+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: TiVo doesn't recognize this show

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous
    Color me stupid but I have no idea what TiVo is. I see people mentioning it here ALL the time and I've come to the conclusion that it's something that records multiple shows for you and stores them somehow?
    It's a specialized computer that operates like a VCR but it records TV shows onto a hard drive not video tape. Being a computer it allows all sorts of extra features. First is the guide data, you scroll through a TV listing on screen and pick shows you want to record. You can set it to record a single episode or all episodes of a series. You can rate shows (thumbs up/down) and the TIVO will then record other shows onto unused HD space that it thinks you may like.

Another important feature is live pause, if you're watching a show while it's being broadcast the TIVO records it onto the HD so that you can hit pause, (rewind, etc.) then when you come back you continue from where you left off -- then you can fast-forward through commercials until you've caught up to the broadcast signal. Most people that get a TIVO have it change how they watch TV. Once you've got all your favorite shows set to record when you sit down to watch TV you just bring up the list of recorded shows and pick something. You are no longer tied to the TV exec's schedule, you can watch what you want when you want.

To whoever invented TiVo ...

"If there are no dogs in heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." Will Rogers

Candor,
    If you have Comcast Cable, TBS is channel 55 and part of the basic package. Does your Tivo just think you don't get that channel for some reason? I'm pretty sure you'd find the show amusing and I want to read what you think of Mary and Marissa.

Quote Originally Posted by Mariner
    Candor,
    If you have Comcast Cable, TBS is channel 55 and part of the basic package. Does your Tivo just think you don't get that channel for some reason? I'm pretty sure you'd find the show amusing and I want to read what you think of Mary and Marissa.
    I do have Comcast, but for some reason Outback Jack doesn't turn up in the Pick Programs to Record menu. Without it, I can't order a season pass.
    I guess I'll have to (heavy sigh) pick up the clicker and punch in "55" myself. Thanks for the info, Mariner.
    "If there are no dogs in heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." Will Rogers

Quote Originally Posted by candor
    I do have Comcast, but for some reason Outback Jack doesn't turn up in the Pick Programs to Record menu. Without it, I can't order a season pass.
    I guess I'll have to (heavy sigh) pick up the clicker and punch in "55" myself. Thanks for the info, Mariner.
    Sorry you have to do such a burdensome thing.

Candor,

If you have TiVo version 2
    Go to > Tivo Messages and Setup > Settings > Preferences > Customize Channels > Channels You Receive > and make sure the TBS channel is checked.

Quote Originally Posted by IEEE1394
    Candor,

If you have TiVo version 2
    Go to > Tivo Messages and Setup > Settings > Preferences > Customize Channels > Channels You Receive > and make sure the TBS channel is checked.
    Thanks so much! And I didn't even have to wait on hold for 30 minutes, listening to Michael Bolton. I'll give it a try.

Quote Originally Posted by candor
    Thanks so much! And I didn't even have to wait on hold for 30 minutes, listening to Michael Bolton. I'll give it a try.
    Michael Bolton!!! That's cruel and unusual punishment. Bad TiVo.

I had a hard time finding it under "reality" types when I was doing my search. I just looked under "All types" when I did my search. For whatever reason, they don't have it classified as reality. You know, it kind of makes sense.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12