+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Marissa

Jack knew about the voting off by their peers the night before they were to do it. They were instructed they couldn't tell him of the twist. However it should be Jack's choice who he wants to let go each week, not the girls. You didn't see the Bachelor or Bachelorette have the girls/guys to vote off one of their own. That was a stupid move, but its part of the twist of the return of Marissa. The other girls are not being compeitive, instead they are whining because Marissa is so aggressive. So instead of wasting time whining, why don't they step up to the bat, stop being whiners and compete for his affections. After all thats the name of the game.
    Last edited by canadian_bunny; 07-07-2004 at 11:34 PM.

Premium Member
    The other girls have not liked Marissa ever since she got sick in the first episode.

It bugged me when they were saying she got sick on purpose or that she wasn't really sick. She may not have taken the proper precautions to prevent it, but heat stroke isn't something you can fake! That whole episode made me feel protective of her!

My take on this is that it is similar to the Joe Millionaire 2 situation where it was obvious early on that the guy had a strong partiality to one girl. When that happened the producers did the same thing which was arrange for the favorite lady to leave only to reappear later on. Otherwise the suspense is gone. Clever move on the producers part. I agree that Jack will not be happy with the other ladies though for backstabbing his choice. It will be interesting this week to see if any of the new athletic girls replace any of the original ones. At this point I don't think Jack will mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Kitiri
    My take on this is that it is similar to the Joe Millionaire 2 situation where it was obvious early on that the guy had a strong partiality to one girl. When that happened the producers did the same thing which was arrange for the favorite lady to leave only to reappear later on. Otherwise the suspense is gone. Clever move on the producers part. I agree that Jack will not be happy with the other ladies though for backstabbing his choice. It will be interesting this week to see if any of the new athletic girls replace any of the original ones. At this point I don't think Jack will mind.
    Very good - I thought the same thing about the similarity to Joe Millionaire 2. The Bachelor/Bachelorette tries to hide the obvious choices, but this show has taken a different tack by seeming to get rid of the favorite. The fact that the other girls were against her just fed right into the set up scenario (unless the producers test the wind and make their decisions as they go along). The girls in Joe #2 also attacked the favorite girl, but she was so upset she left (encouraged by the producers no doubt). Marissa would not have done so, she's a lot tougher, so they had to come up with the girls voting her out (knowing they would).

Yep, she's still my favorite. I loved how they (Jack and Marrissa) had absolutely no problem kissing in front of the others before and after elimination. It was kind of nice little FU to the rest.

The girl is smart. She not only gets to come back, but I bet she gets to stay in an air-conditioned hotel until her return. She'll be nice and relaxed, showered, pampered, etc. when she makes her grand entrance. My only hope is that Adrienne is still there. Want to catch THAT particular draw drop on my TiVO.

Quote Originally Posted by berries
    It bugged me when they were saying she got sick on purpose or that she wasn't really sick. She may not have taken the proper precautions to prevent it, but heat stroke isn't something you can fake! That whole episode made me feel protective of her!

She was my favorite to win when the girls got catty when she came back instead of welcoming her back...or at least asking how she was.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

Maybe we should chug on over to namby pamby land where we can find some self confidence for you, you jackwagon!

Quote Originally Posted by funnygirl422
    I loved how they (Jack and Marrissa) had absolutely no problem kissing in front of the others before and after elimination. It was kind of nice little FU to the rest.
    YEAH!!! That was good!

Absence makes the heart grow stronger, right?

The Good-bye

All I can say is that, if I was one of those girls watching them embrace and kiss goodbye with that much passion, I would find it very difficult to stay. It is obvious who he wants, why would they try and "force" him to find the same with them? I would not be able to do it, not even out of revenge or spite.
    "There is only one pretty child and every mother has it"

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast