manual out of the box? His guy-intuition must have missed out on the channel-choosing part.

And all this time I thought TiVo was tormenting me on purpose with all the great movies I could be watching if only I paid another 20 bucks a month. :rolleyes

I thought I got TBS ... that's, like, not even premium. And I can search by title, but no Outback Jack to be found. I think this is technology's way of saying, dude, you watch way too much reality TV.
    "If there are no dogs in heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." Will Rogers

Color me stupid but I have no idea what TiVo is. I see people mentioning it here ALL the time and I've come to the conclusion that it's something that records multiple shows for you and stores them somehow?

Do a search of the forums for TiVo, you'll find our TiVo appreciation thread that explains all

Quote Originally Posted by John
    Do a search of the forums for TiVo, you'll find our TiVo appreciation thread that explains all

ahhhhhhhhhh... Tivo... I don't know what took me so long to get you, but I'm glad you're here.

Anon... it's like having a vcr included right in your cable box. Plus, you can pause live tv and unpause it at any time and start up right where you left off. You can rewind tvshows as you watch them. You can program the darned thing to your favorite actor (melt.. Ed Harris) and it will automatically record anything that ever comes on when he's in it.

It's a beautiful thing.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast